PDA

View Full Version : peanut butter cookies

Pages : [1] 2

thecounterspark
Dec 5th, 2005, 02:12 AM
does someone have a good peanut butter cookie recipe that they have personally made, tried and claim as very yummy? there are countless ones on the internet and never know what to trust! I dont really have the time to try a trial batch, so that's another reason why i'm asking on here. i'm making them for a gift for my friend (non-vegan), so ante up a recipe that'll have her saying "I can't believe these are vegan!" :D

thanks if anyone can assist me.:)

moochbabe
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:34 AM
i have a recipe for graham thumbprint cookies that calls for preserves that is good...from what i can tell it would be good with peanutbutter too...let me know if you're interested

thecounterspark
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:59 AM
mmm that sounds delicious, but i'm really looking for just a normal old-fashioned veganized peanut butter cookie recipe. any other time i'd say heck yeah, but peanut butter cookies are specifically my friend's favorite. thanks, though! :-)

Wishin986
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:09 AM
I just copied one the other day from a cookbook in the bookstore

Mom's Warm Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup natural peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups unbleached flour

- preheart oven - 350 F
- comebine maple syrup, canola oil, peanut butter, and vanilla in medium bowl. Add flour and mix to combine
From batter into teaspoon-size balls of dough
- Put on cookie sheet lined w. parchment paper (or greased)
Press the times of a fork across the top of the cookieto make perpendicular imprents
- Bake for 20 mins. Allow to cool for 5.

thecounterspark
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:32 AM
that sounds very simple. thanks! btw, have you tried it yourself? just wondering. thanks, again.

Wishin986
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:42 PM
no i actually havnt. an omni friend from work wanted to bake me something for christmas so she asked me to bring in a recipe and that was the easiest i found that i figured an omni would be able to handle bc the ingredients are mostly main stream etc.

Mr Flibble
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:53 PM
i have my own peanut butter cookie recipe that I've made several times, will post it when i get home and remember :)

Cherry
Dec 5th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Here's mine.

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/VeganCakes/peanut%20butter%20cookies.htm

They always turn out ok.

Tigerlily
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I love(d) peanut butter cookies.

Thanks for bringing this up! Mmmmm! I'm making something for my family's Christmas gathering now.

Mr Flibble
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:57 PM
My recipe is:

40g sunflower margerine
70g peanut butter
100g demerara
-- cream together --
100g white self raising flour
1 tsp (flat) baking powder
-- mix to bread crumbs --
add enough water to create a smooth dough
-- Roll it out on a floured worktop, then cut into cookies. Place on an oiled baking sheet. --
-- divide up and with the aid of a spoon press into the cookies: --
10g hemp seeds
60g shelled halved peanuts
-- cook at 160 degrees until done --

moochbabe
Dec 6th, 2005, 01:10 AM
that sounds wonderful! i just need to find a good converter so i can make them with the US measurments that i know and love :D :p

Smell
Feb 16th, 2006, 03:02 AM
I Just made these using Cherrys recipie! They are cooking right now.. I can't wait =P

xwitchymagicx
Feb 27th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Mmm I think this is my next recipe I'm going to try. ;) Hopefully doing gluten free won't matter too much!

tipsy
Feb 27th, 2006, 04:51 AM
i love these ones!
:D
http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/index.php?RecipeID=170

purple.cow
Sep 15th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Here's mine.

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/VeganCakes/peanut%20butter%20cookies.htm

They always turn out ok.

Thats the recipe I use, I actually know it off by heart now I've made them so much...lol I usually use Plain white gluten free flour though...although today I'm going to use buckwheat flour and see what happens...

Edit: I think I'll stick to white flour, they aren't nice with buckwheat...shame I've got no white flour until I go shopping.

Blix
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I wonder if using oil instead of margarine would work. any recipes?

insubordination
Nov 4th, 2006, 03:15 AM
The maple syrup one above had oil

Also found this one http://vegetarian.about.com/od/desertrecipes/r/pbcookies.htm

What about peanut butter cups, is it possible to make those? I saw some for sale on an online website once but they were way too pricey and made from crushed crackers. The chocolate part is easy but what about the peanut butter centre?

Cherry
Jul 26th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Thats the recipe I use, I actually know it off by heart now I've made them so much... Cool :)

As for peanut butter cups, if you google for recipes you get tonnes:
see here (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=recipe+peanut+butter+cups&meta=)

Most seem to be just peanut butter and powdered sugar.

Mr Flibble
Jul 26th, 2007, 09:53 AM
For the good of this forum I think you should have a go at making some and document the recipe. I'll then make the ultimate sacrifice by testing them :)

Cherry
Jul 26th, 2007, 10:52 AM
OK ;)

Have you ever had the real ones Mr F? When my sister went to America years ago she brought some back with her. I seem to remember them being quite edible (unlike the hershey's chocolate bars - yuck).

Mr Flibble
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:07 AM
* taps foot

Cherry
Aug 1st, 2007, 09:10 AM
:p

You'll have to get me some little tiny paper cases first. I have better plans for today anyway.

emmapresley
Aug 1st, 2007, 04:20 PM
heh..enter the comedy duo...

xaaronx
Aug 14th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Which recipes is the best? I remember these from when I was kid [not that long ago].

Would love to make some of these today!

Cherry
Aug 14th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I think you should try them ALL. Then you get more cookies.

While we're on the topic of peanut butter again, I did indeed have a go at peanut butter cups.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1240/1114390912_d20dc96a42.jpg
I used a silicone mini muffin tray instead of paper cases.