PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Vegan Children!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Veganmama
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:49 AM
I have two beautiful girls, The first is 2.5 and has been Vegan since she was about 10 months old when her father an Omni finally saw the light..lol. My other daughter is 1.5 and has been Vegan since conception.

They both eat a high % of Raw food. They get strange looks at the park when other kids have packets of twisties and they are munching on a packet of sprouts...lol

I'll post a couple of pics if anyone is intrest in seeing a couple of healthy Vegans kids

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 1st, 2004, 01:48 PM
What a great idea, VeganMama! Where else can we highlight our little "Vegan Warriors" in an open, accepting forum?

I have a beautiful, healthy, outgoing and sensitive 11 year old Vegan girl who is the picture of vibrant living! She's an actress, singer, dancer, published writer, print model and so much more! She has an amazing spirit and I am so proud of her! She is a vegan advocate and teaches by example. She knows to check labels and whene I'm not there to do it for her, she will not aaccept anything that she hasn't checked up on.She is tactful in her approach to introducing others to veganism and I learn from her in this way...

She is currently working on a production of "School House Rock" and has singing, acting and dancing solos. We bring all of her own food to the gatherings that are held and this has opened up an interesting dialogue amongst the other children and their families...

Blake Sebastiane is her name and she's making the "Peace" sign in this pic, but it was taken with our camera phone so some of it got cut off...

Artichoke47
Aug 1st, 2004, 01:50 PM
Awesome!

Veganmama
Aug 1st, 2004, 02:20 PM
The first photo is of my 2.5 year old, i love the way all ready when she's offered food she asked if it's got cows milk in it, We drink soy she says, baby cows drink cows milk...lol

The second photo is of my youngest 1.5 she tells everyone she doesn'r drink cow boobies she drinks mama's boobies

Then a pic of them both helping me make Vegan muffins

cedarblue
Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:17 PM
c.c. & vm; you both have fantastic kids, what lovely pictures :p

continue to nurture and guide them and they will swoop and fly confidently on their own when the time is right :)

feline01
Aug 24th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Great photos of your vegan beauties!! Congratulations on raising such fine, healthy young girls who proudly announce their veganism. My twins are 4 months old and I can say vegan since birth (breastfed + supplemented with non-GMO organic soy formula) and we most certainly plan on raising them vegan. They can be seen at www.suepearl.com (http://www.suepearl.com) if anyone is interested though those photos were taken when they were 2 months old (husband too busy to update the website, he's a stay-at-home dad).

I look forward to getting helpful advice from vegan moms on this forum.

Sue

Veganmama
Aug 24th, 2004, 10:29 PM
your twins are precious sue,

Wanda
Aug 27th, 2004, 05:42 AM
I have two amazing angels!
My boy is 3 and my girl is 5.
Can't love them any more than I do.

feline01
Aug 27th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Wanda,

I love your website, www.veganpeace.com. It has a really great format and information!

gertvegan
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Soooooooooo many great pics feline01.

MzNatural
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:29 PM
I have a beautiful Vegan/mommy's milk daughter. She will be 17 months on Thursday.
http://images7.fotki.com/v113/photos/1/174129/1434845/J_pflowers-vi.jpg

feline01
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:17 PM
MzNatural,

She is a cutey-pie (vegan of course :) ) What a great smile!

MzNatural
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks feline01 your twins are beautiful. I was hoping for twins when I had my daughter perhaps next time I will. I love the pictures of your children, VeganMama and ConciousCuisine. It is so wonderful to see other Vegan children out there. I meant to comment about the other pictures earlier but I have been playing and chasing with my active bee!

feline01
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Yes, I still have time to post since mine aren't walking yet ;) And because unfortunately, I'm at work while my husband gets to stay home and raise the babies.

Northern Lights
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:38 PM
Beautiful children all!

I can't post mine since they're not vegan (yet!). Someday....

And feline01- you mentioned elsewhere that you're planning on homeschooling. Good for you. We are in our 7th official year and we love it.

feline01
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:48 PM
Northern Lights,

Any links and/or tips you have on homeschooling? I know mine are very young but I'm trying to collect information to have on hand. And one is never too young (or too old) to learn! Fantastic that you've been doing it for 7 years!

Northern Lights
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:06 PM
Northern Lights,

Any links and/or tips you have on homeschooling? I know mine are very young but I'm trying to collect information to have on hand.

For the most part, you need to remember that everything you're going to do over the next 5 years is teaching already. Getting kids to tie their shoes and use the toilet are far more challenging tasks in some ways than learning to read!

Two biggest things to remember as you learn more about homeschooling- number one:no one way to homeschool (hs) is the best. What works for others drives me crazy, and what I do with my children makes others shake their heads! But for us, it works. We live together, play together, learn together. Our family has gone on extended backcounty canoeing trips for up to 10 days in the wilderness, and we love it. I know some hsers that have their children sit at school desks in the basement completing workbook after workbook. I guess I have to say that's their choice, but it's not one I'd make!

Second- read to the kids. There is nothing more powerful than falling in love with reading as it opens doors to learning about everything imaginable. Read with funny voices, read books with beautiful pictures, read books with no pictures and draw your own (when they are big enough!!). That one thing as a daily constant means everyone is learning every day.

Obviously, I'm a little passionate about hsing in general!

feline01
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:17 PM
We live across the street from campgrounds (suburban state park) and have said if the kids want to camp when they get older, we'll take them there and we can still go home and use the bathroom and shower without telling them :) . I'm not much of a camper, nor is my husband. I did tell my husband that everything we do is homeschooling and that helped him alot (he's a stay-at-home dad). I'm so excited about teaching them about the world and especially instilling in them a love for reading (which I have but my husband does not).

blue
Oct 29th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Here's my daughter at the Avril Lavigne Concert. She was so sweaty, so it's not the best picture, but I love it because you can see how pretty her eyes are. She was standing, and was about armpit high to everyone else!

blue
Oct 29th, 2004, 09:14 AM
I don't have a recent picture of my son with me...... I have two brand new ones in my purse!

MzNatural
Oct 31st, 2004, 03:06 PM
blue, your daughter is beautiful! She has lovely eyes.
I like your horse.

blue
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:35 AM
Mz, thank you, she's my baby!

Lilac Hamster
Dec 24th, 2004, 08:07 PM
We have three brought up vegan, aged 11, 8 and 3, one boy and two girls, Jonathan, Aurora and Lucy.

Lesley

GwynneVeg
Dec 30th, 2004, 04:23 AM
All of your pics are wonderful. I have three grown children and two are now vegan. (I knew they would eventually get it right). (: The third is sometimes vegetarian. I wish I had raised them vegan, but I was a carnivore back then.

GwynneVeg
Dec 30th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Here's my daughter at the Avril Lavigne Concert. She was so sweaty, so it's not the best picture, but I love it because you can see how pretty her eyes are. She was standing, and was about armpit high to everyone else!

Blue, your daughter is lovely and your horse is amazing! You're right - her eyes, (your daughter's) are beautiful.

Living in Texas, do you know many vegans? You must be all alone there!