PDA

View Full Version : Ham - and Save Babe

eve
Dec 12th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I'm getting really fed up with people telling me what they're going to eat for christmas - even had a friend who asked if I'd help make ham sandwiches! Tried explaining about the tortured lives the pigs live until the day they are slaughtered, but the only response is that nowadays their crates/cages are bigger.

I went to the SaveBabe website today, and will hopefully be getting a copy of their cd, that I can let my friends look at. Meanwhile Animals Australia has a website that is about the facts and fallacies surrounding the suffering of hundreds of thousands of female pigs in factory farms. Their url is http://www.animalsaustralia.org/default2.asp?idL1=1272&idL2=1834
and url of the SaveBabe campaign is www.savebabe.com

Anyone else sick of christmas?

Jacqui
Dec 12th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Anyone else sick of christmas?
Yes, I am.
Handed out savebabe pamplets last week on the street, part of the, "Still feel like a christmas ham? Cruelty dont buy it!" campaign.
One good thing was, that a lot of people looked genuinely shocked to see how these animals are treated, and were interested to know more.
I was sent some savebabe postcards with pictures of some gorgeous pigs on them, thought I'd send them as christmas cards.
Though some folks would not even see the connection with the piglets and their christmas lunch.:(

sugarmouse
Dec 12th, 2005, 10:53 AM
me too.i started a nother threadithink..about this.i hate it. theres so many things about xmas that i hate:(

im tryin to find a brit alternative of that website.

Tigerlily
Dec 12th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I know how you feel Eve. Nothing is worse than listening to omnis go on about their delicious turkey dinner or their roast beef.

Panda
Dec 13th, 2005, 03:12 AM
my "vegetarian" brother thinks that christmas is so special he is making mum buy some free range turkey to munch on. Apparently christmas is an excuse to start feeding on dead animal carcasses WTF? I hate christmas, now we have some guy coming over who is muslim and is bringing his own batch of halal flesh to consume in front of me. So from dreaming of a nice cruelty free christmas because my mum sister me and bro are all meant to be vegies its going to be a sad dinner for the animals.

Mystic
Dec 13th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Yeh, sick of it. I am probably going to bring falafel balls, some hummus, tabbouli & pita and a date & walnut vegan cake & soy custard for me, while everyone else scoffs dead pig & turkey, followed by cow secretion brandy custard on cow secreion-chicken period fruit cake.

princessemma
Dec 13th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I posted loads of turkey leaflets yesterday but sometimes I wonder if there's any point. Having christmas dinner at home with my husband and daughter so I don't have to pull crackers over a turkey carcass. We'll go over to my mum's later and open presents. Better all round I think. I want to do a special christmas eve brunch can you get or, make vegan croissants or bagels?

sugarmouse
Dec 15th, 2005, 01:21 AM
well i forwarded it to a few folkin my address book. and one of them has annoyed me with this reply:

Seems like a pro vegetarian diet email. Having tried vegetarian food I wasn’t too keen, tasted like eating cardboard. As for the health benefits, they can only ever be realised by eating cleanly produced foods, vegetarian foods generally require large quantities of artificial ingredients to replicate the flavours / smells of meat foods.

The reason vegetarians are slimmer is there are less calories in vegetables, and no protein! Which if your under the age of 25 is quite essential to the correct development of your body and mind.

There you go, my counter rant over ;o)

Yes they should be treat better, and by doing so raise the price of pork products preventing us from eating so much and saving ourselves in the process. Hurray!

i cant think of a reaeally good reply...maybe just cause im tired...but if anyone can give me a few poiinters id appreciate it.i dnt like him now.lol