PDA

View Full Version : Is FCUK clothing 'OK' ?

VeganJohn
Dec 13th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I have a few items of FCUK clothing, such as jumpers and T-Shirts, they are not made from wool or silk but I am curious as to whether FCUK are ethical or not.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

John.

Mr Flibble
Dec 13th, 2005, 01:02 PM
not sure, on the basis that i wouldn't be seen dead in anything as trendy as fcuk I've never bothered finding out ;)

Cloudy
Dec 13th, 2005, 01:11 PM
not sure, on the basis that i wouldn't be seen dead in anything as trendy as fcuk I've never bothered finding out ;)

Trendy? Dunno about that!

Mr Flibble
Dec 13th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Trendy? Dunno about that!

When I was living in Essex it was like a uniform ;)

My essex boy housemate who owned no less than 11 pairs of blue jeans had a whole slection of white fcuk tshirts. Kinda put me off the idea :)

Gorilla
Dec 13th, 2005, 01:22 PM
according to Ethical Consumer magazine, http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/magazine/buyers/clothes/clothes.pdf they're not one of the worst offenders for using sweatshops but they do have factories in China, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, which are apparently "oppressive regimes" and not exactly known for their human rights records. they also get black marks against them for "other animal rights" (it doesn't specify what), their environmental reporting and their code of conduct, although most companies on that list do.

seems they're not particularly ethical, but they could be worse.

snaffler
Dec 13th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Not sure about the ethics but it's a general issue Chav Uniform.

absentmindedfan
Dec 13th, 2005, 10:13 PM
FCUK has sold fur when it was in fashion, which is reason enough never to shop there. Plus the chav factor