PDA

View Full Version : stuffing is too dry!

foxytina_69
Dec 16th, 2005, 06:38 AM
im obviously going to make stuffing for my christmas dinner, but i found it too dry. i use a little bit of v. butter in it, but its still too dry. basically its just bread and onion and celery, seasoning and some v. butter. anyone know what i could do to make it more moist? should i add some veggie stock or water to it? i dont want to have to add extra v. butter.

Mr Flibble
Dec 16th, 2005, 09:26 AM
i would have thought that fat is more likely to cause it to crispen than be moist. I'd have thought some liquid - either stock or water. Perhaps soak the breadcrumbs first?

alekolu
Dec 16th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I have a recipe from my grandmother that is basically what you are describing, only it has about a cup of mashed potatoes in it as well, and I don't think it's too dry. So, maybe you could try adding some potatoes.

foxytina_69
Dec 16th, 2005, 10:20 AM
i think ill just try drizzling it with some yummy vegetable stock to make it less dry and more gooey and moist. mmmm i cant wait!

Skajen
Dec 16th, 2005, 11:29 AM
have a few practice runs :) good luck x

boomer
Dec 16th, 2005, 01:32 PM
You could add a dash or two of vegan worcestershire sauce to the veggie stock to zing it up a bit.

Tigerlily
Dec 16th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Vegetable stock! My mom for Thanksgiving made a very yummy vegan stuffing out of a wee bit of vegan margarine, a touch of plain soy milk, and veggie stock. :)

Turned out crispy-ish on the outside but still soft on the inside; my favourite way.