PDA

View Full Version : Soymilk and Chemicals

Veggie4Life139
Dec 26th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone, I heard from my grandma watching the news that some soymilk contains chemicals such as the ones from cow's milk. I wanted to know if anyone knew anything more about this. Thanks for any information!

Jacqui
Dec 26th, 2005, 09:42 PM
There is a thread "Is soy bad for your health?"
Some good info for you there.:)

DianeVegan
Dec 27th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Veggie, not all soymilk is vegan. You really do need to check the label, especially where it concerns vitamin D (D2 is the one you want). Perhaps this is what your grandma was referring to?

Tigerlily
Dec 27th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Also, some soy milks are not organic and are full of pesticides and GMO ingredients like cow's milk.

Veggie4Life139
Dec 29th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Do you guys know what soymilks do have chemicals and which ones aren't vegan, off the top of your heads? I know me and my boyfriend drink Silk, but I also drink other brands. Thanks!

Tigerlily
Dec 29th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Animal derived Vitamin D3 is found in some soy milks, but I can't remember which brands.

DianeVegan
Dec 29th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Considering how often companies change their formulations, I think you always need to look at the ingredients label. The good news is that most soy milks I've encountered are vegan.

Tigerlily
Dec 29th, 2005, 05:17 PM
8th Continent! I heard that's the one that using D3...Now I remember! :)

I'm lucky like Diane...all the soy milks I've seen here are both vegan and organic.