PDA

View Full Version : Vegan New England

Pages : 1 [2]

veggiegirl3
Jul 28th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I just moved back to VT, where I grew up! My dad told me that there is a place here that sounds veggie friendly at least, so I will check it out and post it if it is. But, just wanted to say that I'm another New England vegan here! :) (and I don't know how to change my profile from PA...see left)

Wildflower
Jul 30th, 2006, 04:03 AM
I may be going to Philly in a week - that's part of New England, right?

Any suggestions? I will be travelling for work and may be with other work people so not sure they will go for a vegan place across town or if I will have a car or not. Does philly have public transport or is it easy/safe to walk around downtown? I am thinking my company's other location is in the downtown area most probably.

veggiegirl3
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Philly is part of PA, no New England. My mom used to live there though...I think parts are safe to walk around (I did on a school trip with classmates), at least during the day (I don't know about at night. But, I'm pretty sure there must be areas that aren't tht safe to walk around, especially late at night or alone.

Wishin986
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I may be going to Philly in a week - that's part of New England, right?

Any suggestions? I will be travelling for work and may be with other work people so not sure they will go for a vegan place across town or if I will have a car or not. Does philly have public transport or is it easy/safe to walk around downtown? I am thinking my company's other location is in the downtown area most probably.

There are places around one side of Penn and the immediate area that are safe - I know if you go a couple blocks though I think past pine street or something then it gets really unsafe to walk around. not sure about the other areas - I would ask my dad (he went to Penn so knows those areas pretty well) but hes already down the beach.

Wildflower
Jul 30th, 2006, 07:01 PM
OK, thanks. I wasn't sure if PA was part of New England or not...in looking it up, it looks like New England is CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT.

Sorry, this midwest girl has no clue - we call that area the northeast! :p

Wishin986
Jul 31st, 2006, 12:33 AM
Sorry, this midwest girl has no clue - we call that area the northeast! :p

haha yea I go to school in NOrth Carolina and during one of my sorority meetings we had to split up into groups by region and most peopel had no idea new england even existed so dont feel bad!