PDA

View Full Version : Things meat eaters say and do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123

Tigerlily
Sep 13th, 2010, 02:11 AM
That is just the height of bad manners in a social situation. I would just have walked out and made sure I only dined with people whose knuckles don't scrape the floor in future.

Don't insult poor apes like that! :p

Pammy
Sep 16th, 2010, 10:54 PM
What a day!

Ive been called an 'elitist' today

Asked what do I eat?!

Called extreme for not wearing leather (ie. walking boots)

And, would it be that bad if I did have non-vegan cake?!

I think a person who eats meat is an "ill-eatist"!!!

leedsveg
Sep 16th, 2010, 11:14 PM

Very good!:thumbsup:

lv

felix_amborosa
Sep 17th, 2010, 12:56 AM

I like that a lot :D

nadejda
Sep 17th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Got this today.

I was asked why I don't eat any animals and have I always been "that way".

I explained how some years ago my grandmother killed her pig in the backyard and how he was screaming which result in turning 3 people to vegetarians - me (vegan already), my brother and my cousin.

And she replied:

So there is a psycological problem with you and your family, right?

agrhhhhrhr

....this made me really angry....

earthling
Sep 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Psychological problems? :eek:

Perhaps you could inform her that actually, vegans and vegetarians have greater empathy for human beings as well as nonhumans: http://www.vegansoapbox.com/nonvegans-think-differently-than-vegans/

If that's a 'psychological problem' then I'm happy to have it!

Shrapnel
Sep 17th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Or perhaps you could have told her that there is a psychological problem with your family, in that some members still eat meat, which has been shown to be an inability to empathize.

ursus_arctos
Sep 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
"cows are not pets, they are farm animals kept by humans for milk and meat. Cows wouldn't survive in nature without humans. This symbiosis has been around for centuries. And it is beneficial for both parties: humans need cows to give milk, cows need humans to provide shelter and food."
So this whole milk business it is symbiosis, in case you didn't know :D I mean really, it all started like this- there was this lost cow somewhere in the woods, with huge mastitis and she just couldn't figure out how to find food and shelter. And then this compassionate homo sapiens came by, built a barn for her and she was oh-so-grateful that she gave him milk :D

Back-Space
Sep 18th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Or perhaps you could have told her that there is a psychological problem with your family, in that some members still eat meat, which has been shown to be an inability to empathize.

I like that, I may have to steal it.

"cows are not pets, they are farm animals kept by humans for milk and meat. Cows wouldn't survive in nature without humans. This symbiosis has been around for centuries. And it is beneficial for both parties: humans need cows to give milk, cows need humans to provide shelter and food."
So this whole milk business it is symbiosis, in case you didn't know :D I mean really, it all started like this- there was this lost cow somewhere in the woods, with huge mastitis and she just couldn't figure out how to find food and shelter. And then this compassionate homo sapiens came by, built a barn for her and she was oh-so-grateful that she gave him milk :D

It's been like that for so long, it's actually hard to imagine a cow living on its own in the wild. But I personally like the cheese commercials... "Made with the natural goodness of milk" Because milk is healthy for you, and completely natural :)

Adena
Sep 18th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Something that always annoys me is when people say "can you eat this?" or "can you eat that?"
I always respond with well yeah, I can eat anything I want to, I just choose not to because I find the idea of chickens periods/the breast milk of another species/ dead flesh disgusting (usually shuts them up =] )
or sometimes "technically I could eat you. I can eat anything. I just don't consider it food, so I choose not to." lol

Tigerlily
Sep 18th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Ugh, I hate that too, VeganBride.

Foodinsite
Sep 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Perhaps it's time to re-assess your values and associate with people who share them. Just a thought.

Foodinsite
Sep 18th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Above response (... perhaps it's time to re-assess your values...) was to rxseeeyse -
Oh, and my bf thinks the veganism is a propaganda bad for you...I mean, why isnt meat eating propaganda then...= =so mad sometimes just to think about these.

Foodinsite
Sep 18th, 2010, 02:25 PM
This is the best idea I've heard yet! I'm gonna do just that -- and carry a few copies around in my car, just in case.

Congrats on your veganism, Eleanor!

Maybe you could make a vegan FAQ list, and when somebody asks stupid questions just mail it to them.

emzy1985
Sep 19th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Caz and I got engaged! :bigsmile: So her homophobic meaty parents reluctantly threw us a party. They got a veggie curry and seafood curry for themselves, obviously thinking this would be less offensive. Unfortunately people don't seem to understand that I don't eat sea food just because I'm vegan, I don't eat it because it will kill me. :mad:

Adena
Sep 19th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Congratulations Emzy!! :D Sucks about the seafood party =/ but veggie curry sounds yum! :)

Festered
Sep 20th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Someone in the USA (on fb) is trying to tell me it's expensive to be a healthy vegan.
I know loads of ppl on here are from the USA so I can only assume it isn't, I don't know what to say 'cos I don't know how much things are there,but I am pretty sure they're not right.

ruth151
Sep 20th, 2010, 12:33 AM
^^Well I don't live in the USA but in England that is not the case it is much cheaper to be a healthy vegan then to eat meat and/or dairy products. The food I buy to be a healthy vegan is much cheaper then getting pounds of steak, pork, chicken, etc. :)

Back-Space
Sep 20th, 2010, 01:05 AM
I live in Canada, and it's not overly expensive here. $10 in food lasts me a good 3 days :) It actually costs me more money when I'm buying the unhealthy food. $6 for 12 cookies. $5 for some banana bread :p

Hemlock
Sep 20th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Caz and I got engaged! :bigsmile: So her homophobic meaty parents reluctantly threw us a party.

Congratulations Emzy!!!! and Caz too.

They sound thrilled, I can just imagine their faces :)

emzy1985
Sep 20th, 2010, 09:04 AM
VeganBride - Maybe it's me becoming more fussy or grumpy in my old age, but if you know we are both vegan and really don't like eating around meaties if we can avoid it, throwing us a party in our honour and eating meat is a tad weird.

Hemlock - It was worth every minute!

VeganVicky
Sep 20th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I was watching come dine with me last night and one of them said that just being vegetarian you will all die at the age of 60.... what a load a bull

Meat eaters are more likely to die then due to blocked arteries and strokes because of all the horrible meat they have been eating.

Alael
Sep 20th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I think we should all start playing omni bingo, first one to get a full house wins.

http://www.animalcrackers.org.uk/forumimages/omni%20bingo.jpg

xx

Another good one is the use of carnivorous plants as...an argument against veganism?

Yeah, I know, you don't have to say anything, I didn't either lol.

megrainbows
Sep 22nd, 2010, 06:10 PM
No one in my school knew I was vegan besides my friends until recently, when I boy in my maths class shouted 'YOU'RE VEGAN?! WHAT DO YOU EAT?!', which then made the entire class erupt into talk at me and questions.
I then sit next to another boy from my maths class, in my history classes and he often brings up chat about my veganism. He like worships meat and his family are livestock farmers. It's actually really funny what he comes out with; he almost tries to 'tempt' me to eat meat by trying to describe it in 'delicious' ways, and telling me about all the meat he's eaten that day It's really funny :D
He also asks things like 'If you were shipwrecked and only had a steak and a frying pan would you eat it' Which is obviously stupid as even if you did eat the steak, you'd then run out of food and die anyway, so the steak makes no difference :P Nearly every lesson he tells me that I must only eat tofu and salad.
It's funny how omnis always look at the meat side, and never even mention the milk/eggs/other animal products side.

pat sommer
Sep 25th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Oh, I am waxing nostalgic for stupid Omni remarks now that I moved to Maui (half the other home-school families are veg*ans).
My Scorpio side rather enjoyed vengefully ripping into them. All's fair I say when omnis chuckle at their own sick humor: I can out-gross the best of them so that they learn to KEEP-THEIR-PIE-HOLE-SHUT!

My arsenal includes references to dead babies (same weight and feel as whole supermarket chickens); burnt human flesh (ask a fireman, smells like pork); 'specialities' like Korean BBQ (descriptions of dog tenderizing); insider info on sausage meat (what DOESN'T go in?); autopsy reports (7lb of compacted feces in average colon); factory farm/slaughter descriptions ( percentage of fecal matter and rat hair permissible)

And especially relevant to Earthing's chums (#155) on Facebook:
My Red Cross volunteer friend who told of his experiences in Bosnia. He had to ask local Serbs how they could slaughter men women and children. "Easy", came the reply, "we knew how from pigs".