PDA

View Full Version : Things meat eaters say and do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123

tilly
Jul 5th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Oh. My. God!

I was just watching 'This Morning' where this silly old woman was cooking shit for barbeques, and i do mean shit.

First, she covered a mutilated a cow carcass with sauce, 'ready for dipping' :eek:

next she made 'healthy' burgers out of vegetables and EGG (idiot!) :confused:

and then...

She made pizza.

She covered some dough with tomatoes, covered it with sugar and olive oil (*cough* Deathwish *cough*) and said something along the lines of "This is quite a healthy pizza, it's not covered in fat," :rolleyes:

Then she proceeded to pour a mountain of feta cheese, ham and nuts onto it.

Dumbass...

sandra
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I saw her too Tilly, it was as if she was trying to see how many different animals she could get in her crappy food! So between the heat today and her item I feel quite sick!

lozza
Jul 5th, 2006, 07:56 PM
stupid woman.

i LOVE watching cooking shows, but i get a bit annoyed the way the chefs always go on about meat and how great "this cut of lamb" is or whatever. but i do like to watch it, to try & get ideas, and then maybe recreate them vegan-style :)

sandra
Jul 5th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Yea, I do that too. I made the pizza bases she gave a recipe for and made my own cheeseless pizza!

lozza
Jul 5th, 2006, 08:20 PM
brilliant! :D i love getting ideas from the 'professionals'

tilly
Jul 5th, 2006, 08:48 PM
lol

It's like you're violating their ideas to make them healthy, vegan and so much more tasty! :p ;)

sandra
Jul 5th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Yes, you're just validating the fact that food doesn't need to have animals in it to be good [the very thought of animals in my food is so horrific].

Shadowsoul
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I am fed up trying to be polite to people when I just want to scream at them.
Couldn't agree more! Everytime folks see me eat leafy greens or make my own nice cream, they would make impolite remarks such as "You're not eating real food", "You must be sick", or a graver "So you feel you're morally upright?" I keep rolling my eyes darting me about morale when all I want is a little peace and quiet while eating my favorite salad :p They keep asking why I'm vegan, and the talk goes on and on and on.

On a restaurant, the waiter assured me the Spaghetti al pesto is served Vegan-friendly, and he brought my plate topped with cheese, and I go "It has cheese", and he said "Yes ma'am, and it's vegan friendly", gaaaah!! I politely asked they replace the pasta and substitute ground walnut to the cheese, achingly polite when I'm steaming from the inside. :mad:

Guess I am really exhausted explaining to every single person I dine with why I don't eat what they eat.

sandra
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I don't want to offend any waiters out there, but sometimes they are really stupid!

Jamie
Jul 6th, 2006, 08:41 AM
maybe not stupid, just completely ignorant. Or just a bunch of arseholes!! ;)

Yogini
Jul 6th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I go "It has cheese", and he said "Yes ma'am, and it's vegan friendly", gaaaah!!

What on earth does "vegan friendly" mean? Either it's vegan or it isn't.:confused:

claireyveg
Jul 6th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I am just so sick of hearing "What do you eat?" from anyone who finds out I'm vegan! I get so sick of hearing "salad" like that is the only thing us vegans eat! grrr... does anyone have a simple respone to this question that doesn't sound snappy becuase i am sick of using the old "FOOD" response!lol

tilly
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I, myself, am not too fond of most vegetables, (I think the crap I was fed as a child ruined my tastebuds,) and I was talking to one of my omni friends the other day, and he said, sarcastically:

"You don't like vegetables, so you thought, 'I know! I'll be a vegan'!"

Grrrrrrr, yes, us vegans just eat salad... :rolleyes:

Cherry
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:36 PM
I went on a course today and nipped to get a coffee, to find that in my absence a discussion had started on veganism, and the first comment I heard when I sat down was that eating dairy products and eggs didn't cause the deaths of any animals :mad:

Luckily a couple of other people at the table were better informed, and had already started disagreeing :D

claireyveg
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:39 AM
I went on a course today and nipped to get a coffee, to find that in my absence a discussion had started on veganism, and the first comment I heard when I sat down was that eating dairy products and eggs didn't cause the deaths of any animals :mad:

Luckily a couple of other people at the table were better informed, and had already started disagreeing :D

Yeh my parents still refuse to believe there is anthing wrong with free-range eggs... "but they have a nice life, they aren't in cages" pfft... I also saw an article in todays paper that some Aussie nutirtionist is re-vamping the whole healthy food pyramid concept and apparently humans aren't supposed to eat milk- we can't digest lactose! OH MY GOD REALLY!?! how long did it take them to figure that out... oh well better late then never i guess eh?

Haniska
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:25 AM

WHAT?!?!?! Vegans drink coffee??:eek: LOL.

Shadowsoul
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:54 AM
WHAT?!?!?! Vegans drink coffee??:eek: LOL.
Well, I do :D I thought I need to give that up, but I substitute the dairy creamer with almond or soy milk :) I'm an incorrigible caffeine addict, good thing I was never a fan of whipped cream or chocolate additives people usually put in coffee, so I'm not missing those.

mandycoot
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:08 AM
People put whipped cream and chocolate in their coffee?! Ick!

sandra
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:32 AM
maybe not stupid, just completely ignorant. Or just a bunch of arseholes!! ;)
Jamie, I couldn't have put it better myself [infact I didn't] ha ha!

Shadowsoul
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:40 AM
People put whipped cream and chocolate in their coffee?! Ick!

They do, for frappes and ice-blended coffee :)

Jamie
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:59 AM
mmmmmmm, whipped cream and chocolate coffee........ *homer simpson style drool*

I love hot choc with soy squirty cream and cocoa sprinkled on top.... yummy! can only get it at home, but it's still fantasmic!! :D

sugarmouse
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:19 PM
This annoyed me yesterday..it was kinda good cos i had taken some vegan chocolate buns into work for my birthday..and I was offering them out n one girl (who is newish and i dont like her anyway,she gets on my tits!) asked me what was in them as she had irritable bowel syndrome and some things upset her stomach.I advised her that i didnt eat dairy , and I suffered wth IBS aswel so I was pretty sure they woudl be ok for her to eat.her reply was

'I dont eat dairy either! only milk,thats it!'

how stupid a comment is that?!?!?! FFS!grr.Milk is the basis of all dairy.I would not be able to think of a stupider comment if I tried

tilly
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Silly woman! :rolleyes:

I don't know if any of you read the Big Issue, but last week a letter was printed about Lifescape magazine, it goes like this:

MEAT AND NO VEG
So now the bean freak, celery-chomping, veggie brigade have got their own 'lifestyle' magazine? (Vegetarian options, Big Issue 511). Isn't it enough that we have to put up with these pompous, patronising hypocrites - how many of them wear leather and eat fish? - lecturing us at every opportunity for 'murdering' animals as we tuck into our meals, and slathering over beauty products tested on the little darlings?
I'd be suspicious of anyone who'd even eat, let alone want to cook, Crackling Rice-Paper parcels with Hoisim Tofu Australia. So I'd like to invite any carnivores out there who'd like to contribute to my new magazine, Bloody, Dripping and Damn Tasty, to get in touch via the Big Issue.
NICOLA BLOOMFIELD

Oh well, it's a good job that meat kills huh? ;)

Yogini
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:49 PM
What a horrible, horrible person. Why should she even care so much that we get our "own magazine"?

Vegan cat
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:05 PM
i cant believe that - you would think that working for the Big Issue they wouldl have bit of compassion!