PDA

View Full Version : Things meat eaters say and do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123

alilihippie
Sep 5th, 2007, 05:17 PM
When people say things like u'l die from not eating meat u just know they r being stubborn. They know they r wrong, because hello as u said u r sittin right there but they just end up spouting out crap and going off the subject just because they dont wana admit they r wrong. And i swear i remember reading somewhere about parts of the bible that says animals are not made 4 us, which they r not ofcourse. I mean jesus christ (literally) the old/new testament which ever 1 it is (as u can tell im not exactly a big bible reader) but i know that it says things like when a woman gives birth she and everything she touches is unclean until a certain time, but get this, if she has a girl its unclean longer.Hard to explain, but read some of the bible cos then ul realise that some of it is actually bullocks. But there r some moral bits lol and included in there is that animals should also be treated fairly. As indeed they r all gods creatures!!
I would respond yah I am going to die a Vegan. Why? What omni lived forever.

cruelkitti
Sep 6th, 2007, 03:43 AM
yeah...i get that alot, too...that or "Your vegan? Why? Is it for animal rights or health reasons?"
and when I explain to them that it's definately animal rights, but health is a huge benefit, their reaction is always similar to "...oh..." As if it's okay to care about my own health, but screw any other creature...as long as my reasoning isn't because I give a shit or anything, then I'm okay in their book...

Roxy
Sep 6th, 2007, 04:23 AM
I protest outside KFC each week, by leafletting and informing customers of KFC cruelty. Yesterday this idiot thought he'd be smart and said to me "200,000 people died in Darfur last year.......THESE ARE CHICKENS!"

I said "oh right - so tell me what are you doing to help aid Darfur? Because I'm also a member of Amnesty International."

Didn't have an answer to that one did he. Wanker.

People love to say things like "oooohhhhhh I looove chicken". I just answer them back with "I do to! That's why I don't eat them" :)

bugaboo
Sep 6th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Nice reply Roxy. I was thinking about protesting KFC but I think I would be an inadequate protester because I am more quiet in nature.

But also I was thinking....people go to KFC for lunch. Many of them having that in mind for hours before they go out to get their buckets of flesh. So why would they stop and think for a second when they are dead-set on getting their hands on broken down chickens. I can see why you protest but I also see why people argue with you. There must be a better way to get through to the average person. But the problem is trying to find that perfect method.

Veganism is a big step in a person's life and I think, sometimes, protesting a fast food chain, or whatever, propels a resentment in the omni community toward the vegans.

Please don't feel I am attacking you. I feel that your best thoughts are in mind. I just feel there must be a better way.

Roxy
Sep 6th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Nope....I don't feel like you're attacking at all :) Lots of people give us verbal abuse, but there are also a lot of people out there who give us their support. Sometimes people even change their mind and walk away, after having a discussion with us outside the restaurant.

Basically it's a friendly outreach event. We do it on Tuesdays, because KFC have a cheap Tuesday deal on up here.....that way we can reach more customers than on any other day.

Something else in our favour is that PETA and Pamela Anderson and launching a Boycott KFC TV campaign in Vancouver really soon woohoo! And our city's newspaper, did a big write up on KFC cruelty last weekend. So people are listening :)

We aren't trying to get people to go vegan. We're trying to get them to stop eating KFC. I'm realistic - the world aint never gonna go vegan :)

bugaboo
Sep 6th, 2007, 06:55 AM
that's awesome Roxy. I know that that kind of fanfare wouldn't go very well here. There are no plans on newspaper KFC cruelty articles and no Boycott KFC TV campaigns.

Well you know I live in California, but, it's really crazy...this state is becoming a redneck haven. It's terrible. More and more people are immigrating from rural communities than ever before and I see hatred toward races and alternative lifestyles becoming much more prevalent. I think if I were to protest here and now, I would get a quick punch to the brain.

I'm glad to hear that people are turning away from your events though. Maybe I can join you one day. haha.

Roxy
Sep 6th, 2007, 07:12 AM
We'd love to have you! Sometimes tourists who support our cause join up with us for just that one protest :D It's really cool.

Not all approaches work everywhere. And it's sad that California is changing the way you say it is :( Perhaps a different action would work in your area - however I don't know what to suggest.

Anyway - I've taken over Zorbed's thread, so I do apologise. I originally wanted to post and say that at these protests I get idiot meateaters thinking their really friggin hilarious with their stupid ass comments.

bugaboo
Sep 6th, 2007, 07:26 AM
that's why they are so inferior in my opinion. tell them "dumb ass says what?" and they will likely say "what?" get my drift?

Roxy
Sep 6th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Haha! :D

horselesspaul
Sep 6th, 2007, 04:14 PM
It's like, i don't even care if someone eats meat. It's their personal choice. If they want to ask me about being vegan then fine, if they want to try and jusify themselves to me then, well, it made me really angry.
zorbed, this is just like me but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bored of hearing it now that I am afraid it no longer makes me angry in that way. Maybe I'm losing my edge..
My mere existence seems to prompt people into huge bouts of confessional fishachicka b0ll0cks. Talk to the ham..

bugaboo
Sep 7th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Talk to the ham..

hahahahaha! I love that. I'm gonna use that (if you don't mind.):D

horselesspaul
Sep 7th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I'm gonna use that (if you don't mind.)
Sure, naturellement, although I'm currently trying to get it and other half- arsed slogans put on some clothing ..

foxytina_69
Sep 8th, 2007, 02:38 AM
*hugs to zorbed* dont worry hon, you handled it very well and im sure you made the idiot feel very stupid when he didnt get a response from you. people feel much more dumb if they dont get a response, since that is what they are trying to get in the first place!

emzy1985
Sep 8th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I had a massive vegan argument the other day. Went a little something like this:

Colleague: So what's for lunch today Em?

ME: I've got mock turkey and lettuce sandwhich, a peach and a soya yoghurt.

Colleague: Why don't you just give it all up and get a burger from the canteen.

ME: I will always be vegan and it's not something I intend to change ever.

Colleague: Why don't you get a cheese and onion pasty like me then?

ME: I don't eat cheese. Cheese isn't vegan.

Colleague: Why don't you eat cheese/milk/eggs?

ME: Quick explanation

COLLEAGUE: But it doesn't hurt the animals!

ME: Quick explanation

COLLEAGUE: Spose you don't support animal testing either do you?

ME: Nope. I don't believe that we need animal testing to make safe and reliable medicine.

COLLEAGUE: What if you had kids? ARe you telling me you would let them die rather than give them animal tested medicine?

ME: I won't have children while modern medicine tests on animals to avoid that situation.

COLLEAGUE: But we need animal testing. All medical breakthroughs have been through testing on animals.

Now he had been interigating me for over an hour while I was on my lunch. I was getting stressed out mega style. I protest in Oxford ALOT and spend alot of time trying to educate people about animal testing...but then this:

COLLEAGUE: I think you are an extremist you know. I think you are freaks and don't know what you are on about.

ME: I think you are an ignorant fool who has not put forward one single logical or intelligent argument...which by the way you brought up not me. Do you know information, other than assumption about milk/egg/meat/fish production? No I didn't think so! Do you know anything about vivisection? No I didn't think so. Read up on it all and come back to me when you know what the hell you are on about. Conversation over! Now let me get on with what is left of my break!!!!!! :mad:

I know it was bad. The canteen was packed aswel but at least he now knows not to f**K with me and my damn moral choices!!!

BlackCats
Sep 8th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Emzy - he sounds totally irritating. :mad:
I hate it when people say stupid things about "kids dying" if we didn't have medical animal testing.:mad:

One thing I notice that shuts meateaters up is asking them if they still breastfeed from their mothers at their age? Then when they say no comparing it to them drinking cow's breastmilk.

No one ever really has an answer for it. They usually just get a blank, confused look on their face.:p

emzy1985
Sep 9th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I'm pretty sure this arsehole would say something like, "but cows need to be milked!" Then I'd have to repeat the whole why dairy is bad thing.
Grr why can't people just know everything we know and all be vegan - dreams of perfect world :p

ClawsyWP
Sep 28th, 2007, 03:33 PM
yesterday i had a discussion about veganism with a so called spiritual person. the usual BS about plants have feelings too was said, so i replied that we kill less plants and animals if we eat vegan.

So then came the reply, "well animals agreed to their life before they were born, therefore its ok to eat them."

WHAT THE F**K? I didnt reply, some people come up with the most pathetic reasons.

i used to drink and do drugs alot and now i know why, its because this world is utter shit most of the time. there are crumbs of goodness but mostly it is full of despair and pain and idiot cruel closed minded morons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i edited this, i saw a pet shop today and it was horrible. :( :( :( :( :(

HappyVegan
Sep 28th, 2007, 07:46 PM
So then came the reply, "well animals agreed to their life before they were born, therefore its ok to eat them."

Hmm, I've never heard the reincarnation version of "god put animals here for us to eat" lol.

Hemlock
Sep 28th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I had a patient in today - she said her niece is marrying a vegan and her neice has decided to go vegan to support her new husband. I said that's nice I'm a vegan too.
Knowing I am a vegan she went on to say how they invited her round for a meal and she said it was, "awful, tasteless food just like sawdust" and spent the rest of the session going on about how dreadful vegan food is.
How rude :mad:

emmapresley
Sep 28th, 2007, 08:14 PM
:mad: ^ dang fool wench (as they say)

reminds me of when my new boss looked at my lunch and said it looked like baby shit. almost everytime we have lunch together she talks on about some piece of meat that was 'beeeyooodiful', or corned beef...or sliced up seared death on a plate.

it gets reeeeally boring after a while..

untitled
Sep 28th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I had a patient in today - she said her niece is marrying a vegan and her neice has decided to go vegan to support her new husband. I said that's nice I'm a vegan too.
Knowing I am a vegan she went on to say how they invited her round for a meal and she said it was, "awful, tasteless food just like sawdust" and spent the rest of the session going on about how dreadful vegan food is.
How rude :mad:
And for some strange reason, she could never get another appointment again... hehe.

Depending on who I am speaking to, I either say I'm vegan and gluten-free or, which is partly true, that I am allergic. I am indeed allergic to gluten and casein, but I just say that I'm allergic to all animal derived products. Even with the allergy argument, people still find you "difficult" or a picky eater. I had a guy tell me once that only spoiled people have allergies... really.

Pilaf
Sep 29th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I was having an argument completely unrelated to veganism with a woman at work the other day, and out of nowhere she blind sides me with "Well at least I'm not afraid a hamburger's gonna kill me."

I simply stated that it's not fear which motivates me in that regard.

RubyDuby
Sep 30th, 2007, 12:18 AM
"Well at least I'm not afraid a hamburger's gonna kill me."

what???? :confused:

BlackCats
Sep 30th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I know Clawsy, it is horrible, I shut my mind to it most times.:(

In church just now, the priest was talking about raising money for Cafod and said the speech about giving a man a fish he can eat for one day but teach him how to fish and he can have food forever.:mad:

Also (sorry to my friend who is so sweet) but she asked me if the veggie burgers were okay for me to eat?
She said "I checked and they have no milk, egg or soya in them."

Soya? ha ha - what animal does soya come from?:p

emzy1985
Oct 1st, 2007, 06:41 AM
Well in all techinicalities a hamburger could kill you lol