PDA

View Full Version : Things meat eaters say and do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123

emzy1985
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Tell your omni housemate that you hate vegetables which is why you like to contribute to murdering, torturing and eating them every single day. :cool:

I mean really!!!! :amazed_ani:

RubyDuby
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
u can justify anything if u try hard enough... i say that a lot cuz it's true.

emzy1985
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
u can justify anything if u try hard enough... i say that a lot cuz it's true.
Well Hitler managed to justify killing 6 million Jews ( and blacks, homos and disabled people) didn't he? So pretty much anything is possible! :mad:

sugarmouse
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
:mad:I forgotten who to credit it to but I particularly like the usage of 'Ok, well I agree to watch a strawberry harvest or carrot picking, if you go and watch cows been slaughterd or fish being caught in their masses and suffocating to death before being gutted..Theyre obviously so ****Ing similar:mad::mad:

emzy1985
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
:mad:I forgotten who to credit it to but I particularly like the usage of 'Ok, well I agree to watch a strawberry harvest or carrot picking, if you go and watch cows been slaughterd or fish being caught in their masses and suffocating to death before being gutted..Theyre obviously so ****Ing similar:mad::mad:

That was something on the "witty vegan comebacks" thread! Nice one and all!

RubyDuby
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
i think it was amf?

eta: i'm still a big user of the nervous system argument (regardless of the oyster argument or whatever it was).

VeganDaze
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
grrrrrrrrr
just went to the shop with my mum. She picks up a pack of cakes, Mr Kipling. Says me 'hmm, these aren't made with free range eggs'..... says mother 'Well I fancy them so I'm having them'. Silence from me - I can't even say anything to that or I would get in trouble. It would be ME that was being argumentative and unreasonable. I just wanna say 'well you are just as much of a skank as the pikeys picking up their tesco value eggs! She eats meat etc anyway, but it's so stupid when people make a point of saying 'well I buy free range' and then doing something like this!

It's so annoying spending time with morally defunct people. I want to move to a monastery in the Himalayas or something. Rant over.

emzy1985
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I want to move to a monastery in the Himalayas or something. .

It just so happens I have one of those in my back garden :D

Marrers
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I noticed in a advert recently that M&S only use free range eggs in all their products - I bet they make a version of the cake she was buying so maybe you could suggest she shops there in future VeganDaze?

VeganDaze
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:27 PM
It just so happens I have one of those in my back garden :D

When can I move in? :p

I noticed in a advert recently that M&S only use free range eggs in all their products - I bet they make a version of the cake she was buying so maybe you could suggest she shops there in future VeganDaze?

Yeah they probably do..... I can't even be arsed to say anything though. We were in the co-op, she could easily have looked for a different cake to buy! Although she doesn't have a go at me for being vegan, she does get arsey sometimes. I think it's that thing where people don't like the fact that they know you think they are doing something wrong. I got the silent treatment just for mentioning the free range thing! Easier not to say anything really :(

Marrers
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM
She eats meat etc anyway, but it's so stupid when people make a point of saying 'well I buy free range' and then doing something like this!

Oh I must have misunderstood, I thought you meant she made a point of buying free-range eggs but didn't think about eggs in other products. In that case you would simply be helping her and her conscience by pointing out the M&S policy!

VeganDaze
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:49 PM
You're right, she does normally buy free-range eggs. This is why I pointed out that Mr Kipling isn't free-range. And this is why it is sooooo annoying that she would basically say 'I don't care, I'm buying it anyway'. So now I can't bring up the M&S thing.

Hidden eggs are different apparently!!

Marrers
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:59 PM
You know your mum best but in my view you could still bring it up or better still just buy her the M&S equivalent as a 'surprise treat'. You know she is aware and wanting to do the right thing but maybe she draws the line at 'depriving herself' and giving up cake (understandable perhaps, not everyone feels as strongly about things - some are prepared to make changes or substitutions but only if they are easy, they may not be willing to give anything up). So if she knew she could have cake AND still use only free range she might be delighted! In any case you could use this as the reason for mentioning it if she gets annoyed, say you thought she'd be pleased and were only thinking of her.

VeganDaze
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM
It is a good idea. The problem is that she is aware of all the alternatives that are available, because of me being around, yet still chooses crap stuff like that. I normally don't comment on the shopping habits of others, to avoid confrontation, but I'm feeling so annoyed today!

I am cheered up now because I just saw a baby rabbit in my garden :D SO CUTE
But I just heard someone comment on how 'tender' it would be, ugh

chickpea_chica
Apr 25th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I'm so glad other people have heard the 'plant suffering' argument! Argh!

I'm sure your mum would love to know she can "have her cake and eat it"? harhar

VeganDaze
Apr 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
heh heh..... she's been too busy eating SQUID to waste time on eggs this evening.
Now I feel mean.....she bought me a present today, maybe as a peace offering for our non-speaking yesterday.

And I made vegan chocolate tiffin, so no non-free range eggs were eaten at dinner!

sugarmouse
Apr 27th, 2008, 09:45 PM
(On another forum regards vegetarianism/veganism)
I'm not veggie, I likes my meat.
Its all part of the food chain innit....you cant mess with evolution.

I do care about what I buy, and would like to think that the meat I buy has been fairly treated.

I just eat a couliflower cheese grill thingy of my daughters and it was nice, but I couldn't substiute it for a bit of pork or beef. '

I obviously have thought about what to say, somethin along lines of how evolution is messed with constantly by us ****ing humans,but I want give best reply possible..Can anyone assist:)

Roxy
Apr 27th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I'm just sick to death of the people who work in the meat department at my work. When there's some kind of left over, or close to expiring body parts, they cook them up and hand them round to the staff to eat. Last week I had to put up with the smell of ground up cooked cow flesh and pieces of cooked pigs ribs being eaten in the area where I have to work. I wanted to vomit.

heat13
Apr 27th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Mogthecat - You know, I've had similar experiences with insects, arachnids, and "rodents" since going vegan. I used to freak out (and with cockroaches, the freak out would occasionally be so severe that I'd regurgitate), but now I can look at them, with only the faintest surprise to their presence, and capture them for release into greener places. Even roaches! Is this common, or is it just us?

I feel the same way! I use to not like bugs at all, but now I save them all and put them outside.

RubyDuby
Apr 28th, 2008, 12:42 AM

I do care about what I buy, and would like to think that the meat I buy has been fairly treated.

I just eat a couliflower cheese grill thingy of my daughters and it was nice, but I couldn't substiute it for a bit of pork or beef. '

I obviously have thought about what to say, somethin along lines of how evolution is messed with constantly by us ****ing humans,but I want give best reply possible..Can anyone assist:)
yeah, breeding the animals and stuffing them together so they have to hurt each other to eat or drink, resulting in them being shot up with anti-biotics so the wounds don't kill them... that's really how the food chain works in nature right? I see owls breeding mice in little boxes all the time. :rolleyes:

well as long as you believe the animals you eat are treated ok, well then whats the point of trying to learn the truth. ignorance is bliss afterall.

why would you try to substitute a dead body in your meal? you were taught to enjoy eating dead flesh from the time u were little, but now u have the ability to think.
---------------------------------
I can't talk to real people about being vegan anymore. I can feel my blood pressure rising and I have to stop or make myself loose it and make myself and the rest of us look bad.

I told a co-worker their burrito looked good. She replied, what would you put in yours? lettuce?
I started listing beans, potatoes, veggies, rice...
but she interupted with a loud annoying (meant to be funny) LETTUCE!
so annoying.

then I was talking about 'why vegan' to a guy I work with and he kept saying, 'but as humans we have the right to make the choice to eat meat.'
yeah, ok?
so i said if he really knew what he was supporting he wouldn't really want to anymore... and he said he did know.
ok... and I work with animal lovers. :rolleyes:

emzy1985
Apr 28th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Sugamouse:

I likes me veggies innit blud cuz like it's all part of the food chain to eat veggies innit? Natural and shit. I knows lots about evolution...well the parts where I wasn't off smoking a fag...cuz science is all breeze gwan!

I tried eating animals for 20 years ya know yeh so it could never replace me love for da veggies. Don't chat breeze to me or I'll have to shank this ere carrot.

Uneducated, ignorant fool springs to mind!

heat13
Apr 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM

Be sure to include how *natural* it is for humans to kill animals with machines and weapons since our fingernails are short and blunt, and our teeth are dull. And cooking it up and seasoning the meat is so *natural*. I always love it when people try to use the food chain argument, because it makes no sense if you acutally think about it! Could you just imagine a human chasing down a cow and trying to kill it bear-handed?!? And then eating it raw as "nature intended"... And explain to them how our bodies are not made to digest the meat in the first place.

BlackCats
Apr 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
[quote=RubyDuby;451438I told a co-worker their burrito looked good. She replied, what would you put in yours? lettuce?
I started listing beans, potatoes, veggies, rice...
but she interupted with a loud annoying (meant to be funny) LETTUCE!
so annoying.
[/quote]

I can't believe how irritating some people are.:mad:

heat13
Apr 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
It's silly! One girl I was talking to last week, said "Oh I don't think I could ever give up protein." I was speechless haha!

BlackCats
Apr 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM
That is so ridiculous heat13.:rolleyes: I like your signature btw.:)