PDA

View Full Version : Things meat eaters say and do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123

Buddha Belly
Oct 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
This brings up an interesting moral question.

Is drinking someone elses recycled pee in space being vegan? :D

bradders
Oct 20th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I got asked "can you drink that lactos free milk?"
er no, it's still milk from an animal the same as normal milk is
"but when it's lactose free milk it isn't anymore is it?
er yeh it is.
dumbasses

bradders
Oct 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM
well if you drink public water then you're ok drinking recycled pee

maidenofthewell
Oct 20th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I was asked once "would you eat an animal if it died of natural causes?"
I think I replied "would you?"
Oh and I was at a family thing once where there was a buffet and brought my own food, and my mum was saying to some older relative I was vegan which was why I bought my own, and she was telling him I didnt eat meat, dairy, eggs etc. and he replied "Theres some bacon quiche, she can have that cant she?" ???

Hemlock
Oct 20th, 2008, 09:06 PM
My flatmate's latest one: "Can you go into space? Because you're a vegan..." (implying that vegans for some reason are unreasonably affected by gravity?).

Actually according to my bathroom scales I do seem to be unreasonably affected by gravity - there can be no other explanation :D

starlight
Oct 20th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I was asked once "would you eat an animal if it died of natural causes?"
I think I replied "would you?"
Oh and I was at a family thing once where there was a buffet and brought my own food, and my mum was saying to some older relative I was vegan which was why I bought my own, and she was telling him I didnt eat meat, dairy, eggs etc. and he replied "Theres some bacon quiche, she can have that cant she?" ???

Hmm yes. One christmas party about 20 years ago when I was veggie I remember my grandma asking my mum ...

"surely he can have a thin piece of ham, can't he?".

Bless.

starlight
Oct 20th, 2008, 10:27 PM
My flatmate's latest one: "Can you go into space? Because you're a vegan..." (implying that vegans for some reason are unreasonably affected by gravity?). She followed this up with "because they recycle their pee."

omfg that is hilarious !

Can you please post your housemate to me so I can prod her and make sure she's real. Otherwise it's hard to credit such people actually walk on this earth.

starlight
Oct 21st, 2008, 10:52 PM
My flatmate's latest one: "Can you go into space? Because you're a vegan..."

Perhaps this is a comment about the amount of pulses in a vegan diet?

Metal Maniac
Oct 21st, 2008, 11:03 PM
I was asked today by my boss if i wanted cheese on my Veggie Burger..he know's i don't eat cheese..he asks me every month...and when i say no then he shakes his head in disgust!

Very ignorant! :(

.....but a great boss!!! :)

emzy1985
Oct 22nd, 2008, 05:34 AM
The man thing and I:

Man Thing: I get the whole no meat thing, but no milk and eggs? They don't kill the animals. They let them die off!

Me: Don't be stupid! Ofcourse they kill them, after all the pain and misery of their short lives.

Man Thing: Prove it! (Yes he is one of those!)

I showed him meet you meat. Poor sod came out crying and a vegetarian! :D (Number 9 veg and maybe number 6 vegan if I can convince him eggs are bad too.)

Another stupid question from some dude at work:

"So if a rabbit fell out of the sky and died would you eat it?"

He was then really shocked and dismayed when I took a handful of his ready salted crisps. "Yes you eat vegan food too!"

fiamma
Oct 22nd, 2008, 08:52 AM
"can you not just be a vegetarian?"

'have a bit of fish and some cheese no one will have to know'

LoL

BlackCats
Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Another stupid question from some dude at work: "So if a rabbit fell out of the sky and died would you eat it?"

(That actually happened to a vegan friend of mine. She was in two minds whether or not to eat it.:rolleyes::D)

I actually thought for about one second that lactose free milk would be okay for vegans then I just realised it was actually cow's milk still.:o

bradders
Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
with lactose free milk, sure it's not gonna make you ill like regular milk but yeh it's cows milk and still wrong.

horselesspaul
Oct 22nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
Another stupid question from some dude at work:

"So if a rabbit fell out of the sky and died would you eat it?"

No, I'd distribute as many mattresses around the area as possible on the off chance it was raining rabbits. Numpty.

Buddha Belly
Oct 22nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
This is from today....
a work mate got a free calender of young animals (calf, lambs, chicks and piglets) he was cooing over them and saying how cute. I did point out they were not so cute when he shovels them down his face. He is part of cambridge transition town (don't start me on them!) and is supposed to be very enviromental and advising others on how to save the planet. he said humans in the UK will only be able to eat animals in special occassions to coserve land for arable use. when i asked why eat animals at all he said that they are there to be eaten and if not eaten they would all die out. I almost went ballistic at him,
instead i imagined him dying of a meat induced heart attack at 40:D

DarmokTheGreen
Oct 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
He was then really shocked and dismayed when I took a handful of his ready salted crisps. "Yes you eat vegan food too!"

Did he suddenly decide he didn't like ready salted crisps? :)

emzy1985
Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Did he suddenly decide he didn't like ready salted crisps? :)

I haven't seen him with any type of crisp since, no! :rolleyes::D

puffin
Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
This tread just cheered me up :D
Love the rabbit and the pee question.
I was asked if i could eat fish by a teacher :satisfied: I just laughed and yet again explained what being a vegan was as quickly as i could so we could change the subject.

Marjorie Dawes
Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
People in the pub I work in keep asking me, "So, are you still on that vegan diet then?", as if to say it's some kind of a fad think that's I've been trying out for a couple of days!

WTF???

Corum
Oct 23rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Worst thing I've ever been asked wasn't by an Omni, but by someone ... see the frankfurt thread!

"Can you eat Bananas?"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!! :rolleyes::D

Forgot to mention, I took cakes into work yesterday - all vegan!! Mrs Crimbles Stem Ginger Cake was the highlight (took two of those in) plus a load of stuff from Morrisons' free from range (I checked and they were all def. vegan) and didn't tell a soul what they were (apart from one person!). They were all gone in about half an hour! :D

M4L
Oct 27th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I was about to go vegan and I asked one of my teachers if I just needed my parents to call up and say I couldn't wear the leather shoes and one of my friends asked 'won't you need a doctors note?' Ahhh nope, it's not a disease love.!! :confused:

and When I'm at the supermarket, about to buy some food my friends ask me if I can eat it? No I can't. I'm going to buy it and then put it in the rubbish bin.:dizzy: Jeez!

The most annoying question though, which really gets me fired up is when I tell people I'm veg and they ask if I eat fish. EERRRGH!:mad:

Healthy
Oct 27th, 2008, 01:13 PM
The one that always kills me --- if someone makes a soup, I ask if it's water-based or did they use chicken broth.

THE ANSWER: "Chicken broth. But only a little."

"Only a little" ... that just slays me!

bradders
Oct 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM
it really does, that sort of thing happens all the time, like we use isinglas in our beer but we filter it out. forget thing the part where they actually used the stuff, eugh how annowing they can be sometimes

emzy1985
Oct 27th, 2008, 06:21 PM
The one that always kills me --- if someone makes a soup, I ask if it's water-based or did they use chicken broth.

THE ANSWER: "Chicken broth. But only a little."

"Only a little" ... that just slays me!

I must admit I haven't had that one in a while. I do remember having a conversation with people on here about how we theoretically dropped a guys a sandwhich and there was just a little dog poo on it....or something along those lines! :lol:

Shaolin Jedi
Oct 27th, 2008, 06:48 PM
People in the pub I work in keep asking me, "So, are you still on that vegan diet then?", as if to say it's some kind of a fad think that's I've been trying out for a couple of days!

Lol I got the same comment from my GP today, Marjorie.