PDA

View Full Version : tax breaks for shooting animals!

Peas'nHominy
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:00 AM
PLEASE sign this petition to help stop tax breaks for shooting animals in fenced enclosures! Sign and see more about it here: http://go.care2.com/e/iPj/Fk/lT5I

Tigerlily
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Signed.

I always use fake info for this stuff. :o Is that bad?

Peas'nHominy
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:30 AM
...I have no idea. I wonder if such things are varified, or if they have some way of making sure each signature is real. ??

(Thanks for signing :D)

Mr Flibble
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Generally speaking companies/organisations who receive petitions will randomly select names and check if they exist. If they don't then it brings into question how accurate the whole thing is. Certainly using fake info you're not doing the cause any favours at all, because you're doing nothing for it that the creator could not have done themselves.

I'm personally highly sceptical as to the credibility of online petitions and how seriously they're taken given the fact that it's a simple task (20 lines of code maybe?) to write a program to automatically sign such a one thousands of times using randomly generated names from a word list. At least with a traditional one they can see lots of different handwrittings, but with an online one, unless every signer is verified (e.g. each person has to agree to having 1$ withdrawn from a bank account) there's no such test.

Tigerlily
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I agree, I just sign them anyway.

It would be "better" if they incouraged people to get people to start a real petition in their town or city and mail it in to the offending company, government official, etc.

Pilaf
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I always use my real name and info, to lend credibility.