PDA

View Full Version : I got a vegan care package!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Roxy
Feb 15th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Hmmmm well let's see. I have swapped with my vegan buddy twice now and I received many, many different items including but not limited to lol:

Christmas Pudding
Vegan Cream
All different types of Vegan Chocolates
Cookies
Vegan Jelly
Vegan Energy/Health Food Bars
Couscous
Many different types of tea
Vegan Parmazzano

We are hoping to do another swap for later on this year lol - and we both are already planning what to put in the next package. :D

Seaside
Jun 1st, 2005, 05:02 AM
This sounds like fun! Is anyone interested in exchanging care packages?

Mystic
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
My advice is don't do it. I sent two packages to people and never recieved mine :( .

ConsciousCuisine
Jun 1st, 2005, 09:50 AM
You still never received yours? I didn't either! :( I can send another or give you a package when you come to the states, Banana :)

I also never received one from one of the people I did the Christmas exchange with; that person no longer posts here and I have attempted to met up with her about it online, to no avail.

That being said, I successfully exchanged with Artichoke (lovely!) and Gertvegan(brilliant!) :)

Artichoke47
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:38 AM
I received an awesome gift from ConsciousCuisine but never from the person who I was supposed to exchange with.

Mystic
Jun 1st, 2005, 11:10 AM
You still never received yours? I didn't either! :( I can send another or give you a package when you come to the states, Banana :)

No that is Ok -- you probably spent heaps of money anyway. I know I did :( - Sarah got her package from me, but I didn't get it from her. The postal service is terrible :mad: What was in it, by the way :p

I also never received one from one of the people I did the Christmas exchange with; that person no longer posts here and I have attempted to met up with her about it online, to no avail.

That isn't fair :mad:

That being said, I successfully exchanged with Artichoke (lovely!) and Gertvegan(brilliant!) :)

Well I am glad others have had good experiences with it ;)

Gorilla
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:24 PM
sorry to hear you've had a bad experience Banana. Roxy and i have successfully swapped packages twice. :) i would advise people sending packages to get them insured if that's available at their post office, because then if the packages get lost you can claim back the money you spent on them (at least you can if you post in the UK anyway).

feline01
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:12 PM
cedarblue sent me something recently and I never received it :( but we had previously exchanged packages and it was great. Me and boomer are now doing our 2nd exchange and I just got a great cookbook from PinkFluffyCloud :D .

ConsciousCuisine
Jun 5th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I received an awesome gift from ConsciousCuisine but never from the person who I was supposed to exchange with.

I have a feeling that prson was the same one who never responded to my attempts to find out what happened to the package I was supposed to get from them as well :(

ConsciousCuisine
Jun 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM
No that is Ok -- you probably spent heaps of money anyway. I know I did. The postal service is terrible :mad: What was in it, by the way :p

Do you really want to know what was in it? It's quite a list... :)

Seaside
Jun 12th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I got a care package from spo! It contained food for the mind rather than the tummy, plus a few extra surprises. Thank you, spo! :)

spo
Jun 13th, 2005, 08:59 AM
:)You are very welcome, my friend. I always love "food for the mind" - it does a vegan's body good!! :D :D
spo

Mystic
Jun 13th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Do you really want to know what was in it? It's quite a list... :)

YES :D - I love to torture myself LOL

This is some of what was in yours (that I can remember)

Most of it was organic:

- lemon polenta porridge
- hot date chutney
- pasta sauce (I forget which flavour - Basil & garlic, arrabiatta or fungi)
- popcorn
- tangerine soychocolate
- organic macadamia nut butter w/ davidson plum swirl (I think)
- some sort of organic specialty jams
- mungbean chips

that is all I can remember right now.

cedarblue
Jun 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
just received the most wonderful package from luvvery seaside ;)

vegan mallow
dried cranberries
choccie
soup
cookies
jerky
lip balm
seasoning
salsa
jam
tortilla chips

mmmmmm....wonderful, thanks seaside :D

*sings; oh we do like to be beside the seaside, oh we do like to be beside the sea...de dum de dum*

Seaside
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Thank you cedarblue! I have never had Tartex before. The lemon zest cookies are the best! If we could exchange vegan care packages with omnis, I am sure we would win converts. I just wouldn't want to eat what they send in return. :rolleyes: :p

kriz
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:36 AM
You're back, seaside! Welcome! :)

Seaside
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Thank you, kriz. It's good to be back. I got moved three weeks ago, after a year of asking the harbormaster to move the boat, so I guess having to wait three weeks for the phone box to get moved too isn't so bad! :rolleyes:

ehkarnes
Jul 29th, 2005, 11:16 PM
my mother sent me a care package at school and all it had in it was slim jims, beef jerkey, and beef flavored ramin with a note that read "you over that phase yet" - how sweet

Gliondrach
Jul 30th, 2005, 12:06 AM
I'm willing to exchange packages. Anyone want to send me some chocolates in exchange for a box of mashed potatoe sandwiches?

Seaside
Jul 30th, 2005, 07:12 AM
How tempting! Will you do the mashing yourself, or leave it up to the shippers to mash them in transit?

miss_laura
Jul 30th, 2005, 09:40 AM
What's beef jerkey? And doesn't it contain beef?

Come to think of it, what's a slim jim?

Gliondrach
Jul 30th, 2005, 11:46 AM
How tempting! Will you do the mashing yourself, or leave it up to the shippers to mash them in transit?

Actually, I'm withdrawing the offer. I like those sandwiches too much.

Gliondrach
Jul 30th, 2005, 11:47 AM
What's beef jerkey? And doesn't it contain beef?

Come to think of it, what's a slim jim?

I think that beef jerkey is dried strips of beef.

A slim jim sounds like that tool used by car thieves to open car doors.

Seaside
Jul 30th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Beef jerky is dried strips of beef, and slim jims are highly processed stick-shaped meat snacks. Neither need refrigeration.

We get tasty vegan versions of these things over here, but I'm not willing to share unless I can have some of those mashed-potato sandwiches.

Mystic
Jul 31st, 2005, 12:39 PM
Do the mashed potato sandwiches have ketchup? Coz that would be double delish!!!!!!!!!!!