PDA

View Full Version : I got a vegan care package!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

l337_v3g4n_1
Jul 31st, 2005, 01:51 PM
hmm... some of those vegan care packs seem really nice. *thinking of previus really yummy care pack sent by cedarblue* when I get back from America, anyone want to do a care pack with me? Ive got some really yum icelandic stuff!

Gliondrach
Jul 31st, 2005, 02:18 PM
Banana and Seaside, you can't have any mashed potato sandwiches because I've decided to scoff them all myself. I can, however, sell you a copy of my new book: '100 Things To Do With Mashed Potatoes'. It is a bargain at just 19.99.

Those beef jerky (vegan version ) things might be on sale here. I've seen various things that look like slices of ham that are described as mock turkey and mock ham. Don't fancy them, myself.

Seaside
Jul 31st, 2005, 07:05 PM
:mad:

strawberry
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:47 PM
Hi All! Ok, I want to swap a care package so bad :)
I'm living in NYC and they have great vegan markets and wonderful treats in them! Some of the food I hear about from the UK and Australia sounds so good. Let me know if someone wants to, private message and I'll get on my hunt for yummy vegan goodies! It sounds so fun :p

ehkarnes
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:10 PM
if anyone wants to send themselves a care package, heres how...
a couple of friends of mine started up a bakery not too long ago and they are just now building up. its called the TOTALLY VEGAN BAKERY If your throwin a party or anything they encourage big orders! they make really great baked goods and i am getting my b-day cake from them - i recomend the chocolate cookies. anyway check them out. If you live in the area you can pick it up or if you dont they will send it too you - so help them out its for a good cause! http://www.totallyveganbakery.com/index.htm

Sweets
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:46 PM
Hi All! Ok, I want to swap a care package so bad :)
I'm living in NYC and they have great vegan markets and wonderful treats in them! Some of the food I hear about from the UK and Australia sounds so good. Let me know if someone wants to, private message and I'll get on my hunt for yummy vegan goodies! It sounds so fun :p

NYC has the best vegan goodies!! i always have the most delicious time when i go!

mophoto
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:45 AM
i would love to do a swap. i hear these wonderful things about vegimite and m-something-mite. everyone here in the usa says they taste like crap but no one has ever had them!!
it would be quite fun, who doesn't like getting mail, especially if you can eat it. i usually just get bills and they don't taste that good:)

i made a lovely care package for my cousin serving in iraq- it had no vegan products (before i went vegan) and a copy of maxim mag. (i figured that was what army dudes read- or maybe he could trade it for something, like in prison) his girlfriend was pissed.

i would require a hand made gift in my swap, as i would make some piece of junk art work in return:D

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 20th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Some of us have swapped care packages (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705) before. I exchanged with cedarblue, and it was tasty and fun! Some folks have had trouble with the post, though, I guess.

Not just trouble with the post! I had an experience where a person acted in a shady manner :mad:

I exchanged with 4 people...three of them got everything and it was delightful...one never got mine and I never got hers... :( and then another got mine but I didn't get his and so he sent another (it was lovely).

One of the people I sent an expensive family package to (for her *and* her daughter) received it and said she sent a package to me in return (after multiple "delays"), but it never came and then she gave me a bogus tracking number and stopped posting here altogether :( so you be the judge as to what really happened here.

That being said, I love exchanging with honest people and won't hesitate to do so with people who have been active, long-term members (and will insure all packages as well!).

Mystic
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:05 AM
awww, Banana! take a chance in me :D I understand your worry about the postage stuff. When my b/f lived in France I always used to send him packages and sent them priority. Priority is key. While it costs more, he always got everything within a week.
I would love to trade, if your ever up for it. ;)

OK I will think about it - my boyfriend will kill me though coz of last time (I spent like $400 :eek: Will it have alternative baking company double chocolate cookies in it??? :D I promise I will think about it....

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:12 AM
:eek: You spent $400.00??? Who else did you swap with???

Just get the package insured this time; that's what I am going to do...that and only swap with others who have successfully swapped or have credibility on this site, due to the one very shady thing that happened with a person I was to exchange with (I comment on it in the "I got a vegan care package" thread, something separate from our mutual postal mishap, Banana :) ).

Mystic
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:14 AM
I swapped with LyricSarah too - but I know she wasn't phony - and I know you weren't referring to me either :p

strawberry
Oct 21st, 2005, 02:13 AM
Yes def alternative baking cookies! esp. peanut butter & chocolate chip! mmmmm and newman O's of course :p

Tigerlily
Oct 21st, 2005, 02:52 AM
This sounds super fun but I don't think my mother would like the idea very much.

Can teabags be mailed to the US?

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 21st, 2005, 02:54 AM
I can understand why a mother would be concerned :)

If you exchange with someone, be sure to request that they send you all pre-packaged edibles and your mom can check to be sure the seal is still intact :)

mophoto
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:02 AM
Not just trouble with the post! I had an experience where a person acted in a shady manner :mad:

One of the people I sent an expensive family package to (for her *and* her daughter) received it and said she sent a package to me in return (after multiple "delays"), but it never came and then she gave me a bogus tracking number and stopped posting here altogether :( so you be the judge as to what really happened here.

hmm.. was this person from the usa? if it's the same person i am thinking of, she (they) seemed rather shady, even on the forum

mophoto
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:05 AM
someone found me to do a swap to the uk! so exicted to do some vegan shopping for someone else, besides myself. i have many ideas.:) :)

Artichoke47
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:06 AM
I wonder if CC and I had a similar experience with the SAME, exact person. :(

Oh, well. I did get a lovely gift from CC, and I hope she liked mine!

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:26 AM
Yep, you got it! Same person.

I LOVED your gift, as did my family!

This book was especially beautiful:

The Peace to All Beings: Veggie Soup for the Chicken's Soul
Judy Carman
Lantern Books 07/03 Paperback $14.00
ISBN 1590560051

And the package was full of thoughtful, high-quality vegan/organic products!

Tigerlily
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:53 AM
Who was this person? The nosey wart in me wants to know!

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 21st, 2005, 05:00 AM

Vernicious Knid
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:00 AM
Would anyone be interested in doing a swap with someone in the Maritimes??
Pls let me know. You don't even have to be living somewhere exotic,
Why heck, I'll send a package to someone living a couple provinces over.
I love getting stuff in the mail. Especially when they ring your doorbell and hand you the package because its so special.

Seaside
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:14 AM

I exchanged with 4 people...three of them got everything and it was delightful...one never got mine and I never got hers... :( and then another got mine but I didn't get his and so he sent another (it was lovely).

That being said, I love exchanging with honest people and won't hesitate to do so with people who have been active, long-term members (and will insure all packages as well!).
That's a shame, CC. :(

I would be happy to exchange again. Cedarblue is my reference! :) Just send a PM.

Wishin986
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:19 AM
Would anyone be interested in doing a swap with someone in the Maritimes??
Pls let me know. You don't even have to be living somewhere exotic,
Why heck, I'll send a package to someone living a couple provinces over.
I love getting stuff in the mail. Especially when they ring your doorbell and hand you the package because its so special.

I so would swap with you! :D

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 21st, 2005, 07:33 AM

cedarblue
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:48 AM
i have done a couple of successful, wonderful package swaps...pm me, anyone out of the uk, who would like to do one.... :)