PDA

View Full Version : I got a vegan care package!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

itofu
Nov 21st, 2006, 01:26 PM
this thread needs to come back to life.

i want to exchange care packages!

fiamma
Nov 28th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I'd love to swap with someone from the UK, my only concern is that our range of stuff is limited here and the recipient of my package might get disappointed :(

inkedmiss
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:46 AM
What a great thread. I am very new to the board, but would love to do this too if anyone is interested.

puffin
Nov 29th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Fiamma i would happily swop with you after christmas if you would like that.

itofu
Nov 29th, 2006, 10:39 PM
anyone wanna care package from the city of angels?

fiamma
Nov 29th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Will there be any angels in that?

itofu
Nov 29th, 2006, 10:46 PM
well i could wrap myself up in the package but i think customs would notice...

emmapresley
Dec 8th, 2006, 11:21 PM
I'm in if the swopping thing is still ongoing :D

Orange-powered
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I'd be up for it!

RachelJune
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Me too! :D

vegcurry
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:58 PM
count me in

yum
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:53 AM
anybody want to swop care package with me. I'm from the uk. Someone from the u.s would be great- it would be interesting to see what vegan food they have in other countries.
stephanie
xx

cedarblue
Mar 1st, 2007, 07:58 AM
fiamma and i just did a package swap!

its great fun and you get to taste some great food you may not see in your own country!

just maybe, pm someone you are paticularly friendly with and suggest it or maybe ask for someone from a particular country to swap in this thread and see who responds!

we set the marker at about 10-12 items in the box - but remember the weight when taking the postage into account.
if you go over 2kg the prices rockets!! - my postage to italy cost almost twice the cost of the food as my box was 3 kg....

get swapping folks!! :)

fiamma
Mar 1st, 2007, 09:29 AM
It was great fun, and I think I've put on a few pounds :cool:

The postage is a killer though like you say cedar, so watch out for that anyone who's planning a swap.

twinkle
Mar 1st, 2007, 11:51 AM
surface mail is always a lot cheaper - it might be worth doing a "non perishable items, slow delivery" swap...

fiamma
Mar 1st, 2007, 12:25 PM
:eek: Oh no, I think the suspense would be worse than the hefty postage! :D

cedarblue
Mar 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM
i couldn't stand the wait!!:D

i sent a vegan parcel to the states and the postage was cheaper than to italy now! its definitely the weight thing...

LuC
Mar 1st, 2007, 01:07 PM
We did a package swap for Valentine's Day on another forum that I frequent. It was great fun! It was centrally organized by one of the members. You chose how many packages you wanted to swap. That member would randomly choose the members you would swap with. There was a $10 limit. It worked really well. What was also great was that most things were hand made.

It is a suggestion.

pavotrouge
Mar 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
Sounds like a great thing...but I guess there's not much special vegan food in Germany anybody would like to swap ?_?

twinkle
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:55 PM
Hmm, well, given that ISSR Germany has more vegans than the UK I'm guessing there might be :)

I used to shop at an organic vegetarian wholefood grocery and much of the stuff was imported from Germany.

But a swap doesn't have to be food. Most of the swaps I've done have been mostly toiletries, handmade items and a few foody things thrown in (like one bag of chips or a couple of chocolate bars... )

pavotrouge
Mar 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM
Call me dumb, but what's ISSR?

Toiletries and homemade stuff sounds good, indeed... so, would anyone like to swap?

twinkle
Mar 1st, 2007, 09:44 PM
Call me dumb, but what's ISSR?

Oops! you're not dumb, I'm tired and a bad speller, it would seem. I meant to put ISTR = I seem to remember.

emmapresley
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:41 PM
hiya pavotrouge..i'm almost desperate to swop a care package!!!

pm me or do whatever people who swop care packages do?
what's the etiquette? stuff each person likes, cash limits, all that kind of thing?

i'm actually quite happy to receive whatever..i just like getting goodies through the post :)

Smoothie
Mar 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
i'm on a swap! with someone who can provide a vegan white chocolate bar:D i have never tasted that stuff!

emmapresley
Mar 28th, 2007, 08:05 PM
well..i totally enjoyed my care package swop with pavotrouge..from buying to packing up, posting to receiving!

would be most happy to do one again later in the year with anyone else who fancies a swop!! :)