PDA

View Full Version : I got a vegan care package!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

pavotrouge
Mar 30th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I second emmapresley... especially the thrill of "does the post make it" is great :rolleyes: :D

I'd love to swap again sometime later... probably the end of next month, so if anybody would like to, just scream :)

VeggieFrank
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:08 PM
AHHHHH! would love to, pavo. let me know when you are up for it. That goes for anyone else too, btw. i'm in the U.S.

I second emmapresley... especially the thrill of "does the post make it" is great :rolleyes: :D

I'd love to swap again sometime later... probably the end of next month, so if anybody would like to, just scream :)

Christina
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Id love to do this in september (my next student loan payment =D ) Im in the UK and would love some goodies from somewhere else. I love choccy, food and anything that smells like mint !! Would be willing to send to anywhere (except the UK, I think ive exhausted all the uk goodies.)

Anyone interested?

RubyDuby
Jan 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I'd love to try marmite or one of those type things if anybody is interested in a swap? also interested in twiggies (I think thats what they're called?) What do we have here that isn't available in the UK?

bryzee86
Jan 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
i'd be willing to send you some marmite (or marigold's brand yeats extract, 'cos marmite's made by unilever.)!

RubyDuby
Jan 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
awesome! anything strike your fancy from Los Angeles? (I dont think soy delicious would arrive so deliciously :p)

bryzee86
Jan 28th, 2008, 08:36 PM
to be honest we're going to nyc in under 2 months, so i was thinking on stocking up on anything which tickles my fancy then

RubyDuby
Jan 28th, 2008, 09:03 PM
yeah I thought about that. Perhaps somebody else would like to swap with me then? It sounds like fun to send new stuff to someone who can't get it!

pavotrouge
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:28 PM
my swap limit for the next month is exceeded by far. There's a vegan swap going on here http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/11203

If you can wait until Mid-March (after my exams), I'd love a swap, Ruby!

-> Sent my parcel to Stine today.

RubyDuby
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:29 PM
ok! If nobody is up for it til then I'm in! (or maybe I'll do it twice :))

pavotrouge
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I do it all the time as it's an excuse to buy fancy stuff I wouldn't buy for myself normally. Had so much fun compiling that parcel to Denmark this morning!

RubyDuby
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
what has your success rate been as far as them arriving?

pavotrouge
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:35 PM
all of them arrived. Though it has taken 4-6 weeks sending overseas quite often.

If anybody is up for it - not advertising, but I love the system- I'd be willing to host a vegan forum swap via swapbot. You can have not-public swaps with password protection there.
System is that everybody signs up and after the deadline date, partners are generated automatically.

RubyDuby
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I would be worried to do it with somebody who wasn't on here all the time... familiarity and trust u know. I'm just nervous bc I've never done it and a afraid to throw away money in case it didn't work out. Maybe after trying it once... :)

Roxy
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I've done it twice with the same person and both times, it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, I'm not in a financial position to swap right now (it can work out quite expensive), but I'd love to do it again.....maybe after I start my new job (if I get the new job, that is).

hiddenfromview
Feb 14th, 2008, 11:09 PM
wow... what a cool idea!!
if anyone can get me the following i'd be happy to do a swap :D
+ rice milk white chocolate
+ red star nutritional yeast
+ liquid smoke

i can get - authentic vegan haribos (sour tongues, cola bottles, mega sour mix), flying saucers, coconut ice bars, fudge, chocolate buttons, chocolate rice crackle bars, ready made custard, chocolate tangerine bars...yes, all vegan!!

cedarblue
Feb 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
i'm in the moods to swapsies, anyone out of the uk fancy the idea? pm me :)

ALexiconofLove
Feb 23rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
I'd love to swap. I can get most of the vegan stuff available in the US (I think!).

Here are some things I know I can get: Nutritional yeast, a variety of weird extracts (raspberry, chocolate, coffee, etc.), shelf-stable vegan marshmallow creme, Luna and Clif bars, Cherrybrook kitchen mixes (brownies, cakes, pancakes, etc.), various protein powders (rice, vegetable, hemp, soy, etc.), Green & Black's chocolates, variety of shelf-stable "milks," vegan cookies (a couple of brands... can't remember what at the moment), egg replacer, a variety of flours (including chickpea/garbanzo bean), vital wheat gluten in bulk (I know this can be pretty expensive some places, but it's relatively cheap here), TVP, agave nectar, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, and fantastic foods mixes (including falafel, chili, and a few others).

I don't really know what's available in other countries... I'll take anything except olives. :p

veggiemaya
Feb 23rd, 2008, 06:53 PM
i'm down to swap if anyone is interested. if there is anything in the US that someone has been looking for...let me know! :)

pavotrouge
Feb 24th, 2008, 12:08 AM
aaaw I want to do another swap on here... but I'm too broke due to being addicted to swap-bot.

twinkle
Aug 20th, 2008, 10:41 PM
While browsing threads today (I think it was in "what did you eat today") I noticed people pining after foodstuffs they couldn't get in their country.

I then remembered that when I was in Chicago a couple of years ago I fell in love with Barbara's Bakery Cinnamon Puffins, and can't seem to find a way of getting them here. I also remembered someone from Sweden sending me this weird but good nut spread that came in a tub.

Which leads me to the question: would anyone fancy a food package swap scheme? This would work especially well with long life food that could be shipped rather than sent airmail (which would obviously be more expensive).

Not sure of the mechanics of the thing, but thought I'd see if people would theoretically be interested?

twinkle
Aug 20th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I guess not, given the lack of response so far... maybe I've put this in the wrong section?

missbettie
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:19 AM
i think it would be interesting to do, but wouldn't it be rather expensive?

twinkle
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:25 AM
i think it would be interesting to do, but wouldn't it be rather expensive?

I suppose it depends on what you consider expensive. It'd certainly be more expensive than buying regular food from a grocery store, but I wasn't suggesting it as a regular thing, more a novelty.

Other forums I've been on have had quite successful gift swaps which tended to involve food, but we've never really has an official swap on here.

missbettie
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:27 AM
hmmm i'll have to think about it, we do have puffins here!!! lol