PDA

View Full Version : I got a vegan care package!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

cedarblue
Aug 21st, 2008, 10:01 AM
this is already running twinkle :)

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705&highlight=vegan+care+package

i've done several swaps and it's good (and tasty) fun. the items only need be small, you could set a limit of number of items maybe or price. be careful of the items though, the package of contents may be reasonable but it's the postage which can really jack up the price. anything over 2kg from the uk becomes very expensive.

astrid and i recently did a really mini one - she just mentioned something she couldn't get, they were small and cheap so i sent some. easy!! :)

seitan
Aug 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
ive sent about 20 or more blocks of cheezly to america, no reason why i couldnt send more :)

twinkle
Aug 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Ah silly me, I should have remembered. Thanks for the reminder :)

confusionisben
Aug 21st, 2008, 07:37 PM
The idea has always appealed to me from an intrigue side. I've seen it done elsewhere where people sign themselves up for a suprise package of a designated price. The idea of a package of foreign vegan treats arriving on your door stop is carazy, and someone else enjoying what you have freely available seems neato.

I'll have to give that thread ^^ a ponder.

twinkle
Aug 23rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
Does anyone feel like sending me some Barbara's Bakery cinnamon Puffins? I think they do peanut ones too, that were pretty nice...

In return I can send you tasty UK goodies.

RubyDuby
Aug 23rd, 2008, 05:10 AM
are those from the US?
what are they? cereal??

i'll take a looksie...

twinkle
Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:16 AM
Hi RubyDuby - yes, tasty cereal, like little pillows coated in flavoured sugar :D I got them in Wholefoods or Trader Joes when I was in the US, I think.

Thank you for looking. Is there anything from the UK you would be hankering after in return?

RubyDuby
Aug 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
hmmm... i'll have to think on that.

first lets see if i can find them. i dont have a wfm or tj's near me anymore. :(

Shrapnel
Aug 24th, 2008, 05:08 AM
That is a good idea; I would like to get some food from Poland, though it could be expensive to ship.

Though, for a friend's birthday, I did send him some stuff from Poland he couldn't get in the US (like Zubrowka vodka).

pavotrouge
Aug 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I'm not in Poland but there are plenty of Polish grocery stores round here, so I could have a look.

Gorilla
Aug 24th, 2008, 11:20 PM
there are lots of Polish shops in the UK now too, but i've never tried looking for food in there because i can't speak Polish.

RubyDuby
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Hi RubyDuby - yes, tasty cereal, like little pillows coated in flavoured sugar :D I got them in Wholefoods or Trader Joes when I was in the US, I think.

Thank you for looking. Is there anything from the UK you would be hankering after in return?

guess what I got today? :D

perhaps you have access to a small jar of a marite type substance?? (not marmite, i know i know unilever...)

Shrapnel
Aug 25th, 2008, 07:12 AM
there are lots of Polish shops in the UK now too, but i've never tried looking for food in there because i can't speak Polish.

I speak passable Polish, but there aren't any shops here.

Side note: At one store in Cali (Henry's), they had Pierogi, but labeled them "Pierogies" Granted... it's minor and probably just me, but gyah... pierog is singular, pierogi is plural. Ok... <_< rant over :p

Roxy
Aug 25th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Were they vegan? I've never found a vegan variety. I should probably try making them myself one day.

Shrapnel
Aug 25th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I'm not in Poland but there are plenty of Polish grocery stores round here, so I could have a look.

Cool! I'd be interested if they had some there. I was in Germany a few times (Berlin twice, and Frankfurt am Main once), but didn't look to see.

I'd also be up for any exchange. Though I'm not sure what foods I have access too that people would be wanting.

Shrapnel
Aug 25th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Were they vegan? I've never found a vegan variety. I should probably try making them myself one day.

Unfortunately, not (they had cheese). Actually, all the packaged ones, in Poland and the US, seemed to be non-vegan, having often egg or milk ingredients. I'd personally suggest making them yourself; the recipe is pretty simple and the home made ones can taste pretty good (my favorite variety is the classic sauerkraut & mushroom filling) =D

veganf
Feb 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I'd like to swap with someone in the UK/Europe...or anywhere outside the US for that matter! Japan, India, Australia...
I'm in the US near Boston. We have all manner of markets here...Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, etc. Boston Cookies are vegan and superb! But if you're ISO something in particular let me know!

I'd love to receive any vegan goodness, but I love love love Tartex, Marmite/Vegemite, and chocolate. :o

I'd be interested in a swap of maybe a dozen items at a time.

pavotrouge
Feb 28th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I'd be up for it :) I'll PM you right away.

veganf
Feb 28th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I've just arranged to swap with cedarblue, but I'd be up for another one in the springtime if you're still interested!

KayJay
Mar 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
Hi all I am in the UK and would like to do a swap with anyone outside the UK please PM me if you are interested thanks ;o)

Tofukitty
Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hello all,
Swapping sounds fun! Sign me up! I'm in Germany now, so if anyone has a hankering for anything here, let me know.

Daffodil
Mar 4th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I have the sweetest sister ever!

http://store.yahoo.com/healthygoodies/vegan.html

Uhm...that is my excuse for the bad dinner in the "what did you eat today" thread. :rolleyes:

Awesome, huh?

What is this? the link doesn't seem to work???

Buddha Belly
Mar 29th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Are people still up for swapping vegan goodies as me and Helen are desperate for a swap that means we get liquid smoke? It seems we can not find it anywhere in the UK unless anyone knows anything differant.....

whalespace
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I just skim read a few posts and thought you folks were discussing swapping residences for holidays :D.

I'd suggest it but I live in my Dad's shed.

Spud Addict
Mar 30th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Sounds like a fun, interesting holiday, Whalespace :)

BB - what's liquid smoke?