PDA

View Full Version : Vegan, Organic, Fair Trade, Milk Chocolate Bar !!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

DonQuinoa
Mar 31st, 2006, 04:05 PM
This teenager wants it.

Sorry it's for grown ups! (60%)

Cherry
Apr 3rd, 2006, 03:51 PM
OMG It really IS like galaxy!!!!! Only nicer.

Admittedly, it's very sweet, but it makes a nice change from the 70% cocoa stuff. I've always preferred dark chocolate, but then when you can ONLY eat dark chocolate you start seeing the need for a bit of variety.

Have just had another 4 squares :D Actually it's that sickly at all (although I am having it with a cup of tea and do confess to having a sweet tooth). It tastes like it's much higher in fat but it actually has less fat per 100g than G&B.

mmmmmmmmm

Cherry
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:22 PM
:( All gone

puffin
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:24 PM
:( All gone
Wow that lasted longer than mine did :D

Cherry
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I was extremely extremely good, wasn't I? :D ;)

It was REALLY hard not to eat it all in one go. However, I think I may make up for that goodness and go and get another bar :) Or 3. The shop that sells them is only a couple of minutes walk away.........................

puffin
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I was extremely extremely good, wasn't I? :D ;)

It was REALLY hard not to eat it all in one go. However, I think I may make up for that goodness and go and get another bar :) Or 3. The shop that sells them is only a couple of minutes walk away.........................
Lucky you, i have to order it from vegan store :rolleyes:
Yes it was very nice, as long as you dont eat to much at once :o

Mr Flibble
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:32 PM
i had some for breakfast this morning :)

Gliondrach
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
OMG It really IS like galaxy!!!!! Only nicer.

Admittedly, it's very sweet, but it makes a nice change from the 70% cocoa stuff. I've always preferred dark chocolate, but then when you can ONLY eat dark chocolate you start seeing the need for a bit of variety.

Have you tried the Plamil hazelnut choccy bar? I seem to remember that it is not dark.

All you weaklings should control yourselves. Too much chocolate is not good. Have a nice carrot instead. They are delicious dipped in tea.

RedWellies
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Too much chocolate is not good.
How much is too much? ;)

feral
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah Martin, I'll have one just after I put this chocolate away :D

Gliondrach
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:08 PM
More than two squares in six hours. Anything more is decadent, weak, extravagant and unseemly.

feral
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:09 PM
More than two squares in six hours. Anything more is decadent, weak, extravagant and unseemly.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

RedWellies
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Oh dear. But if you could eat two squares every six hours, then surely one bar every couple of days would be OK? I wouldn't want to be considered any more unseemly!!

Cherry
Apr 4th, 2006, 05:33 PM
:eek:

Yes, the plamil one's quite nice. I'm more of a dark chocolate montezuma's girl really though.

Isn't it right that cocoa has as many antioxidants as blueberries? And it's rich in iron?

Excuse enough for me :)

Chocolate isn't *really* a weakness Gliondrach. OK, so thoughts of chocolate do creep up on me, but I had the most delicious organic cherry tomatoes today and could quite happily enthuse about those as well. Quite fond of carrots too - although generally make into cake before serving with tea ;)

Mr Flibble
Apr 4th, 2006, 05:38 PM
i had some delicious lemons this lunchtime :)

Gliondrach
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:00 PM
:eek:

Yes, the plamil one's quite nice. I'm more of a dark chocolate montezuma's girl really though.

Isn't it right that cocoa has as many antioxidants as blueberries? And it's rich in iron?

Excuse enough for me :)

Yes, chocolate is good for you. I prefer to make cocoa without sugar. All that sugar in choccy bars is not good.

Cherry
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
This thread is going bizarrely off topic :D

Back to the chocolate couveture stuff, I didn't go and get more. I'm satisfying tonight's cravings with mini chocolate, and strangely enough Mr Flibble, Lemon, cheesecakes. Made with proper 70% stuff.

That couveture stuff would be great for decorating things with. You know all those annoyingly non-vegan chocolates and desserts with milk and dark chocolate drizzled on them? Like that.

Cherry
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:06 PM
You do have a point there Gliondrach. Sugar does do funny things to people. My mum is on a no refined sugar diet (unless I make her test my cakes :( I know, I'm such a bad daughter) as she's worried about diabetes.

However...I'm, urm, not quite there yet :)

catmogg
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:09 PM

oops. I guess that makes my two bars a day habit...well, exceptionally decadent, weak, extravagent and unseemly.:eek:

Oh well. :D

Cherry
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I'm choosing to notice half the words and going with 'decadent' and 'extravagant' :D

And I completely disagree with unseemly. Chocolate is very 'seemly' :D

Gliondrach
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Recognising the problem is half the battle. Actually, I had a whole bar to myself a day or so ago. But it is one of my personal holy days. There's another holy day coming up later this week.

RedWellies
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM
There's another holy day coming up later this week.
Mmmmmm....Easter eggs!:D

catmogg
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Ooooooooo, i'm feeling a wave of decadance washing over me....

Gliondrach
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Mmmmmm....Easter eggs!:D

Not Easter. A personal celebration of the lives of two loved ones who are no longer with me. A joyous day, really.

I'd better go before I am accused of leading you all astray and well off the beaten path.

feral
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Ooooohhh maybe we could start a decadance club, we could have our own thread and everyfink :D