PDA

View Full Version : Is my recipe any good?

princessemma
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I've got haricots, mung and kidney beans and some butternut squash that needs using up. I thought about frying off some onion and garlic, add some potatoes, carrotts, butternut squash and the beans with some tinned tomatoes and puree and a bit of water, soy sauce, black pepper and maybe some herbs. I thought it would go well with cous cous. Can anyone think of anything else?
I know it's not a recipe that's going to change the world. I just have some veggies that need using and I really want to learn to cook beans. I'm okay with kidney beans but the white ones I haven't got the foggiest what to do with them and all the bean books in my cook books mostly use kidney beans.

qwaychou
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Try baked beans with the white ones, the mung can be ground into flour to make Korean pancakes, and try a southern american beans and rice with those kidneys.
Also, Vegweb has a search you can use for just ingredients, too.

sugarmouse
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:35 PM
what did u make in the end PE?
im stuck asweel..iv got tofu and fresh spinach that both need using n i dnot sure how to do it! lol
iv also got tomatoes, parslay, quinea avacado..and other vegan staples! il let you know what icome up with!

Tigerlily
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Sugarmouse: Salad made from spinach, parsely, tomatoes, avocado, and quinoa!

sugarmouse
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:22 PM
thanks tigerlily!Lol i was going to ,..but i wanted comfort food:(iv not had the best day lol!it worked anyways!

i fried my tofu in seasoned avacado oil, stole some mushrooms n brocoli off my lodgers, threw in all the rest n made a stir fry.lol