PDA

View Full Version : I just ate the most delicious...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

Jane M
May 10th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Home made hummus made with lots of lemon! I remember who told me here to leave out the tahini and I too lousey at searching to find out, but you were right. This hummus is delicious! Very lemoney like I like and really fresh tasting.....yay!

jem
May 11th, 2006, 10:49 PM
brown rice with kidney beans and dill.
so, so good.

veggiegirl3
May 24th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Oatmeal made with vanilla nonfat soymilk (but no water), cooked with 1/2 pretty ripe banana, nutmeg, and cinamon. Sooooo good. It's good with raisins too. :)

Tigerlily
May 24th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Arabic desserts and pastries. Mm.

Limey
May 24th, 2006, 05:13 PM
a soynut butter, ricemellow fluff, and banana toasted sandwich :D

:eek: You mean there is a vegan equivalent to a Fluffernutter?!?!? I had no idea. I am so happy to hear this. Ricemellow fluff. Oh my. *drools*

veggiegirl3
May 24th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Raspberry truffles!

~Lenore
May 24th, 2006, 11:10 PM
I just tried Amy's frozen shepard's pie!
It's amazing! :D

Wishin986
May 25th, 2006, 12:20 AM
:eek: You mean there is a vegan equivalent to a Fluffernutter?!?!? I had no idea. I am so happy to hear this. Ricemellow fluff. Oh my. *drools*

yup!! its amazing - very sweet - kind of frosting-ish but really think and gooey

veggiegirl3
May 26th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I made homemade cinnamon buns, which were really easy and sooo good!

speedylemons
May 26th, 2006, 02:52 PM
nice!!!! Did you get the recipe from somewhere? ... or do ya feel like sharing it? ;):D

Haniska
May 26th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Yes, DO share the recipe. Ironically, I have been craving them...

veggiegirl3
May 26th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I got the recipe from "burgers 'n Fire 'n Cinnamon Buns: Low-fat, meatless versions of fast food favorites." I would recommend it. All of the recipes seem really quick and easy, but I've only tried the one for cinnamon buns.

Ingredients:
Topping: 1 T soy margerine, melted
3 T maple syrup
2 T firmly packed brown sugar
2 T rasins
Ground Cinnamon

Filling: 1 T firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 T raisins

Dough: 3/4 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 T baking powder
1 T firmly packed brown sugar
3 T vegetable oil
1/2 C orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract

Glaze (optional)
1/4 c confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp soy milk

-Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F)
-Combine topping ingredients (except raisins and cinnamon) in a 9-inch pie pan. Mix well. Sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon evenly. Set aside.
-To make filling: Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside, along with raisins.
-To make dough:combine flour, baking powder, and brown sugar. Mix well. Add oil and mix with a fork or pastery blender until it resembles course crumbs. Combine orange juice and vanilla and add to dough. Mix until moistened. With your hands, work dough into a ball.
-Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead a few times. Shape into a log. Cover with wax paper and roll into an 8" by 16" rectangle. Remove waxed paper and sprinkle with the filling and raisins.
-Roll dough tightly like a jelly-roll. Cut into 10 pieces using a saw-like motion to prevent flattening. Place buns, cut side up, evenly into pie pan, with about 1/2 inch between the,. Flatten with the palm of you hand gently until they are touching each other.
-Bake 15 minutes and remove from over. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate.
-To make glaze: Put suagr in a bowl and add milk slowly ( a few drops at a time), mixing well. Drizzle over buns and serve right away. (If buns are not being served right away, let them cook before glazing).

Each bun has: 164 calories and 6 g of fat (acording to the book, without glaze). I didn't use the glaze, and they are delicious!

apple
May 26th, 2006, 10:12 PM
sugar baby watermelon and fresh hawaiian pineapple! soooo good!!

Wildflower
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I just ate the yummiest brunch. :o

I made a big tofu scramble w/onions, red and green peppers, brocolli, grape tomatoes, garlic, cumin and tumeric. I cooked it in earth balance margarine. I also made corn muffins w/ground flax, whole wheat pastry flour, corn meal, soymilk and egg replacer.

I ate my tofu scramble and corn muffin w/some fresh strawberries and blueberries and a cup of coffee.

Mmmmm...it was sooooo good. :) And, it was healthy! :D

Limey
Jun 6th, 2006, 03:48 AM
I had the yummiest tofu "eggs" benedict this weekend. The vegan biscuit was absolutely to die for, but it all was so rich and heavy. I got through about an 1/8 of it and unfortunately could not take the rest home as I was traveling. :(

Xenius13
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Last night I had a brick of zesty garlic marinated tofu in the fridge. I cubed and browned it and served it with steamed Brussels sprouts.

Smoothie
Jun 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM
i went to a soupkitchen, they served pasta and tomato sauce, and bread with home made persley pesto. the bread was okay, but the pasta was overcooked and the they forgot to put salt into the sauce. well, maybe i'm just being picky.

Wildflower
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM
That doesn't sound very delicious Smoothie! :confused:

I just ate the most delicious homemade brunch! :D

I made whole wheat biscuits and gravy, and ate that with tofu scramble that had onions, garlic, red pepper, brocolli, cumin and tumeric. I also had coffee w/hazelnut flavored soycreamer.

the gravy was sooooo good. :o And soooo unhealthy! :p

Now I have to go clean up - there is flour everywhere from making biscuits. :rolleyes:

Tigerlily
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Cucumber and 'cream cheese' sandwich on lightly toasted sprouted grain bread. And a cup of tea and an apple. YUM.

Smoothie
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:28 PM
pastasalad with home made sun-dried tomato-pesto. a salad w/ cucumber, radishes, tomato, cashewnuts, sunflower seeds, grapefruit and a dressing made of white wine vinegar and maplesyrup. a couscous/eggplant/courgette/tomato-dish - soo very good. i'm sure gonna bring some for lunch tomorrow:D

poppy seed
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Cold rice noodle salad. The sauce was coconut milk, red curry paste, shallots, tamari, a smidge of garlic and a bit of lime juce. I added lots of basil, tomatoes and chopped peanuts. Yum! Next time, I'm going to add mung bean sprouts

tipsy
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:11 PM
bbq tempeh sandwich!

mmmm...

im stuffed! :o

Wishin986
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:31 AM
It turns out that my best friends fav. cake is vegan!! I went over today like most days and they were baking a cake for her half birthday, just a random excuse to make a cake, and we read the ingredients and it was vegan and so that was exciting and really good before they added cream cheese frosting

Wishin986
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:31 AM
It turns out that my best friends fav. cake is vegan!! I went over today like most days and they were baking a cake for her half birthday, just a random excuse to make a cake, and we read the ingredients and it was vegan and so that was exciting and really good before they added cream cheese frosting

Tigerlily
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Homemade chocolate chip cookies! I just had like 5 plus a lot of cookie dough. I'm stuffed!