PDA

View Full Version : I just ate the most delicious...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Wildflower
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Thank you Concious Cuisine! That sounds very yummy!

Tigerlily
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:15 AM
And Wildflower, next you time you pick up some lentils, try green/brown lentils. They hold their shape better and are more versatile. :)

Wildflower
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Thanks Tigerlily!

I have had brown lentils before, but only in things so I never really tasted them. I didn't even know there were green lentils!

Peas'nHominy
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:28 AM
MMMMmmmmm....I LOVE lentil soups. Especially when it's got greens and lemon in it! LOTS of lemon!
:p <----me drooling and slurping!

Smell
Feb 18th, 2006, 04:17 AM
I made banana bread earlierrr! It was awesome =D

insubordination
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:18 AM
I highly, HIGHLY recommend adding a tablespoon of tahini (per 'serve') to any tomato based pasta sauce. You won't believe how creamy, delicious and even 'cheesy' it tastes. Even if you don't like tahini on its own - give it a shot.

Peas'nHominy
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:44 AM
I highly, HIGHLY recommend adding a tablespoon of tahini (per 'serve') to any tomato based pasta sauce. You won't believe how creamy, delicious and even 'cheesy' it tastes. Even if you don't like tahini on its own - give it a shot.
Oh-my-goooodness, that sounds so good! I'm definately going to try that this weekend. It's cold and rainy - a great time for a bowl of hot tomato (plus tahini) soup! :)

Tigerlily
Feb 18th, 2006, 02:48 PM

Oh yum! Tahini is great. I mix it with lemon juice and use it as a high protein mayo replacement. MMM.

Tigerlily
Feb 18th, 2006, 02:49 PM
MMMMmmmmm....I LOVE lentil soups. Especially when it's got greens and lemon in it! LOTS of lemon!
:p <----me drooling and slurping!

Lentils and lemons are boyfriend and girlfriend. They are perfect together, haven't you heard? :p

Wildflower
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Lentils and lemons are boyfriend and girlfriend. They are perfect together, haven't you heard? :p

Hahahahahaha!:D

Pob
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Home-made chilli.

Decided to try something new and fry in water and not oil (excessively heated oil produces some nasties such as trans fats).

It had onion, red and green pepper, green bits from a leek, courgette, celery, tin of tomatoes, tin of kidney beans, some ground cashews, chilli powder, paprika, reduced salt stock powder, mushrooms, with some oil olive oil stirred in just before serving. Everything other than the spices was organic :)

Tasted incredibly good :)

Best of all is there is enough left for another meal :D

grail
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Wow - that sounds great grail! Did you make the sticky buns?

Yeah, I did. It was a pain. But the adzuki paste filling is a great way to go. The whole meal took me 1.5 hours to prepare!

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:08 AM
I had tempura (baked :p ) vegetables (taro, green beans, zucchini, carrots, sugar snap peas, onions) and green tea noodles with asparagus, broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic, tofu and many, many spices plus sesame seeds and nutritional yeast in a flavorful, lemony-ginger broth

Earlier in the day I had baked tater tots with fresh salsa, kalamata olive bread with avocado-miso-jalapeno olive spread and kale with green beans, garlic and carmelized onions with many spices

Wildflower
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:51 AM
I just ate the yummiest pasta sauce! Mmmmm...yummy.

Delallo Hot Pepper Garlic Sauce (https://www.delallo.com/products_display.php?prod_id=75)

Ingredients: Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Parsley

Want2BVegan
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Bean and rice burrito with salsa, guacomole and stirfried onions, red and green peppers.

I eat these almost everyday but wanted to share!

Jane M
Feb 20th, 2006, 12:39 AM
I made a sub sandwich with portabella mushrooms, red onions that were sauteed in garlic oil and topped with vegan moz. Ohhhh myyyy happy tummy. Next time I may add a few herbs though....or maybe hot peppers???:p

Wishin986
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:07 AM
I just tried this Pizza place that has an entire vegan menu as well as "traditional" one and I ordered a small individual bbq chicken pizza and it was yummy!

Peas'nHominy
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:17 AM
HA haha!!:D

Actually, I didn't hear, but I am heard .... no, really, Heard is my married name!;) (okay, bad joke:D )

strawberry
Feb 20th, 2006, 03:33 AM
bahahahahahaha :)

Roxy
Feb 20th, 2006, 03:41 AM
I had tempura (baked :p ) vegetables (taro, green beans, zucchini, carrots, sugar snap peas, onions) and green tea noodles with asparagus, broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic, tofu and many, many spices plus sesame seeds and nutritional yeast in a flavorful, lemony-ginger broth

Earlier in the day I had baked tater tots with fresh salsa, kalamata olive bread with avocado-miso-jalapeno olive spread and kale with green beans, garlic and carmelized onions with many spices

I didn't know tempura was vegan! I have often seen tempura vegetables on restaurant menus, but have never ordered it because I assumed it would contain dairy and/or eggs.

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 20th, 2006, 03:52 AM
I didn't know tempura was vegan! I have often seen tempura vegetables on restaurant menus, but have never ordered it because I assumed it would contain dairy and/or eggs.

It usually *does* have dairy and eggs and is often cooked where animals are cooked as well;That's why I make it myself ;)

strawberry
Feb 20th, 2006, 03:54 AM
CC - check ur PM box :)

Wildflower
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:35 AM
I ate a Lara bar in the car on the way home from my co-op.

It was banana cookie flavored and amazing!

Jane M
Feb 23rd, 2006, 01:34 AM
I had the yummiest tempeh and veggie dish from the co-op! Wish I knew what they did to the tempeh...very tangy almost a light vinegar taste and lots of tomato too. Almost thinking of getting dressed and going back for more...almost.....:rolleyes:

Tigerlily
Feb 23rd, 2006, 01:42 AM
It usually *does* have dairy and eggs and is often cooked where animals are cooked as well;That's why I make it myself ;)

Will the recipe be in your book?!