PDA

View Full Version : I just ate the most delicious...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Roxy
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:21 AM
:D It was good!

thecatspajamas1
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:52 AM
cashew butter!! AHAHSHHSHhshhssh

moochbabe
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:52 AM
:eek: OMG Roxy, I think I'm going to have to take a trip to Canada to come see you! :p

ConsciousCuisine
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:57 AM
cashew butter!! AHAHSHHSHhshhssh
I just had a banana with freshly crushed peanuts ;)

moochbabe
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:09 AM
I just had a banana with freshly crushed peanuts ;)

:eek: everyone's making make this face of envy tonight!

lozza
Mar 1st, 2006, 12:39 PM
last night, i just threw random things together for dinner, cos i was running out of food. and i ended up with:

soy-marinated tofu, pan fried with spring onions, on a bed of spinach salad, with a little bit of grated soy cheese on top :)

mmm-mmmmm, it was quite nice! but i think it coulda used something else. maybe more veg. roasted peppers or something :)

DancingWillow
Mar 1st, 2006, 06:26 PM
That sounds tasty, lozza:)

I was in Chicago this weekend, and there was an organic vegan raw restaurant called Karyn's. I ordered some raw stuffed pizza with a nut crust and lots of veggies and spices....yummm:D And, for dessert, I had an absolutely fantastic smoothie made of nutmilk, banana, dates, and vanilla! OMG, it was such an incredibly delicious meal :D:D:D They had so many other wonderful things there that I wish I can try someday!

I loved the atmosphere, too! They have a casual cafe side with an all you can eat bar and a juice bar...they sell a lot of books, foods, and other products there, and have a corner with comfy couches where you can read or study! The other side is a dim-lighted, well-decorated fine dining restaurant:)

Just a note to those who are close to Chicago and might visit: they label themselves as a vegan restaurant, though quite a few of their products (including their wonderfully-looking cakes:() have honey in them, so you have to be careful and ask.

Yogini
Mar 1st, 2006, 06:56 PM
Gravy. I'm a gravy nut and this was the best vegetarian gravy I've ever had. I made it using the diner gravy recipe from The Chicago Diner Cookbook. I had to use twice the amount of roux suggested and next time I'll halve the amount of tamari, but still, yum.

catmogg
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:02 PM
That sounds tasty, lozza:)

I was in Chicago this weekend, and there was an organic vegan raw restaurant called Karyn's. I ordered some raw stuffed pizza with a nut crust and lots of veggies and spices....yummm:D And, for dessert, I had an absolutely fantastic smoothie made of nutmilk, banana, dates, and vanilla! OMG, it was such an incredibly delicious meal :D:D:D They had so many other wonderful things there that I wish I can try someday!

I loved the atmosphere, too! They have a casual cafe side with an all you can eat bar and a juice bar...they sell a lot of books, foods, and other products there, and have a corner with comfy couches where you can read or study! The other side is a dim-lighted, well-decorated fine dining restaurant:)

Just a note to those who are close to Chicago and might visit: they label themselves as a vegan restaurant, though quite a few of their products (including their wonderfully-looking cakes:() have honey in them, so you have to be careful and ask.

Wow, id love to try this place. That meal sounds delicious. I find it really hard trying to be raw, i lack the time and inspiration. This is what eating out should be about; sampling things you cant make yourself. :) Shame about the honey though.:(

Cherry
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:08 PM
...piece of my mum's homemade bread :)

I love my mum's bread (http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/BreadSnacks/mum's_bread.htm). She makes it all the time, which is lucky because when I do it, it just doesn't taste the same!

lozza
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:37 PM
yogini, my boyfriend makes wonderful vegetarian onion gravy....mmmm its yummy.

sugarmouse
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:31 PM
i love it when i bake corguettes/zucchini in the oven with black pepper..il do that now.wonder if it d go well with gravy!Lol

scruffyhead
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:38 AM
i love it when i bake corguettes/zucchini in the oven with black pepper..il do that now.wonder if it d go well with gravy!Lol

Save me some please! i just love your cooking :)

Ive just had two oranges and an apple...god i love oranges :) can you eat to many of them?

sugarmouse
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
bobilldylan u dont like them!!!

the only way you can eat too many oranges is if you are sensitive to them...theyre a constipation cure need i say more!important to eat the white stuff on them to get the full benefit lol
i like the taste but not the texture and how messy/fiddly they are!

i jus cooked broccoli and corguettes in a little one calorie spray oil,bit of stock and soy sauce,,,added leftover roast tomatoes and linseed..now that cant b bad for me on my new health kick can it?i have just fond out i am a lot heavier than i thought(sob) :confused: :( :eek:

Yogini
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
yogini, my boyfriend makes wonderful vegetarian onion gravy....mmmm its yummy.

Hmm. I don't know if I like onions enough to enjoy onion gravy. Do you know what else is in it?

Yogini
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:00 PM
the only way you can eat too many oranges is if you are sensitive to them...
That's me. If I eat more than one piece of any citrus more often than twice a week, the corners of my mouth get raw and flaky. I can't every buy orange juice because at that rate I can't drink the whole bottle/carton before it gets old and yucky.

BTW, it's really snowing hard right now. Weatherbug said to expect only 4 inches of accumulation, but I really think it's going to be more.

TofurkyZombie
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:57 PM
I just had the most delicious pizza!! There is this great lil cafe attached to one of my cities health food stores and they hooked me up with this taste-tacular pizza w/ caramelized onions, baby spinach, red peppers and vegan cheese mmmmm

Troutina
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:47 AM
PEANUT BUTTER!
Man alive I never realised it was so good!

tipsy
Mar 3rd, 2006, 03:20 AM
...mistake ever!:D :eek:

i was trying to make some southwestern bean & corn cakes (appitizer style for a dinner i was supposed to attend this evening:rolleyes: )

but they ended up too soupy.

so i added some stuff and ended up with absolutly awesome corn & bean burgers.

i just ate one with some toast, tomato slices, veganaise, and lettuce...

ahhh-mazing!:D

Wildflower
Mar 3rd, 2006, 04:53 AM
It's the best recipe! Well everything I've made from that book so far is "the best" lol. But these are really yummy! I had one and a half burritos and 2 helpings of salad. My boyfriend brought the baby kiwis home from work as a suprise today and they complemented everything so nicely!

Baby kiwis? I was wondering why they looked so cute and tiny.

That looks awesome, and I love your plates! I will have to check out that cookbook. Yum!

speedylemons
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:04 AM
yeah those baby kiwis look really fun. I like making my food look pretty before i eat it. foodblogs are fun when ur a vegan. HA :D

Neptunus
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:27 AM
I ate dinner a few hours ago, 'twas home made lasagna. mmm. it had big flat white beans, lots of other vegs, and it was just generally really yum.
--neptunus

insubordination
Mar 4th, 2006, 03:16 PM
PEANUT BUTTER!
Man alive I never realised it was so good!

How come? Isn't in popular in the UK or did your family just not buy it. I don't think I've even not had a jar in the fridge. The 'crush it yourself' ones are the best.

Yogini
Mar 4th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I was about to reply that I think peanut butter is an American thing when I noticed Insubordination is in Australia.

Wait, didn't Claire on "Lost" once say she's the only Australian in the country that likes peanut butter? Now I'm confused.

Bunny
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I'm in the UK and I LOVE peanut butter... I've had it all my life, so I don't think it's just an American thing :)... At my local health food shop you can buy it by the (small) bucketload!!

Nice........... May go and have some now in fact... on new wholemeal rye bread....