PDA

View Full Version : I just ate the most delicious...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I just ate the most delicious bowl of pasta! :D What a great feeling! ;)

Trader Joe's has a new organic sprouted grains/gluten pasta that has 11 grams of protein per serving and I made it with (all organic) peas, fat-free pasta sauce, puree of white bean/garlic/lemon/spices/olive oil, nutritional yeast and served it with a hunk of rosemary focaccia and steamed broccoli.

Mmmmmmmmmm, happy feelings in my mouth and in my belly! :D

What did YOU just have?

Tigerlily
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Guac! I made it with lime rather than lemon because someone suggested it's better, and oh my, it's even more heavenly.

Mr Flibble
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:04 AM
is there a time limit on just? In the last couple of hours I've had chinese - all from scratch after work: sweet and sour deep fried tofu, hoisin tofu, a mixture of soba, udon and wholewheat noodles and rice with mixed sesame seeds and spring onions. Took about 90mins to prepare, but was worth it :)

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Ahh, fellow foodies! I LOVE it! I enjoy simple things, like Tigerlily's guacamole and I also really love extravagant meals like yours, Mr. Flibble!

Tigerlily
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:12 AM
I'm too hungry too cook most of the time. :o

sugarmouse
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:35 AM
me too tiger!

but my lodger gayvid is very good.he has ordered a vegan pizza with peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes...imlikin it!

thecatspajamas1
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I just ate ALMOND BUTTER. For the first time.
I bought it at the supermarket and it actually came out of a big machine filled with almonds and when you turn the crank it crushes them and poops out the almond butter into your plastic container, however much you want.
And OMG it is so good. Very high in calories but so worth it. I love it!!! So sweet and fatty and crunchy and smooth!

(I also just tried wheatgrass that I bought today too. I chewed on it. I didn't really like the taste. But unfortunately I bought a big container of it... maybe I will start to like it within a few days.)

Tigerlily
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I think you need to juice wheatgrass in order to get the nutrients out....

Juice
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I just ate ALMOND BUTTER. For the first time.

If you want to get really sinful, dip some dark chocolate in it next time. Mmmm.

foxytina_69
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:04 AM
today for dinner im making tofu bacon, soy cheese, onion sprout and tomato sandwiches with home baked bread. mmmmm.

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Eating just made me hungrier! :o So, I had to make steamed broccoli with garlic and onion powder, veggie pepper, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, Udo's Blend oil and white beans!

grail
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:27 AM
I just made cypriot-style white beans with onion, garlic, chile, carrot, tomatoes and served it over quinoa. MMMMMM. So filling and good, I was starving tonight.

I got the recipe out of Madhur Jaffrey's "World Vegetarian" which is a book that gets heavy rotation at our house.

Later, after the baby goes to bed, I'm going to go down and have chocolate soymilk and bananas with some of that homeade marzipan that I learned how to make from the "marzipan" thread a couple of weeks ago!

thecatspajamas1
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:55 AM
I know I already posted about almond butter, but... I just ate some again, and I have to say OH MY GODDDDD! I am squealing with delight!

A L M O N D B U T T E R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speedylemons
Jan 18th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Hey sarah, about the wheat grass.. i too thought you had to juice it in order to get the nutrients.. but you just chewed it? does anyone else know if there are other ways to eat wheat grass? :confused:

foxytina_69
Jan 18th, 2006, 06:47 AM
i ended up not making the sandwiches, as the tofu didnt defrost fast enough, so im making them tommorow. but oy, i made onion sprout sandwiches instead which were really yummy!

Hemlock
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:50 AM
How does anyone manage to stay slim when there is so much nice food around? I'm not managing it - can we do delicious diet food instead? :)

Morna
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Bagel Pizza! Made that for dinner tonight. Vegan Gormet Mozzerella (made by Follow Your Heart, the same company responsible for Veganaise) is GOOD! It melts great, and, while it doesn't have quite as much flavor as the "real" stuff, it also doesn't have that weird chemical taste a lot of other vegan cheeses do. When you load on the flavorful toppings, like onions, mushrooms, and greek olives, this pizza rocks.

Pob
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Redwoods Sausage and ketchup sandwich on the thick cut crusts of a fresh home baked loaf :)

harpy
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Nectarine :eek: Feeling rather guilty because they aren't exactly in season but boy, was it delicious. It was a second-hand one anyway.

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:50 PM
How does anyone manage to stay slim when there is so much nice food around? I'm not managing it - can we do delicious diet food instead? :)

Well, the food I cooked could be considered "diet" food...each ingredient was selected not only for flavor but for nutritional value!

The pasta dish was very low fat, high protein and fiber and the broccoli dish had a small spoon of healthy oils added to a 3 pounds of broccoli and 3 cups of beans...I ate 1/3 of it, there's 1/3 left for breakfast and my Daughter ate 1/2 of her 1/3 and will take the other portion to schol today, so it was low calorie as well :)

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Hey sarah, about the wheat grass.. i too thought you had to juice it in order to get the nutrients.. but you just chewed it? does anyone else know if there are other ways to eat wheat grass? :confused:
You can eat it any way you like but in order to get the full value of it, you must juice it and a regular juicer doesn't do the trick; you need a wheatgrass juicer.

puffin
Jan 18th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Well i thought my meal last night would be pretty nice. Red Lentil loaf. I have never made it before so i thought i would have a bash. Well what a nightmare. It said to make it into a loaf shape and put it in a baking tray with hot oil. I thought the beat thing to do was slap it in a loaf tin lined with cling film and slowly plonk it into the hot oil :rolleyes: I was so scared that it was going to splash i decided to evacuate the kids out of the kitchen. It actually worked and looked lovely and a loaf shape until it had been in the oven for 15 mins. It was more like a pitta bread instead of a loaf. Oh well. It tasted ok ish but it didnt look very attractive.
Anyway, i had mash potatos, broccoli and green beans with it and they were lovely :o

Hemlock
Jan 18th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Well, the food I cooked could be considered "diet" food...each ingredient was selected not only for flavor but for nutritional value!

The pasta dish was very low fat, high protein and fiber and the broccoli dish had a small spoon of healthy oils added to a 3 pounds of broccoli and 3 cups of beans...I ate 1/3 of it, there's 1/3 left for breakfast and my Daughter ate 1/2 of her 1/3 and will take the other portion to schol today, so it was low calorie as well :)

One of these days you will find me parked on your doorstep with a suitcase if you're not careful!:)

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 18th, 2006, 02:57 PM
That would be lovely ;)

cedarblue
Jan 18th, 2006, 03:22 PM
...cold veggie mince chilli and rice left over from last night - and some unsulphured apricots, much more caramely and tastey than the orange suphured ones.