PDA

View Full Version : Whale in the Thames

Yaksongs
Jan 20th, 2006, 02:03 PM
You may have seen this today on the news - about the Whale currently making it's way up the Thames - What makes me sick to the back teeth is all the media noise there will be, & how worried they are about it getting stressed, & we're sending a boat to protect it & make sure it turns round with the tide & goes out to sea - all good stuff - meanwhilst there are poor whales getting blasted & harpooned all over the world to satisfy the abhorrent market for whale flesh & other stuff & the media doesn't give a - well you know - todays rant over!

RedWellies
Jan 20th, 2006, 10:33 PM
I know what you mean, but if the british public see the whale on "their turf", they will maybe think what a beautiful creature it is and then when they see the whaling on the TV, it might make them think. At least I like to think so.

sugarmouse
Jan 20th, 2006, 10:54 PM
i doiget what u mean yak.Same concept as all those 'animal lovers' in the world who eat m,eat.

harpy
Jan 21st, 2006, 12:19 AM
if the british public see the whale on "their turf", they will maybe think what a beautiful creature it is and then when they see the whaling on the TV, it might make them think.

Yes, I was thinking that as well. After all, it's people's relationship with their companion animals that sometimes makes them think about going vegetarian, isn't it?

I just read the poor thing may have managed to turn round and swim back towards the sea. Let's hope so and that it finds its way back to its chums.

Gorilla
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:52 PM
the whale died. :(

http//uk.news.yahoo.com/22012006/325/rescuers-say-whale-s-death-save-others.html

veganja
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
Sorry about the whale. Pity there aren't such efforts to rescue all whales, and all the rest of the fishes too.