PDA

View Full Version : Vegan salad cream

Pages : 1 [2]

Christie
Jul 4th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Asdas reduced fat salad cream is vegan! It is on their vegan list and I checked the ingredients and cant see anything dodgy.

Limey
Jul 4th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I'd really like it if they could do away with the name "Salad Cream" and call it something else.

paulvegan
Jul 4th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I'd really like it if they could do away with the name "Salad Cream" and call it something else.
what would u call it?:rolleyes:

Limey
Jul 4th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Since salad dressing is already taken and apparently this stuff is "better" -
well heck, still call it salad dressing.
Salad Cream just really grosses me out. Those two words should never be combined. Ever.

paulvegan
Jul 4th, 2006, 11:24 PM
right from now on i will call saled cream limey salad dressing:D

Limey
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:32 AM
right from now on i will call saled cream limey salad dressing:D
And tough sh*t if it's not limey, right? ;)

Stu
Jul 5th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Since salad dressing is already taken and apparently this stuff is "better" -
well heck, still call it salad dressing.
Salad Cream just really grosses me out. Those two words should never be combined. Ever.
Would you like me to squeeze my cream onto your salad?

sandra
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Try the 50% less fat salad cream from Asda, it's just like Heinz.

Limey
Jul 5th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Would you like me to squeeze my cream onto your salad?
I've now choked on a Veggie Ting. Thank you. And the First Response Team boys here thank you, as well.

lozza
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:35 AM
i have NEVER seen vegan salad cream anywhere..yet the supermarket own makes seem to sell it. hmmm..i dont like salad cream, but i might have to investigate! maybe.

talking about salads..i'm really upset. lastnight, i made a salad & put it in the fridge to keep it cold while my dinner/supper cooked. and i forgot all about it. i just remembered it this morning when i found it. i feel bad :( i dont like waste, and also...salaaaad! :(

Vickythevegan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM
I went shopping yesterday & Sainsbury's Be good to yourself salad cream is labelled as vegan & the ingredients seem fine too. I was just extremely excited & wanted to share it. Tastes the way I remember it too. I hope this isn't old news, I don't often go near all that stuff as I assume it has dairy or eggs in but it has been moved near all their salad dressings so my vegan-vision spotted it :D

I was searching for some kind of thread where we could share our vegan discoveries but I didn't find one here, so if there is one perhaps this could be merged into it.

:)

Pob
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
It is old news :p

There is a thread about it somewhere.

paulvegan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:58 PM
but thanks for reminding us.

sandra
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM
I like the idea of a thread to share vegan discoveries Vicky. Could someone tell me how to find it if there is one already?

paulvegan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
sandra sainsbury's do one.

Vickythevegan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
How did I not know about this before! It isn't like I was ever that bothered about salad cream though, now I have it I keep fancying it though.

Thanks for merging this by the way :)

sandra
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:16 PM
sandra sainsbury's do one.
Sorry Paul, I didn't word that very well, I meant where is the thread to share vegan discoveries? :)

Vickythevegan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:17 PM
I like the idea of a thread to share vegan discoveries Vicky. Could someone tell me how to find it if there is one already?
I like that idea too Sandra, although surely someone has already thought of it???

sandra
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:21 PM
It would be a good idea, I'm sure all of us know of vegan things to buy and we could share it with each other. I know of a few things in Asda I always get when I'm there. :)

paulvegan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:22 PM
doh im just thick sandra, i should read more carefully

sandra
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:24 PM
It would be funny though if Sainsbury's did a vegan discovery thread, wouldn't it? :)

Vickythevegan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:27 PM
It would be a good idea, I'm sure all of us know of vegan things to buy and we could share it with each other. I know of a few things in Asda I always get when I'm there. :)
I would definitely find it helpful.

It would be funny though if Sainsbury's did a vegan discovery thread, wouldn't it? :)
Sainsbury's would be my new favourite shop if they did!

paulvegan
Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:35 PM
sainsburys have a vegan fourm.

eco
Aug 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know whether Cross & Blackwell's Waistline salad cream is vegan? The ingredients seem to be ok - no egg or dairy and it says suitable for vegetarians - and I looked up the e numbers and they aren't of animal origin. It doesn't appear to be in the latest animal free shopper (I haven't looked at the on-line version)

cedarblue
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM
if it is ecoanimal, let me know!:p