PDA

View Full Version : Co-op goodies...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Cherry
Feb 5th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I find most things in the co op, but I cant get on with their shampoo and conditioner. It smells lovely, but makes my hair all tangly. Does anyone know of any decent shampoo thats vegan? its the only product I really struggle with.

I completely agree. I love coop and I'm completely impressed with their toothpaste, but the shampoo makes my hair tangly too, and it makes my head itch. I thought I'd caught nits (I work with small people) but after combing my hair for about 30 minutes with a nit comb and not finding anybody in there I realised I was just sensitive to the shampoo.

As Twinkle says, original source stuff is cool. I've got their tangerine and bergamot shampoo at the mo and it's great.

I didn't think I could get most original source things where I am, but just found loads of it in Morrisons! Hooray :)

tabitha
Feb 5th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I really like Original Source stuff too, but where I am you just cant get it anymore. A couple of months ago it was in all the shops on special offer, now I cant find it at all. I get the shower gel, but shampoo - nowhere to be found.

Cherry
Feb 5th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Aha. That could be cos they've just redone the packaging. When I got my shampoo (from Boots) a couple of weeks ago the lady at the till said I'd had a job finding it cos it had only just reappeared.

Last time I looked in Morrisons they had NO original source stuff at all, but when I went on Thursday they had loads of shower gel and shaving gel and everything. All in the new packaging. So hopefully it'll reappear in your shops too :)

Gorilla
Feb 6th, 2006, 08:22 AM
i use Co-op's 2-in-1 shampoo and i think it's really good. :) but i did try their anti-dandruff shampoo and it made my scalp really dry and itchy, thus completely defeating the object :rolleyes:

Pob
Feb 6th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I've just bought some original source shower gel. I had a good stock of Honesty soaps that have just run out, so was chuffed that it was easy to get vegan shower gel.:) Must check out what my local Co-op stocks - probably not much as it is small and skanky.

herbwormwood
Feb 6th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I really like Original Source stuff too, but where I am you just cant get it anymore. A couple of months ago it was in all the shops on special offer, now I cant find it at all. I get the shower gel, but shampoo - nowhere to be found.

Check out their website for free samples
http://www.originalsource.co.uk/
I have had loads of free stuff from them, they even sent me 4 fulll size bottles of bath stuff a couple of years back, for no apparent reason.
All you have to do is to register your details on their website and give your feedback on samples they send you. UK only though.

Gorilla
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:39 AM
does anyone know if Co-op have stopped selling their eye make-up remover? i can't find it in my local shop any more.

Mr Flibble
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM

Same in the midlands, i used to buy the shampoo at 99p a bottle (those shops do have some uses), but now i can't even find it at full price in an entire city! The conditioner, shower gel, antipersperent, soap, bubble bath etc are all easy to find, but what are you supposed to wash your hair with?

Gorilla
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:07 PM
i've found Original Source shower gel works perfectly on my hair as well as their shampoo, so if you can find that you might as well give it a try. it's good on long or short hair. :)

but i still need make-up remover - otherwise i'll have to resort to the Body Shop - has anybody seen it in their local Co-op recently???

tabitha
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Have you looked in the Animal Aid catalogue? I get bits and pieces there, but they take ages to deliver. I get vit e. cream and I used to get vegan musk perfume but the company that provided it has gone out of business. I sometimes use co ops baby wipes to cleanse and take make up off.

herbwormwood
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:27 PM
does anyone know if Co-op have stopped selling their eye make-up remover? i can't find it in my local shop any more.

I don't use that but have you tried emailing them, they are usually very helpful. Or phone the helpline. It is also good to tell companies how you want their vegan stuff and cannot do without it. Co-op often won't sell certain items in shops where there is not enough demand but it does not mean they have stopped selling it. Like my Mum's co-op stopped selling Provamel soya milk (not enough demand in a small village) but they still sell their own brand.

Gorilla
Mar 6th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Have you looked in the Animal Aid catalogue? I get bits and pieces there, but they take ages to deliver. I get vit e. cream and I used to get vegan musk perfume but the company that provided it has gone out of business. I sometimes use co ops baby wipes to cleanse and take make up off.
Animal Aid don't seem to do an eye make-up remover, neither do Meadowsweet, and Veganstore only do wipes - i'd prefer a liquid. Herbwormwood, i will try emailing Co-op's customer relations address. :)

Hemlock
Mar 6th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I've bought it in the Peacehaven co-op superstore recently but the local small store doesn't do it.

catmogg
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Same in the midlands, i used to buy the shampoo at 99p a bottle (those shops do have some uses), but now i can't even find it at full price in an entire city! The conditioner, shower gel, antipersperent, soap, bubble bath etc are all easy to find, but what are you supposed to wash your hair with?

Um, they sell original source shampoo's in Boots. They did them up a bit so they look kind of snazzier, which is probably why they sold the old stock off cheap and accounts for their disappearance.... But they do contain sodium laurel sulfate, parabens and other such nasties.... Try brands like 'faith in nature' instead. :)

Gorilla
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:23 PM
i got an email from Co-op who said they've had problems with the supplier of their eye make-up remover, but that it's making its way back into their stores again now.

herbwormwood
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Um, they sell original source shampoo's in Boots.

Animal Aid's statement on Boots:

Boots
They state 'no animal testing of any kind is undertaken or commissioned by the Boots Company or its subsidiary businesses.' However, they do not have a FCOD, and are prepared to use ingredients that have been tested on animals by others.

Not good enough for me, I prefer to shop elsewhere if I can. FCOD means fixed cut off date for when they stopped animal testing.

DoveInGreyClothing
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:47 PM
I use Lush babyface eyemakeup remover Gorilla, removes even my gothic looking eyeliner!

Gorilla
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:11 PM
thanks Dove, i didn't realise that Babyface could be used for eye make-up, i'll give it a try.

Maisiepaisie
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Co Op jam tarts used to be vegan but now they are not anymore :(

Does anywhere else do vegan jam tarts apart from those "free from" range at tescos which taste nasty?

Pob
Apr 18th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Sainsbury were at some point - not sure if they still are.

saucyvegan
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I have a large co-op just over the road from me...literally 30 paces. I get all my shopping in there. Toilet rolls, bleach, toothpaste, soap, they even have BUAV approved tissue paper!!

lozza
Apr 19th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Um, they sell original source shampoo's in Boots. They did them up a bit so they look kind of snazzier, which is probably why they sold the old stock off cheap and accounts for their disappearance.... But they do contain sodium laurel sulfate, parabens and other such nasties.... Try brands like 'faith in nature' instead. :)

Also..original source is owned by PZ Cussons (animal testers)

lozza
Apr 19th, 2006, 09:33 AM
I only have a little co-op near me, and it has a very small cosmetics/toiletries section :(

my boyfriend went to visit his mum recently (in bury, manchester) and there is a MASSIVE co-op near them, so i told him to go there for me and find me things..i brought me back 2 big bags of goodies :D

also, i was on the bus home yesterday from shopping, and noticed 2 big co-ops on this big long road the bus goes down..so i plan to go back one day and have a bit of an explore :)

Maisiepaisie
Apr 19th, 2006, 03:54 PM
my boyfriend went to visit his mum recently (in bury, manchester) and there is a MASSIVE co-op near them, so i told him to go there for me also, i was on the bus home yesterday from shopping, and noticed 2 big co-ops on this and find me things..i brought me back 2 big bags of goodies :DI live just outside Bury, my sister lives in Glasgow like you. What a coincidence :D

Risker
Apr 19th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Co Op jam tarts used to be vegan but now they are not anymore :(

Does anywhere else do vegan jam tarts apart from those "free from" range at tescos which taste nasty?

Asda do them, I have some now.

Asda Assorted Jam Tarts 12s - 74p
Asda Assorted Jam Tarts 6s - 38p

I don't have a co-op near me, is it still worth me joining?