PDA

View Full Version : Co-op goodies...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

herbwormwood
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I don't have a co-op near me, is it still worth me joining?

No one has to join to shop there, if that is what you were wondering.
You can also get a dividend card to earn cash back without joining.
This reduces the price of their goods a little as you get some money back periodically. Joining just gives you the opportunity to vote at their meetings and receive some freebies now and then, and get invited to their events, and sit on their committees...
The minimum joining fee is £1.00 which is treated like share, as in shareholder.

lozza
Apr 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I live just outside Bury, my sister lives in Glasgow like you. What a coincidence :D

oooh that is weird! :D how cool!

lozza
Apr 24th, 2006, 01:58 PM
i checked out those 2 co-ops i said about.. and one of them was reaaally cool..kinda big with a good toiletries section.

they had a roll on deoderant which i bought, they had their own make shampoos, they had a fake 'pantene' (their own make), they had other stuff, like handwashes, bodysprays, face cream and little bits like that :)

also i got some baby wipes for my face (lol), and anti-bac wipes for the kitchen, i got some kitchen cleaner as well. its really annoying, cos the fabric conditioner is sooo cheap, but they all contain animal in them :( but the detergents dont :)

it was a fun trip :D

Blue moon
Jul 29th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I'm so excited, I just had to share! I found in Coop today ready made CAKES!

Jam Filled Iced Buns to be exact - packs of 5, properly labelled as vegan:p

I've never seen them before, I routinely check in coop 'cause their labelling's fab and I do miss the old jam tarts (not vegan anymore:mad:)

Anyway they're very nice, all 5 were veeeerrrrrry nice:o

Marrers
Jul 29th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I really miss the jam tarts too but thanks for letting us know about these! :cool:

Spud Addict
Jul 29th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Will definitely be paying a visit to the coop tomorrow then! Cheers, Blue moon. :)

sandra
Jul 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks Blue Moon.....................what I wouldn't do for a jam filled iced bun right now! :)

Cattmogg
Jul 29th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

emzy1985
Jul 30th, 2007, 10:16 AM
You are kidding me? YUM! (rings mum who lives next door to co-op!)

sprite1986
Jul 30th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Excellent!! :D

Cattmogg
Jul 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Cake, cake, cake....did someone say CAKE?

Ok, i am off to the co op. I am quite impressed with their biscuit range too. Ver nice, not NICE. ;) (Whatever was the point of them? Yuck, i hate crunchy sugar on biscuits. Chewy yummy cookies are my fav.)

eco
Jul 30th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I'm quite partial to an iced bun, it's been years since I've eaten one as they always seem to have animal fat in them, but no more, whoopee!

Spud Addict
Jul 30th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I had two today and felt quite sick afterwards lol. They also had some gingerbread men in my local coop that were labelled as vegan, they were quite nice.

Good old coop, maybe they will be expanding their vegan cooked cake range...?

xaaronx
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:09 PM
There isn't a co op in my town.. it closed down and now its becoming an ASDA. :(

Blue moon
Aug 30th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I had two today and felt quite sick afterwards lol. They also had some gingerbread men in my local coop that were labelled as vegan, they were quite nice.

Spud Addict, WHERE? I've looked in 4 Coop shops since this, I can't find them! It's becoming an obsession:p Are they next to breads? Biscuits? What do they look like? Packets or individual? (Can you sense the desperation?:D)

Ribbon
Aug 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM

how did i miss this?i love gingerbread men.off to the coop later methinks...

pixeequeen
Aug 30th, 2007, 03:26 PM
ICED BUNS?! how have I not seen this before. I am so friggin excited. Couldnt give a crap about jam tarts would have an iced bun over 20 of the boring tarts anyday :P

beanstew
Aug 30th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I'll add to the recommendations of the Co-op iced buns. They're great and there's a Co-op about two minutes walk from my house. :D

Frosty
Aug 31st, 2007, 01:32 PM
Ooooo, there's a co-op a couple of doors down from my office. Think I'll be paying it a trip on my lunch break today :D

Spud Addict
Aug 31st, 2007, 01:43 PM
Spud Addict, WHERE? I've looked in 4 Coop shops since this, I can't find them! It's becoming an obsession:p Are they next to breads? Biscuits? What do they look like? Packets or individual? (Can you sense the desperation?:D)

In the fresh-baked section, where they have all the Delice de France stuff. It was on the same shelf area, not very obvious but I sniffed them out lol.

The fresh baked stuff is next to the bread section in my local co-op. :)
I will have another look in my local next time I go there. If yours doesn't have any I'll post you some :D

twinkle
Aug 31st, 2007, 01:43 PM
I couldn't find these when I went to one of the Co-ops yesterday. What kind of packaging are they in?

Blue moon
Aug 31st, 2007, 03:56 PM
In the fresh-baked section, where they have all the Delice de France stuff. It was on the same shelf area, not very obvious but I sniffed them out lol.

The fresh baked stuff is next to the bread section in my local co-op. :)
I will have another look in my local next time I go there. If yours doesn't have any I'll post you some :D

Promise???!:p I'm gonna look again, gonna make a special trip to the biggest coop in Bristol this weekend!

Twinkle, the iced buns are in a pack of five, they're finger style so long and thin, white iced, clear sellophane wrapper, near the bagged fresh dougnuts & bread and the like.

Sounds like the gingerbread should be there too... if it's not I'm going to ask the store why!:D

Spud Addict
Aug 31st, 2007, 06:04 PM
The best description I can come up with is a plastic box shaped a bit like this

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:C7KVbYEGAHMcqM:http://www.chinatraderonline.com/Files/Gifts-and-Crafts/Cup/Plastic-Cup/Plastic-Box-2138391131.jpg (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:C7KVbYEGAHMcqM:http://www.chinatraderonline.com/Files/Gifts-and-Crafts/Cup/Plastic-Cup/Plastic-Box-2138391131.jpg)

If you still can't find em I'll be happy to send you some, provided my one still does them. :) Can't have people going without lovely goodies now can we? :D

cobweb
Sep 2nd, 2007, 03:19 PM
i'm desperate for these bleedin iced buns and have searched 3 co-ops to no avail! :mad:
will look again tomorrow................

pixeequeen
Sep 2nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Ditto Cobweb! I've tried 2 and have been thinking about pretty much nothing else since I first read this thread :P I think I did spot whereabouts they would/should be though... the new 'Co-operative bakery' (own brand) stuffs.