PDA

View Full Version : Kale and Gas

grail
Feb 6th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Aiiiieeee!

I ate some lightly steamed kale last night and it wasn't too bad. Better than I remember as a kid. I think the seasoning helped.

Anyway, today, I'm lifting the foundations off my office building. It's so bad, I'm afraid someone will come into my office and keel over. Did I not cook it enough? Should I add something to aid digestion? I feel like I have a bowling ball in my gut.

Is this normal?:eek:

Tigerlily
Feb 7th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Oh yes! Kale does this to me all the time. :)

grail
Feb 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM
It's good stuff, but if it doesn't get easier to digest, I'll only be able to eat it on weekends so I don't kill my coworkers...

KarmaGirl
Feb 7th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I have an iron gut, so nothing bothers me. But, Kale makes my husband gassy. Of course, being male, he finds that a "good" thing......

Tiggerwoo
Feb 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I have an iron gut, so nothing bothers me. But, Kale makes my husband gassy. Of course, being male, he finds that a "good" thing......

Same with my bf. He is so gassy (he is vegetarian by the way) that he would rather eat ready made veggie foods and the stuff I cook with loads of green veg and pulses every other day as he gets really bad gas and bloatedness, whereas I'm fine. Wierd.... must be a male thing! LOL :D

snaffler
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Kale is really nice when stir fryed into other veg with a strong curry paste :p I love the stuff.

grail
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I had it again and discovered something funny. If you chew it a LOT you don't get as gassy. I chewed and chewed though, it was almost rubbery-like.

Tigerlily
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Ginger and cumin are also suppose to help with indigestion, upset stomach, and gas. :) You can season your kale (or any gassy food) with some!

grail
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:57 PM
ooooh, I'll have it with curry tonight!

Tigerlily
Feb 15th, 2006, 11:01 PM
:)

What anime/manga is your icon from? She's very cute!

grail
Feb 16th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Well, it's actually a character from one of my favorite video games (though she looks a lot different in the video game itself because this is just a rendering of her in different clothes, etc.) - MOMO from Xenosaga.

Tigerlily
Feb 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Cool!