PDA

View Full Version : 2 Day Raw food Recipes and Meal Plans

Pages : [1] 2

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Here's the place to share recipes and meal plans for our February 15th raw food excursion :)

The recipes I post will serve 1 person for the 2 days, meaning less food prep!

Here are juice combinations that are both cleansing and nourishing :)

• cucumber, celery, carrot, parsley
• beet, carrot, celery, ginger, lemon
• watermelon, lemon, ginger
• pineapple, cucumber
• pineapple, beet, apple
• cucumber, apple, daikon
• cucumber, lime, cilantro, ginger
• celery, cucumber, green apple, parsley, kale, ginger
• wheatgrass juice and fresh young coconut water

Remember that if you juice it yourself or buy it from a fresh juice bar, it will be raw. Otherwise it will be pasteurized and not truly raw.

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Sea Veggie Pate/Salad

Ingredients:

2 cups almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds, soaked overnight and then rinsed

1/4 cup pure water
1-3 T. dulse Flakes
1/2-1 bunch Parsley
A few pinches of sea salt and cayenne

1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup each, celery and carrots, shredded
3 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. garlic and 2 T. red onion, minced

Place the nuts or seeds in a food processor and process with the pure water and the dulse, until coarsely chopped. Add in the parsley, sea salt and cayenne and process. Mix in the remaining ingredients and serve over shredded cabbage, mixed greens or in cabbage/lettuce leaves. For pate, add all the ingredients together and process until smooth, adding more water as needed until smooth and thick.

Nut/Seed Milk

1 cup almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or cashews, soaked overnight then rinsed

1 quart of pure water, at room temperature
Dash of Celtic sea salt
1/8 cup raisins or 2 dates,pitted and soaked in water
(add cinnamon, ginger or other warming spices as desired or a few raw cacao beans)

Take the rinsed nuts or seeds and place in a blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth. Strain if desired and enjoy in smoothies with fruit, ground flax, sprouted quinoa or alone.

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Mineral-Rich Salad

5 leaves each kale and swiss chard, (preferably rainbow chard), stemmed and sliced, chiffonade with stems *very* thinly sliced
2 T. each olive oil and flaxseed oil, combined
1 lemon and 1 lime, juiced

Combine the above and marinate for 6 hours or overnight. Then, combine the below ingredients and serve immediately.

A few pinches each of sea salt, powdered corriander and cayenne
2 T. each of hemp and sesame seeds
2 T. Raw Tahini
1 thinly sliced red pepper, seeded
10 baby pear tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, cut into halves

Tastes really great stuffed into savoy or napa cabbage or romaine leaves with a bit of sliced avocado and Sea Veggie Pate.

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Gaspacho

2 tomatoes, chopped
A drizzle of olive oil
1 lime, juiced
1/3 a bunch cilantro
1 green onion, sliced
1 clove peeled garlic
1 cucumber, chopped
1/3 a jalapeno, sliced
A few pinches salt, pepper, cumin, corriander

Process/ Blend it all in a food processor with a bit of water as needed until it is the desired consistency and enjoy.

Serve in avocado halves for a real treat! Add sprouted quinoa for a fuller meal.

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Raw Marinara Sauce

10 raw sundried tomatoes and 2 pitted dates, soaked in warm water overnight
1 fresh tomato, chopped
1/2 a stalk of celery, chopped
1/2 a carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1-2 T. raw olive oil
1/2 an onion, chopped
A few pinches sea salt, cayenne and pepper

Blend all of the sauce ingredients in a blender or Food Processor, adding a bit of water as needed, 1 tsp. at a time.

Slice 4 zucchini with a potato peeler or spiralize in a "saladacco" spiralizer to make the “pasta” and pour the sauce over it. Let marinate for a few hours or overnight. Garnish with ample drizzles of raw pesto.

Raw Pesto

1 bunch basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
4 T. raw olive oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
3 T. pinenuts
2 T. cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
A few pinches salt and pepper

Blend all of the ingredients in a blender or Food Processor, adding a bit of water as needed, 1 tsp. at a time.

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Raw Banana Ice Cream

4-6 medium- bananas, sliced and frozen
4-6 dates, pitted and chopped or 2 T. raw agave
1/2 a vanilla bean, scraped

Combine the above in a food processor and puree. Add a bit of pure water or fresh juice or coconut water as needed to desired consistency.

If a carob/chocolate treat is desired, add the following:

1/3 cup raw carob (or several ground raw cacao beans)
4-6 dates, pitted and chopped or 2 T. raw agave and puree very well.

Place this back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, stir well and serve If you let if refreeze, simply puree again before serving.

Optional: 1/4 cup flaxseed, ground to thicken and add protein, good fats and fiber. To turn it into a smoothie, add nut/seed milk and to turn it into a complete meal, add raw hemp protein powder!

strawberry
Feb 7th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Wow conscious these all sound so yummy!

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 01:29 AM
So, with fruits, veggies, seeds, nuts, smoothies and salads added in, these recipes are more than enough for a 2 day raw plan that has adequate calories and a variety of needed nutrients.

Anyone else who has 100% raw recipes (no miso, Braggs, nutritional yeast etc.) please feel free to share!

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Wow conscious these all sound so yummy!

catmogg
Feb 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I'm super excited but CC, whats...

dulse flakes
swiss chard
chiffonade
cilantro
agave

:o :o

Tiggerwoo
Feb 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM
These recipes look great. I'm looking forward to it!

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I'm super excited but CC, whats...

dulse flakes
swiss chard
chiffonade
cilantro
agave

:o :o

Dulse flakes are seaweed. You can use kelp or another finely flaked/sliced seaweed :)

Swiss chard is a green, much like kale but not as fiberous; use kale or spinach if you can't find chard ;)

Chiffonade means "very thinly sliced into ribbons" :)

Cilantro is fresh corriander. You can use parsley if you like but the flavor won't be the same (you can use any fresh herb, really, depending on what you like) :D

Agave nectar is a rich, sweet syrup that is available raw and is made from cactus ;)

mophoto
Feb 7th, 2006, 09:10 PM
thanks for the recipes. my sister and my friend are going to join me on this. i wanted some interesting stuff to prepare for them, they were thinking more along the lines of plain old salad, veggies and fruit. i knew that wouldn't happen:)

mophoto
Feb 7th, 2006, 09:12 PM
is all agave nectar raw? i'll have to check mine when i get off work.

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Tigerwoo and Mophoto this will be fun! Mophoto, it's so cool that your friend and sister are joining in! :D

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 09:15 PM
is all agave nectar raw? i'll have to check mine when i get off work. No, it will be marked as "Raw" if it is raw. Soaked dates, pureed work very well as a sweetener and cost less than agave too;)

tabitha
Feb 7th, 2006, 10:12 PM
My husband is going to do it as well:D

DancingWillow
Feb 7th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for all the great recipes, cc! I'm really excited about this now:D

Tiggerwoo
Feb 7th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Found this on the net while looking up raw recipes, sounds pretty good and easy to do also and very nutritious

Brown Rice In Curry Sauce

1/2 cup of brown rice (must be brown)
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 lb. carrots
1/2 small beet
1 stalk celery
Chinese spinach (when juiced thickens sauce- could use soaked flax seeds
instead)
1 clove garlic grated
1/2 small onion chopped finely
olive oil
mung bean greens
Soak brown rice in plenty water for 12 hours. Drain. Mix in chopped bean greens and place in serving dish. In a glass place onion,garlic and any other desired seasoning greens. Just cover these with olive oil and let soak. In another glass mix curry powder with enough olive oil to make into a paste. Juice beet, carrots and celery and chinese spinach. Add curry paste to juice and mix well. Pour curry sauce into serving sauce bowl.

thecatspajamas1
Feb 8th, 2006, 02:33 AM
I like the pineapple/cucumber combination. Mostly because those are the only ones available in my cafeteria.

(I'll be doing salads and fruit smoothies for my raw days. And if I can find any raw nuts in the school store...)

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 8th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Found this on the net while looking up raw recipes, sounds pretty good and easy to do also and very nutritious

Brown Rice In Curry Sauce

1/2 cup of brown rice (must be brown)
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 lb. carrots
1/2 small beet
1 stalk celery
Chinese spinach (when juiced thickens sauce- could use soaked flax seeds
instead)
1 clove garlic grated
1/2 small onion chopped finely
olive oil
mung bean greens
Soak brown rice in plenty water for 12 hours. Drain. Mix in chopped bean greens and place in serving dish. In a glass place onion,garlic and any other desired seasoning greens. Just cover these with olive oil and let soak. In another glass mix curry powder with enough olive oil to make into a paste. Juice beet, carrots and celery and chinese spinach. Add curry paste to juice and mix well. Pour curry sauce into serving sauce bowl.

That sounds yummy! Please post a link to where you found it :)

Here's what I would do with similar ingredients: I would make it with 1/2 the amount of carrots and shred them, substitute flax oil for the olive and omit the brown rice and use 1/2 a cup mung bean sprouts and 1/2 a cup quinoa sprouts instead so it would be just 2 servings (my size servings which is probably 4 servings for others ), I would press the garlic clove and add 1 T. tahini, 1/2 a lime, juiced and puree 1 young coconut and add it to the mix...oh, and I wouldn't juice those other veggies, I would shred, mince and spiral slice them and add them to the whole mix of curry, onion, oil etc.

LittleMissVegan
Feb 8th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Wow these sound great CC!!!

Tiggerwoo
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Here's the link to where I found the recipe I posted earlier. It has loads of other good ones and advice too.

http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 24th, 2006, 02:23 PM
*bump*

thecatspajamas1
Feb 24th, 2006, 08:03 PM
what's *bump* mean? i always see that :)