Trust u to be on this thread FR!!!!!!!!
I like what FR compared falafel to in a different thread lol

tabitha
Apr 21st, 2006, 05:11 PM

I think he'd been meeting the wrong kind of women though....:D

Tigerlily
Apr 21st, 2006, 05:57 PM
Lucky old you! E-mail me a couple of yours, will you? I could just fancy a falafel at the moment :D

Sure! My aunt makes them, she's amazing at it. Hers are even better than the falafel I had in falafel restaurants in the Middle East!

FR
Apr 21st, 2006, 06:45 PM
You can also make them with a combination of chick peas and fava beans. They seem even better with that combination.

FYI, falafel isn't an animal meat substitute, just like seiten, tempeh, and tofu aren't. They are stand alone food items. The origin of falafel is said to date back to the Egyptian desert nomads who then introduced them to Asian Arabs, and Asian Hebrews.

saucyvegan
Apr 21st, 2006, 06:53 PM

Do YOU see the connection Juice?

Juice
Apr 21st, 2006, 07:41 PM
Do YOU see the connection Juice?
No... but I don't remember if he was saying they literally taste the same, or if he was just saying he enjoys the flavor of falafel just as much as the other. I'd have to go back and re-read the original post.

I don't think anything else compares to that other juice. ;)

Xenakicksass
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:03 PM
I love Falafal! there is a great recipe for them in the "garden of vegan" cook book. It uses canned chick peas and it works very well. You shallow fry these one's too. Gorgeous

FR
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:11 PM
No... but I don't remember if he was saying they literally taste the same, or if he was just saying he enjoys the flavor of falafel just as much as the other. I'd have to go back and re-read the original post.

I don't think anything else compares to that other juice. ;)

No, no, no. What I said was falafel smells similar to some of the gal’s _____ that I’ve been with in the past. There was either a falafel smell (which is good) no smell (again, good), a soap fruity scent smell (good again), or a fish smell (BAD!!!!).

It's the cumin in falafel actually. If you have cumin around, smell it, and see if you think it’s similar. :p

saucyvegan
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:27 PM
Cringe

tabitha
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:32 PM
Cringe

As well you might cringe my girl.....

TofurkyZombie
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:12 PM
I just ate a falafel. It is good. Who wouldn't want to eat falafels?!?!?

Juice
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:18 PM
No, no, no. What I said was falafel smells similar to some of the galís _____ that Iíve been with in the past. There was either a falafel smell (which is good) no smell (again, good), a soap fruity scent smell (good again), or a fish smell (BAD!!!!).

It's the cumin in falafel actually. If you have cumin around, smell it, and see if you think itís similar. :p
when I get home you can bet I'm raiding the spice cabinet to see for myself. :p

puffin
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:18 PM
As well you might cringe my girl.....
Lol :D

Wildflower
Apr 22nd, 2006, 05:34 AM
It's the cumin in falafel actually. If you have cumin around, smell it, and see if you think itís similar. :p

Going to smell my cumin jar...:p

OK, it smelled like chilli powder to me, but my boyfriend agrees with you! He said it is a metallic kinda smell...:o

You learn something everyday...:rolleyes:

Roxy
Apr 22nd, 2006, 05:47 AM
Okay, I just smelled my cumin jar too. Sorry - I don't smell the connection.

JustPeachy
Apr 25th, 2006, 03:03 AM
I've always made mine with red beans, or mixed with chick peas. Personally, I chop some onion and garlic, mix it with the pre heated beans and mash them together, put some basil, different herbs and lemon juice. I cook them on a pan with margarine, otherwise, they don't stick together.

But I make the best hummus ever, I think I suck with falafel, but I'd love if someone made me some.

gogs67
Apr 27th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I bought a packet of falafel mix the other day for the 1st time (the mix that is,i love falafel) but i added about 6 or 7 garlic cloves and a tablespoon of lemon juice and a touch of tobasco.As i dont have a deep fryer i put olive oil in a small backing tray and filled it with the mix and baked it for 20 mins.
What i endedup with was a delicious falafel cake that i just cut strips off and scooped up humous with for the next day or so!:D

FR
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Going to smell my cumin jar...:p

OK, it smelled like chilli powder to me, but my boyfriend agrees with you! He said it is a metallic kinda smell...:o

You learn something everyday...:rolleyes:

See, us men know!!