PDA

View Full Version : Almost raw food: recipes

Pages : 1 [2]

Peas'nHominy
Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:36 AM
Ooo--weeee, AA, that looks sooooo good!! :D Hey, you inspire me. I'm going to join you in having only raw foods once a week. ;)

Well, something's come up which also has influenced my decision. I even wonder if I should go raw for more than one day a week. Here's the situation:

I was sitting outside with Danny (black lab), and he was acting VERY different. I was sitting in a chair and he kept getting up right in my face - I mean, eye-to-eye and nose-to-nose kind of thing. He'd smell my face, get down, make a circle, get back in my face, lick my face all over, get back down -- on and on. At one point he put his paws up on my shoulders and looked me square in the eyes, sniffed and licked my face, then looked me square in the eyes again, still keeping his paws on my shoulders. He NEVER acts likes this.

I knew Danny was trying to tell me something. I took a good look at my face in a mirror, and discovered some..."thing" on the skin on my nose. It's not just a pimple, either. I called my mom and found out that, at my age, she, and her mother at my age, developed skin cancer on their noses. Freaky, huh?

I told my husband about Danny's behavior and what my mother told me. He reminded me that dogs can sense things that we can't, and that I had better get to the doctor about it.

Well, I guess I'll go to a dermatologist now. In the meantime, I've heard that going raw helps with all kinds of problems, including cancers.

I'm not worried about it, but I guess I'd better take it seriously. Danny acted like he wanted to nip at my nose, and I think I'd rather have a doctor do it!! :rolleyes:

On the Coast
Oct 22nd, 2005, 02:43 AM
This restaurant just opened in my neck of the woods; --> La Vie (http://www.lavie.us/)
You can peruse their menu to maybe give you some ideas. Our Vegan and Veggie Meetup just went there, and it was crazy good - :D. They are very nice folks to, so I bet if you emailed them, they would send you some recipe ideas - :)

adam antichrist
Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:17 AM
Ooo--weeee, AA, that looks sooooo good!! :D Hey, you inspire me. I'm going to join you in having only raw foods once a week. ;)

Well, something's come up which also has influenced my decision. I even wonder if I should go raw for more than one day a week. Here's the situation:

I was sitting outside with Danny (black lab), and he was acting VERY different. I was sitting in a chair and he kept getting up right in my face - I mean, eye-to-eye and nose-to-nose kind of thing. He'd smell my face, get down, make a circle, get back in my face, lick my face all over, get back down -- on and on. At one point he put his paws up on my shoulders and looked me square in the eyes, sniffed and licked my face, then looked me square in the eyes again, still keeping his paws on my shoulders. He NEVER acts likes this.

I knew Danny was trying to tell me something. I took a good look at my face in a mirror, and discovered some..."thing" on the skin on my nose. It's not just a pimple, either. I called my mom and found out that, at my age, she, and her mother at my age, developed skin cancer on their noses. Freaky, huh?

I told my husband about Danny's behavior and what my mother told me. He reminded me that dogs can sense things that we can't, and that I had better get to the doctor about it.

Well, I guess I'll go to a dermatologist now. In the meantime, I've heard that going raw helps with all kinds of problems, including cancers.

I'm not worried about it, but I guess I'd better take it seriously. Danny acted like he wanted to nip at my nose, and I think I'd rather have a doctor do it!! :rolleyes:

Don't be worried Peas, my mum has had tonnes of little skin things dealt with and they have never spread.

I don't wish to alarm you, but my friend who is a vegan radiologist works with many people who have terminal cancers. She says that often people come in and the tumour (in the breast for example) is so bad it has broken through the skin and has a teriible smell.

Perhaps the pup can smell the spot, in which case I'd keep him close by all the time! :)

PumpkinGuy
Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:23 AM
I want to compliment Adam on his salad. That looks really appetizing!

When my partner gets home next week, I want to try this raw restaurant in San Francisco. I understand that presentation is a big part of the experience and according to the website, this place is exquisite. Quite honestly, presentation should be a HUGE part of any dining experience. As you can imagine my friends know I'm a food snob.

You get an A, Adam :)

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 22nd, 2005, 04:30 AM
If it's Juliano's you are going to, be prepared for crappy, petulant service , unskilled workers, and a severly overpriced meal.

PumpkinGuy
Oct 22nd, 2005, 05:41 PM
If it's Juliano's you are going to, be prepared for crappy, petulant service , unskilled workers, and a severly overpriced meal.

Actually that wasn't the one. I think I'll stay away from it! Have you gone to Cafe Gratitude? Please don't say Cafe Attitude, such an obvious pun!

adam antichrist
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Today was my second raw food friday. No pics today, because I was busy studying and didn't make anything too special.

Breakfast: orange and mandarine segments.

Lunch: guacomale with cucumber and carrot in a pita (yes I know)

Dinner: variations on lunch with dried fruit for dessert.

I really need a food processor or juicer so I can get more variety in my meals :( .

Can't wait till my exams are over, then I can do a detox diet and I won't have to incorporate flour to prevent feeling ill late in the day.

Peas'nHominy
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Okay, this is not a recipe, but I was kinda surprised -- did the raw thang the other day and dropped 3.5 pounds. Thought that was weird, but I wasn't hungry and I felt great. I felt so good I think I'll go raw for more than once a week. :)

abrennan
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:44 PM
shouldn't eat no beans plain raw, to eat em em raw should sprout em. then they're perfect. Peanuts are in this catagory too. They aren't nuts they're legumes.:eek:

Peas'nHominy
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Hello Adam,
Re: skin cancers. Look up 'essiac tea' on line and use sheeps sorrel on the skin cancer. Essiac tea is a natural herb mixture which was passed down from the Objibwa indians to a woman with breast cancer and she was cured. The nurse who was tending her tried it on other of her patients and they were healed. The sheeps sorrel is the herb. you drink the tea. You make a tea out of plain sheeps sorrel without the other herbs and you apply the poultice every day. It takes three months for the skin cancer to go but it's worth a try. If you want to try it, the herbs are available online anywhere. I don't know if your name 'AntiChrist' means just that, but if so. go to hallelujah acres, miss out the religious stuff. and read how Reverend Malkamus healed himself of cancer. His secret was wheatgrass juice every day and 8 glasses of carrot juice each day. plus raw foods. Give it a try. Also, look up 'Dr. Ann Wigmore' read the good news for cancer sufferers.
God bless you and your family.
Phil
Wow, that's really interesting. Thanks Phil (I'm the one with the possible issue...I still haven't made an appointment...I just HATE going to doctors... :rolleyes: )

Peas'nHominy
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Woe, I just got it ... 8 glasses of carrot juice? I'm not sure I could do it :D I guess I should try, though? Hmmm...

treehugga
Nov 12th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Adam
Here is a recipe for a raw food avocado lemon mousse.
Warning Mr Will Robinson ..very rich:)

Avocado lemon mousse

2 avocados
juice and rind of 1 lemon
1 cup dates
some sweetener if desired

Process until smoothe and refridgerate

I can only eat small amounts of this at a time, but find it useful when I have cravings for sweet food.

catmogg
Jan 8th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks everybody for your input. :)

Today is my first ever raw food friday!!!!

For brekky I just had pineapple, mandarin and orange chooped up (couldn't believe I was full from just one each and a few slices of pi9neapple!).

For lunch, here is my first ever raw food creation:

http://static.flickr.com/32/54483908_e58fd4df5a_o.jpg

This is mashed avocado and bana on a bed of cos lettuce. I put some lime juice and the little green endy bits off broccoli into the mash, placed it on top of the lettuce as well as some chunky tomato and celery then garnished with banana slices, red grapes, alfalfa sprouts and a celery leaf cause I'm an artist mate an artist.

And I forgot the carrot! Oh well, it did need colour on top and I was thinking it was a pity I didn't buy a nice red or yellow pepper (don't really like them raw) forgetting I have a fridge full of fresh carrots.

Tonight I hope to try one of your recipes, but only if I have time. I have to get an assignment finished now. Thanks again everybody!

Adam, come back!! I've only just seen this and i've decided i need to elope to Australia to be with you......