PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Oyster Mushrooms

Northchild
Feb 9th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Just something small I discovered, forgive me if it's been mentioned. If you thinly coat the bottom of a glass baking pan with olive oil, then put a couple of layers of oyster mushrooms down, followed by soy sauce, (I prefer La Choy), until you've covered all the surfaces and then a couple of tablespoons for good measure, and add salt or garlic salt if you like it, you end up with a tasty snack. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. :)

Mr Flibble
Feb 9th, 2006, 09:27 AM
it's pretty similar with most mushrooms - cook with oil, soy sauce and seasoning. I normally mix up light soy sauce, tamari and vegan worchester sauce. They can be done just as effectively in a pan on a normal stove, or cooked whole (once marinated for a few minutes) on a barbeque grill until the mushrooms expell their moisture. Once cooked like this oyster mushrooms are particularly good on lightly toasted crusty bread with fresh basil and good quality balsamic reduction.

Mystic
Feb 9th, 2006, 01:27 PM
There is something creepy, IMO, about oyster mushrooms. I just don't like the look of those wierd things :eek: