PDA

View Full Version : Any Atlanta Folks Here?

Atlanta Newbie
Aug 12th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Hi there, I'm a 34-year-old guy in Atlanta. I became a vegetarian (vegan-leaning) for ethical reasons about two months ago. Unfortunately I don't know any other vegetarians so it's been a little challenging, at least when I'm away from home. Just wondering if there are any other local folks here who can point me toward any social/support resources. Thanks! :)

(BTW, I live in the suburbs of N Fulton to be more specific, but would love to hear from folks anywhere in the area.)

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 12th, 2004, 02:49 AM
I am not from Atlanta but I'd love to visit someday...

Atlanta Newbie
Aug 12th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Drop me a line if you ever do. I visited San Diego about a year ago for the first time. Really nice place. :)

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 12th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Yes, I am a Native and thus biased!

I will surely let ya know when I do! You can help me out with suggestions as to good eats and such! I'll do the same if you come back! I write for a Women's Magazine and can get you free passes to cool stuff in the Hillcrest Area too...(that's the Gay-friendliest part of town and the best place for social, cultural and culinary delights!)

Atlanta Newbie
Aug 14th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Wow, thanks for the offer... that sounds really cool. I actually visited the Hillcrest area when I was in San Diego... nice place! Unfortunately I wasn't yet vegetarian at the time... I've heard that So. California is an especially vegan-friendly area?