PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Lunch Box up for 6th Annual Weblog Awards

Pages : [1] 2

gertvegan
Jan 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM
From http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com

My little Vegan Lunch Box is an honest-to-God finalist for Best Food Blog in the 6th Annual Weblog Awards (aka the "Bloggies")!

Check it out and vote for me here (scroll down the page to "best food weblog", click on Vegan Lunch Box, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit "Submit your nominations!").

And remember, "A Vote For Me is a Vote For Veganism"! Really, it's so cool seeing a vegan site up there contending with omnis. It's like when I enter my vegan cookies at the county fair. Only, you know, bigger.

Click here (http://2006.bloggies.com/) to vote. ;)

twinkle
Jan 24th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Well-deserved, too :)

Alpha Jerk
Jan 24th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Love your site, I'm voting right now.

PercysLion
Jan 24th, 2006, 07:56 PM
This is amazingly cool! You deserve every honor you get. I'm passing it on to my family, friends, and coworkers. I'm also voting for you for the bloggies!

Way to get the word out there!

Jane M
Jan 25th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Love that site! Yep, I voted and I really hope it wins!!!!

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 25th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Good for her! Beautiful! :)

peaches22
Jan 25th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Those lunches are so cute! She is officially the coolest mom ever! She makes her kids want to eat vegetables! :D

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 25th, 2006, 04:21 AM
They *are* cute, but so tiny! Makes me feel like my family are Godzilla-monster-voracious-vegan-eaters :o as our portions are so much larger!

RockyRaccoon
Jan 25th, 2006, 10:55 AM
I've placed my vote. Her site is inspirational, so many good ideas. Now I just wish I could get a lunch box like that in the UK!

Jane M
Jan 31st, 2006, 12:03 AM
Just a reminder for those who haven't voted yet...tomorrow is the last day to vote!!!!!

VeganLiz
Jan 31st, 2006, 12:09 AM
I've voted too ... and feeling very hungry now!

Liz x

Tigerlily
Jan 31st, 2006, 12:50 AM
They *are* cute, but so tiny! Makes me feel like my family are Godzilla-monster-voracious-vegan-eaters :o as our portions are so much larger!

But her child is only 6...

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:36 AM
But her child is only 6...
I guess you didn't see the day I did where she showed her lunch box with identical portion sizes... :confused:

Tigerlily
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:38 AM
Yeah, I just did. Weird.

Yoggy
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:37 AM
I guess you didn't see the day I did where she showed her lunch box with identical portion sizes... :confused:
Not sure I understand what you mean....

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:43 AM
Not sure I understand what you mean.... She packed a lunch for herself *and* her son with the exact same portion sizes;it's on her page, it can't be missed if you call it up.

Yoggy
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:57 AM
Ok now I understand :D . I thought that "she showed her lunch box with identical portion sizes" meant that she showed her son's lunch box with identical portions sizes, and I was thinking, "Identical to what?" But I get it now ;)

Glossgirl
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:32 PM
That blog was an inspiration :)

My mum who is not a vegetarian, was standing over me and reading together with me from the blog. She commented that she felt bad over the lunchbox she made to me. :( I told her that I liked the food and she replied that I didnt get healthy food. I hope it rang a bell for her, because she has alway said it's unhealthy being vegetarian. :eek:

Pilaf
Jan 31st, 2006, 04:17 PM
Oh no..am I too late? I see no place to vote!! :(

PercysLion
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:34 PM
I see no place to vote!! :(

On the Weblog award page, you have to scroll down pretty far. i think i just did a search for the name of the site.

Now what I want to know is: where can I get one of those awesome lunchboxes. I recycle my plastic bags, but they eventually do go to a landill. Tupperare is just too bulky, but those built in compartments are nice!

I love compartments!

Pilaf
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:38 PM
Okay. Thanks. The deed is now done.

GO VEGANS!! *assembles super Vegan Rangers and makes goofy poses*

EDIT: Thanks to this post, I've discovered some pretty cool blogs such as "Geeks make me hot" and "Go fug yourself" XD

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:54 PM
Now what I want to know is: where can I get one of those awesome lunchboxes.
She tells you where to get them on her webblog. Some Whole Foods carry them as well. I am not sure if they are available in the US and UK.

Pilaf
Jan 31st, 2006, 06:32 PM
I want that vegan "ham" and I want it NOW. :D

grail
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:17 PM
You guys have to check out the lunches this lady is making her kids. So yummy! And cute, too!

http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/ (http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/)

Jane M
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I love this site! I am really gonna be upset when little shmoo goes on summer vacation though. Maybe we can sign him up for summer school????