PDA

View Full Version : Vegan ice cream?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

jalapeno
Mar 26th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I tried the most incredible vegan ice cream last week at Whole Foods...it's called Nada Moo and it is made with coconut milk..it has just about five or six ingredients and is flavored with agave. It is absolutely the best vegan ice cream I have ever had! It is an Austin, TX based company. Here is their site: http://nadamoo.com/

I tried the strawberry flavor last week and am eager to pick up another flavor in the next day or so!

Roxy
Mar 26th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Mmmm that sounds awesome! I wonder if it's available in Whole Foods in Canada. I'll have to check next time I'm over that way. :)

sponge
Mar 26th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I tried the most incredible vegan ice cream last week at Whole Foods...

I so want a Whole Foods here. :rolleyes::(

ellaminnowpea
Mar 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I'm suprised your still alive - get down to the nearest wholefoods asap. :eek:

hahaha yeah lol. i think the nearest one is like four hours :rolleyes:
i guess ill have to settle for trying to make some muffins or cookies for now.

veggiecheerleader
Mar 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Mmmm chocolate soy dream is so good :]
I also love all the rice dream flavors, and tofutti cuties are the BEST THINGS EVER!!!
I brought some to class once for a party, and everybody loved them :)

Haniska
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:09 PM
i'm not that impressed by the neapolitan swedish glace. why is it that the chocolate flavour in neapolitan ice cream always tastes slightly alcoholic?? whereas the normal chocolate stuff is really good. don't get me wrong, it's still really nice, i just prefer the standard vanilla myself :D

It does! WTF?

bryzee86
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:16 PM
Hi Michael............I bought that Booja stuff a couple of months ago and was really disappointed in it. I really prefer the Swedish Glace, it has a much more creamy texture. I ended up throwing the Booja stuff out as no one wanted to eat it! :(

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!???!

TheAlterEgo
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Booja Booja is icky Bryzee! Swedish Glace is the best by far! I'm going to get a bowl of the new vanilla stuff now! Yummmmmmmmy :)

bryzee86
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:28 PM
yeah, vanilla swedish glace, but booja booja beats it in the chocolate stakes.

though actually So Delicious in the USA is better...

TheAlterEgo
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:30 PM
I've never tried So Delicious. We don't get much here in Norn Iron. Maybe one day when we finally get the bales of hay and pigs off the streets folk will take us seriously and start sending more delicious vegan stuff our way :)

Ps Booja Booja is poo! :D

bryzee86
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:42 PM
You're poo!

P.S. Go to New York AT ONCE! Plenty o'veganness there.

TheAlterEgo
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:44 PM
*Cries a bit at bryzee's comment*

If I had the money I'd be there! I hear Rome has a nice little vegan restaurant though. I'm going there in September :)

sandra
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:59 PM
You're poo!

Cries because Bryzee said my daughter was poo! :(:(

bryzee86
Mar 31st, 2008, 10:08 PM
don't make me start on you!

ellaminnowpea
Apr 1st, 2008, 02:45 AM
Sandra, TheAlterEgo is your daughter?!?
YAY!!

sandra
Apr 1st, 2008, 05:45 AM
:D Yes she is ella..........she tries to keep it secret but I mention it at every opportunity! :D

sandra
Apr 1st, 2008, 06:57 AM
don't make me start on you!

Ooooo......Bryzee! Promises, promises! ;):D

buttons
Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but Sanitarium's So Good ice cream is quite good. I have to say though, the mango and coconut flavour is a lot less legume-based-ice-confection-y than the chocolate!

aubergine
Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
...booja booja beats it in the chocolate stakes...

Equal scoops of Chocolate and Coconut Booja Booja is a wonderful combination.

yum
Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
I didn't like the booja booja chocolate but a coconut flavoured one sounds good to me! I've just eaten nearly a whole tub of the neopolitan swedish glace ice cream.. and it's a BIG tub! So i recommend that :D

bryzee86
Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Equal scoops of Chocolate and Coconut Booja Booja is a wonderful combination.

well if I get this job, this sounds like a treat that HAS to be had!

maikeru
Apr 16th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Has anyone tried B'Nice rice ice cream? I saw it for the first time in the Crystal Palace health store today. In the end I decided against it as I was also my first time seeing the new Swedish Glace Wild Blueberry flavour.

And I was not going to turn down the chance to try that for yet another chocolate one.

Michael.

Marrers
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I really like the B'Nice chocolate one. The vanilla is good too.

What was the blueberry like?

Roxy
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I've not tried that particular brand, but I have tried rice cream before. It's definately not as creamy as soy icecream, but it's still very nice.

Marrers
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I actually thought this one was creamier. Than Swedish Glace anyway.