PDA

View Full Version : Vegan ice cream?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

xErasedCitizenx
Apr 21st, 2008, 10:41 PM

bryzee86
Apr 21st, 2008, 11:08 PM
Has anyone tried B'Nice rice ice cream? I saw it for the first time in the Crystal Palace health store today. In the end I decided against it as I was also my first time seeing the new Swedish Glace Wild Blueberry flavour.

And I was not going to turn down the chance to try that for yet another chocolate one.

Michael.

It is well good. especially the strawberry one.

Marrers
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:10 AM
I'm going back a bit but I really miss the coffee marshmallow tofutti. :(

Ara
Apr 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i just had some of the new recipie vanilla swedish glace. It's awful!! and it leaves a nasty taste/feeling in the back of my mouth. I miss the old one :( let's hope the others are better....

Ara
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Just had the blueberry one, not impressed either :/

Does anyone else find that they have a funny texture on their teeth??

RedWellies
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Has anyone tried B'Nice rice ice cream?.Yes, at the Bristol and London fayres. I even queued for it as it's so nice. The chocolate is miles better than the Swedish Glace choc.

bryzee86
Apr 30th, 2008, 10:07 PM
so true, rw

confusionisben
May 1st, 2008, 11:05 PM
I still haven't tried vegan ice cream. Need to get some in, i know supermarket in town does Swedish Glace Vanilla. Seeing everyone hovering around the ice cream van makes me a tad jealous.

Can you get vegan ice cream cones? I was thinking this the other day. What exactly is an ice cream cone, like, what is it made of, sugar?

Marrers
May 1st, 2008, 11:45 PM
You can get vegan chocolate covered ice cream lollies and vegan 'corneto' type swedish glace. Check out your local health food shop.

Tigerlily
May 2nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
I still haven't tried vegan ice cream. Need to get some in, i know supermarket in town does Swedish Glace Vanilla. Seeing everyone hovering around the ice cream van makes me a tad jealous.

Can you get vegan ice cream cones? I was thinking this the other day. What exactly is an ice cream cone, like, what is it made of, sugar?

The plain, empty cones? Usually just flour and sugar.

bryzee86
May 2nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
most cones over here have whey or some other icky substance in, but you can get the odd ones (I got some in Lidl, and some in H&B) that are okay.

sandra
May 2nd, 2008, 09:02 AM
I think Sainsbury's cones are suitable too! :)

bryzee86
May 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
a trip to Sainsburys is on the cards then!

I'vegot Swedish Glace waiting to be nommed.

confusionisben
May 3rd, 2008, 02:05 PM
Wow. I just tried Swedish Glace Vanilla.
Tastes fantastic. Shame the tub is a little small for my likings.

erfoud
May 5th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Hell! How come I stumbled upon this thread? You make me drool with envy! Spain is a bloody wasteland for vegans!

kuro
May 5th, 2008, 11:02 PM
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i just had some of the new recipie vanilla swedish glace. It's awful!! and it leaves a nasty taste/feeling in the back of my mouth. I miss the old one :( let's hope the others are better....

Yeah, I agree! It's not nice anymore. :(

I like the new Neapolitan though, it's soo yummy!

maikeru
May 18th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Strawberry B'Nice is okay. Not really a flavour I would normally go for but it was that or vanilla, and I already had some SG vanilla. It is more chewy than creamy (or is that just my freezer?), but I would not say it is any better or worse than any other ice cream.

A silly name though, so henceforth I shall call it that Belgian ice cream.

Michael.

lunakitty0823
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:30 AM
On a whim, I decided to try the brand "Purely Decadent" Dairy Free non-daily frozen dessert (organic). It comes in the little pint like ben & jerry's does. I bought the peanut butter zig-zag flavor and almost fell over at how good it was. :eek: (peanut butter and chocolate, you can't get better than that.) They have a website from what I am reading on the pkg (www.purelydecadent.com (http://www.purelydecadent.com)).
My husband, who is not vegan :(, tried a big spoonfull and said if that brand was around, he wouldn't eat real ice-cream again.... and he is an ice-cream-a-holic! WOOHOO! And my slightly PMS-ing daughter (who is vegan) pretty much play-tackled me to the ground to eat the pint... LOL!
They had a bunch of other flavors, too! It's main ingrediant is organic soymilk.
Good luck with your search!

bryzee86
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:23 PM
On a whim, I decided to try the brand "Purely Decadent" Dairy Free non-daily frozen dessert (organic). It comes in the little pint like ben & jerry's does. I bought the peanut butter zig-zag flavor and almost fell over at how good it was. :eek: (peanut butter and chocolate, you can't get better than that.) They have a website from what I am reading on the pkg (www.purelydecadent.com (http://www.purelydecadent.com)).
My husband, who is not vegan :(, tried a big spoonfull and said if that brand was around, he wouldn't eat real ice-cream again.... and he is an ice-cream-a-holic! WOOHOO! And my slightly PMS-ing daughter (who is vegan) pretty much play-tackled me to the ground to eat the pint... LOL!
They had a bunch of other flavors, too! It's main ingrediant is organic soymilk.

:( I wanna go back to the USA..... That peanut butter one was sooo damn good. It took us a whole evening to polish off a tub.

The gluten-free cookie dough one was good too.

lunakitty0823
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
It took us a whole evening to polish off a tub.

The gluten-free cookie dough one was good too.

it took you an EVENING? hee hee took us about 10 mins... oh man, I think it was some sort of hormonal teenage rampage my daughter was going thru. lol

I will have to check out the cookie dough one too! MMMMM!:p

heat13
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM

Have you tried the Purely Decadent COCONUT MILK flavored ice creams? They are brand new! I can only find them at Whole Foods so far.... but it is worth the search- these are BY FAR the BEST store bought vegan ice creams ever! They have 4 different flavors and they are all made with organic coconut milk sweetened with agave syrup (no refined sugars). The chocolate chip cookie dough is AWESOME! If you can find it, you MUST try it:D

Edit: Here is the company's website (Turtle Mountain- they make the Soy Delicious ice creams too)
http://www.turtlemountain.com/

sinarei
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Have you tried the Purely Decadent COCONUT MILK flavored ice creams? They are brand new! I can only find them at Whole Foods so far.... but it is worth the search- these are BY FAR the BEST store bought vegan ice creams ever! They have 4 different flavors and they are all made with organic coconut milk sweetened with agave syrup (no refined sugars). The chocolate chip cookie dough is AWESOME! If you can find it, you MUST try it:D

Edit: Here is the company's website (Turtle Mountain- they make the Soy Delicious ice creams too)
http://www.turtlemountain.com/

Ooh, I saw these last time I went to Whole Foods and came so close to buying one. They sound really good!

heat13
Jun 22nd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Ooh, I saw these last time I went to Whole Foods and came so close to buying one. They sound really good!

You won't be disappointed- I think they're even better than Soy Delicious:)

Gorilla
Jun 30th, 2008, 10:53 AM
i finally managed to get hold of some of the new wild blueberry flavour Swedish Glace - it took ages to come into the stores here for some reason. it's really good :)

cherrievegan
Jun 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
i finally managed to get hold of some of the new wild blueberry flavour Swedish Glace - it took ages to come into the stores here for some reason. it's really good :)

Itīs sooo cute itīs called Swedish Glace.. :D
we donīt call it that in sweden...
There itīs just Tofuline Glass.

I personally love the
Bon Ice Rice Icecream!