PDA

View Full Version : Vegan ice cream?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Korn
Jun 30th, 2008, 11:14 AM
That stuff rocks. I like it better than dairy ice cream.

My 7 year old tasted a new dairy free ice cream the other day which he refused to eat because it reminded too much of regular dairy ice cream (which I didn't even know he had tried, but apparently someone had offered him a taste once, and he didn't like it). If he's right - and he normally is :) - it's fully possible to get vegan ice cream that's extremely close - or even too close for his taste - to dairy ice cream for those who want it....

wildcatstrike
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:01 PM
as far as i'm concerned there is no difference in taste or texture between the dairy ice cream i used to eat & swedish glace.

none.

bryzee86
Jul 1st, 2008, 02:34 AM
Itīs sooo cute itīs called Swedish Glace.. :D
we donīt call it that in sweden...
There itīs just Tofuline Glass.

I have to see a picture to prove this!

cherrievegan
Jul 1st, 2008, 11:54 AM
I have to see a picture to prove this!

http://www.greenoption.org/vegprodukter/tofuline_glass.jpg
Here you go!!! :)
The Mocca one is the best!

Tiffeecanoe
Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:58 PM
Purely Decadent's Coconut Craze or the Coconut Milk Chocolate Ice Cream. HOLY YUM.

Kiran
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I like the new Neapolitan though, it's soo yummy!

I picked this one up from Morrisons today.:bigsmile: The 1.3 Liter giant tub only costs Ģ 2.99. This is the first time I have seen this flavour being stocked in morrisons. They only used to have the Vanilla.

xwitchymagicx
Jul 4th, 2008, 06:47 PM
i finally managed to get hold of some of the new wild blueberry flavour Swedish Glace - it took ages to come into the stores here for some reason. it's really good :)

I've seen it in the shop but haven't bought any yet! :mad:

The only ice cream I like so far are:

Swedish Glace Vanilla (new version)

Swedish Glace Raspberry (new version)

Swedish Glace Neopoliton
Booja Booja Maple Pecan

Hm...I've tried others but not liked them...lol But I reaaaaallllly want to go to America and try Soy Delicious or whatev. lol

twinkle
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I don't think much to the blueberry Swedish Glace - not blueberry-y enough for me!

The new recipe for the vanilla is gorgeous though. Mixed feelings about the new recipe chocolate - like the real chocolate taste, less thrilled that the texture isn't smooth any more. Can't have it both ways I guess.

mariana
Aug 13th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Purely Decadent's Coconut Craze or the Coconut Milk Chocolate Ice Cream. HOLY YUM.
I tried the Purely Decadent Coconut Milk chocolate ice cream a couple of nights ago.....wow! It's amazing! I love the slight aftertaste of coconut too, mmm... :D

wildcatstrike
Aug 14th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I had a dream the other night that my supermarket was selling the Booja Booja "stuff in a tub" on Buy One Get One Free.

If only! Then i could actually afford it, LOL

VeganNutritionista
Sep 5th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Purely Decadent's new Coconut Milk-based ice creams are delicious! We loved the cookie dough because the cream itself was so soft and fluffy and creamy, and the cookie dough balls were big and sweet. Gotta try their other flavors! :D

Cattmogg
Sep 5th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Wow. I just tried Swedish Glace Vanilla.

Welcome to paradise as i know it!! :D

mariana
Sep 5th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I just tried Purely Decadent's Coconut Milk coconut ice cream....I was worried it would be too coconut-y, but I was wrong. It is AMAZING!!!

Sarah_
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I've tried Tofutti Cuties, So Delicious and...Purely Decadent I think.

matt35mm
Sep 6th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Isn't coconut a bad fat?

I've tried coconut sorbet, which is fantastic! It'll kick your pants off, so don't eat it in public unless you want to get arrested for public nudity.

Tigerlily
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Coconut is a saturated fat. There are no "good" or "bad" fats, IMO.

Mahk
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:15 AM
I just had Trader Joe's vegan soy choc. ice cream drizzled with Kahlua coffee liquor (vegan too). Yum.

My ex roommate used to insist that even if you have had a huge filling meal there's always room for ice cream because there is a separate stomach for that.:)

mariana
Sep 6th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Good fat, bad fat...taste it and you really won't care!! (at least it made me not care) :)

Rakey
Sep 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Swedish Glace Vanilla or chocolate. Used it eat it when I was omni, but now i'm vegan I can't get enough of it.
I haven't tried tofutti yet, think i'd like to tho.

Verencemos
Nov 19th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Booja Booja do some 'stuff in a tub' (spose they can't call it ice cream) which I like much more than Swedish Glace. Haven't tried tofutti yet. I can't recommend the Boofa Booja maple pecan enough. It tastes different to dairy ice cream - Better!. The coconut is good too, but the chocolate didn't seem much better than Swedish Glace. It seems to be made mostly of frozen nut cream and maple syrup. Its pretty expensive though.
I want to try some of that frozen banana stuff made at home people talked about earlier in the thread.
v

Frank
Nov 20th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Swedish Glace - Wild Blueberry.

green woman
Nov 20th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Swedish Glace - Wild Blueberry.
Highly recommended!

crazy_vegan
Dec 18th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Soy Dream Mint Chocolate Chip =]

crazy_vegan
Dec 18th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah! Andddd Trader Joe's Chocolate Cherry tastes like the real thing!

Topcat
Jan 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM
well i live in a shit town and all i can get here is vanilla swedish glace in Morrisons, never seen anything else. Now after reading this thread i'm not happy, mind you it wasn't that long ago i had to travel into a city to even get soya milk etc, things are getting better slowly here.