PDA

View Full Version : Vegan ice cream?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

SarahM
Feb 11th, 2006, 04:19 PM
ahh an oldish thread, but one of my fav topics! :)

soy dream!!! mostly the coffee w/ almonds and fudge swirl, but the butter pecan is good and i've got the cinnamon w/ coffee swirl in my freezer now (crappy selection around here). the tofutti is good too! the chocolate supreme is way chocolatey and sooooooooo creamy!! tofutti cuties are good too :) the mint or the coffee are my favs.

feral
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:55 PM
Haa haa haa haaaaaa ha my local health store stocks swedish glace :D , last night was the first time in years I was able to have a bowl of icecream without having a sinus headache :D I got the raspberry one and it tastes exactly like a frozen yougart I used to buy. So stuff H&B and their unhelpful "you'll have to phone round all the stores yourself, we don't have a list" I am now discovering lots of good vegan grub between my 3 local health stores :D

*blows raspberries at all those who teased me about my dire lack of H&B food* :p

laurin
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:29 PM
I love soy icecream! I always get a mint soy icecream bar, thats my favourite.:rolleyes:

veggiewoman
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
I have just started buying Sainsburys FREE FROM...gluten and dairy free ice-cream, yes it was my first taste of dairy free ice cream and found it very yummy, it was hte raspberry flavour, I bought the toffee one today :)

veggiesosage
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
A related question, does anybody know if vegan lime sorbet exists anywhere on the globe. Will travel but pref in local shop.

saucyvegan
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:31 PM
i'm guessing you're in the US?

in the UK we have Tofutti which is pretty good, they do tubs and they also do ice cream cones which are nice. My favourite vegan ice cream is called Swedish Glace, they do loads of flavours. i don't think i've seen Soy Delicious in the UK.

at least one supermarket (Sainsbury's) does their own vegan frozen dessert here, which is amazing, and it's actually not too bad! i think they did a toffee and walnut one which was my favourite. :)

Ooh I didnt know that? I love Swedish Glace. Sainsburys here I come!! (plays with her love handles)!

catmogg
Apr 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I have just started buying Sainsburys FREE FROM...gluten and dairy free ice-cream, yes it was my first taste of dairy free ice cream and found it very yummy, it was hte raspberry flavour, I bought the toffee one today :)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, toffee...ooooooooooooooooooo

tabitha
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM
A related question, does anybody know if vegan lime sorbet exists anywhere on the globe. Will travel but pref in local shop.

When I came to Nottingham a couple of weeks ago, we had dinner in a very carnivorous restaurant - there were things like veal, goose and pigeon (gag) o the menu. They did me a very passeable mushroom risotto and when it came to sweet I noticed they had sorbet on the menu. I checked and found out it had gelatine in it!!!! how unnecessary is that??!!

Troutina
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Im confused- I have bought the Sainsburys Free From raspberry ice cream because it said vegan, and I passed on the toffee because it just said vegetarian.
So is the toffee one actually vegan?
How annoyingly confusing...

Cherry
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:57 AM
This is the first I've heard about sainsbury's ice cream. See, that's why I love the vegan forum :)

It's gorgeous summery weather today. I think my ice cream maker will be coming out soon :)

Veggisosage - you know the M&S lemon sorbet with spring water? Is that lemon & lime or just lemon? I think it's just lemon. It's great stuff though, not as sweet or strangely gloopy as sainsbury's lemon sorbet.

veggiewoman
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Im confused- I have bought the Sainsburys Free From raspberry ice cream because it said vegan, and I passed on the toffee because it just said vegetarian.
So is the toffee one actually vegan?
How annoyingly confusing...

I have just checked the labelling again and YES it says it is vegan !:)

Troutina
Apr 5th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Thankyou!
I'll have another look next time I pop in, was very confused when one said vegetarian and the other said vegan!

friend
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:27 AM
I gave colleagues Swedish glace a few times, and each and all were in heaven and amazed at how absurdly gooooood the entire thing is!! top marks

puffin
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Just tried the Swedish Glace chocolate and vanilla lolly ice cream thingys and the verdict is yummmmmm yummmm. Found them in Waitrose if anyone is interested :D

saucyvegan
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:51 PM
MMMM Puffin thanks for that!! Thats another one on my list that I never knew about!!

puffin
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I was shocked when i found them. I was looking for frozen beans but found those tasty things. The beans were soon forgotten about as the ice cream lollies were put in the basket :o

saucyvegan
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Dont know about anyone else but whenever I see a new vegan product that I havnt tried im like a 4 year old jumping up and down in anticipation haha!!

puffin
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Oh i am the same saucy, i feel like i have found something that no one has ever seen before and walk out of the shop with a big grin on my face.

Pob
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I get them and also the Swedish Glace strawberry cone things, too. I get in a big mess with the lolly type ones - chocolate goes everywhere:o The cones are a bit safer.

veggiewoman
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:50 PM
sorry guys I jsut want to clarify that the RASBERRY ice-cream form the Sainsburys freefrom IS NOT VEGAN but the TOFFEE one in the same range is. The rasberry one is just vegetarian, where the toffee one is VEGAN.
sorry for any confusion

puffin
Apr 5th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I get them and also the Swedish Glace strawberry cone things, too. I get in a big mess with the lolly type ones - chocolate goes everywhere:o The cones are a bit safer.
You messy so and so. Swedish Glace cones, i have never seen them. Where have you found them little gems?

xwitchymagicx
Apr 5th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I think I had the strawberry swedish glace cones from where i go here.

Pob
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:13 PM
You messy so and so. Swedish Glace cones, i have never seen them. Where have you found them little gems?One of the Sainsbury's near us sells them. Health shops should do, too.

Tigerlily
Apr 6th, 2006, 12:41 AM
I want to try this Swedish Glace. :(

xwitchymagicx
Apr 6th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I really wish there was some sort of email that could send food over. I'd send some of every flavour (as long as it is vegan of course) to you. I should try and invent it shouldn't I, lol.