PDA

View Full Version : Vegan ice cream?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

~Lenore
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I totally did this the other night!
I blended up frozen bananas, frozen grapes, a little bit of cocoa powder, and some vanilla soymilk.
I thought it would turn out awful, because I couldn't think of what I was supposed to put in it (this is how I cook :p), but it turned out to be very VERY yummy. :D

PercysLion
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Tofutti Too-Toos (ice cream sandwich cookies)

I've never seen these, but I must find them.

~Lenore
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Same. They're so cute!: http://www.tofutti.com/tootoos.0.asp

Lydia_Sorrow
Apr 26th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Does anywhere do a vegan tiramisu? My husband would DIE for that, lol!

Jane M
Apr 26th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Lydia, try this link here http://www.vegcooking.com/recipeshow.asp?RequestID=1089

I've never tried it myself. You can be the quinea pig????? (We love quinea pigs....yes we do:rolleyes: )

Lydia_Sorrow
Apr 26th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Ill try it soon!

Tangerine
Apr 27th, 2006, 12:01 AM
OMG! i love tiramisu! thanks Jane

Jane M
Apr 27th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Anytime! Save me a piece???? Or at least take a picture of it's yumminess????? :o

pat sommer
Apr 27th, 2006, 02:36 PM
not for awhile now... in summer when a whole bunch gets over-ripe behind my back I slice them diagonally 2-3cm thick and freeze on non-stick paper. Can then be transfered to freezer-bag. Great drizzled/dipped with melted chocolate. Whole frozen banana can get the same treatment I favor for Frozen strawberries: shred finely thru food processor. Voila, sorbet. A drizzle of maple syrup over the top makes it magical.

marisaedge
Apr 28th, 2006, 05:18 AM
i just had tofutti's strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
it is MUCH better than the regular flavors.
but soy delicious is definitely the best brand.

Agatha
May 10th, 2006, 06:57 PM
i've just bought some yummy coffee mocha swedish glace hmmmmm i blame the hot weather!!

Cherry
May 10th, 2006, 07:11 PM
I just ate a swedish glace ice cream in an ice cream cone with two layers of mint chocolate sauce :D I love Summer.

Xenius13
May 10th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I was just on the Cold Stone website looking at the ingredient lists for their sorbets. Other than possibly the sugar, I don't see anything in there that isn't vegan. Am I missing anything?

Click here (http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/images/news/Ice_Cream_Sorbet_Ingredient_State_Apr1706_132.pdf) for the lists I was looking at. The sorbets are at the bottom. It's a pdf file.

Agatha
May 10th, 2006, 08:04 PM
nooo they look good to me! hmmm wish i could have some too...

Syren
May 12th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I haven't read through the entire thread yet... but I tried the So(y) Delicious Boysenberry ice cream for the first time tonight. It was my first experience with soy ice cream, eek! But it was pretty darn good :) Kind of strangely cheesecake-flavoured... not sure how that works? But yummy just the same.

DancingWillow
May 12th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Boysenberry ice cream sounds so good and they don't have it the health food store here...darn!

aubergine
May 13th, 2006, 11:12 AM
A little something to make you all drool.

http://static.flickr.com/56/145483034_6c47f61373.jpg

Ooh I love summer. Sitting out in the sun eating Vanilla Swedish Glace and Vegan Jelly.

xwitchymagicx
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:31 PM
*wants jelly and ice cream now* _

:p

Blix
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:32 PM
i'm guessing you're in the US?

in the UK we have Tofutti which is pretty good, they do tubs and they also do ice cream cones which are nice. My favourite vegan ice cream is called Swedish Glace, they do loads of flavours. i don't think i've seen Soy Delicious in the UK.

at least one supermarket (Sainsbury's) does their own vegan frozen dessert here, which is amazing, and it's actually not too bad! i think they did a toffee and walnut one which was my favourite. :)

Where do you buy Tofutti in the UK?

fiamma
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:57 PM
*wants jelly and ice cream now* _

:p

*stamps foot* I want some too!

VeganJohn
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Me too!! Let's have a jelly and ice cream party :)

Perfect summer food!!

mn_nurse
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Jelly & ice cream...hm...must be a European thing. I think if I told someone in the US I was eating that they would laugh.

Kinda like pie & chips?

mn_nurse
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:55 AM
The Tofutti too-toos have chocolate chips, so I don't think they're vegan? They don't list the ingredients of the chips on the packaging... but they only say "dairy-free". In the Tofutti chocolate chip cookies they sell there is egg whites, so I'm guessing the too-toos have them, too.

vegan1969
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:34 AM
We prefer tofutti pints but today we tried the tofutti wild berry ice cream sandwiches and they are excellent!

VeganJohn
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Jelly & ice cream...hm...must be a European thing. I think if I told someone in the US I was eating that they would laugh.

Kinda like pie & chips?

haha, jelly means jam in the US right? As in what you put on your toast?

I bet you haven't had chips and mushy peas after a night oot on the toon :D :D :D :D