PDA

View Full Version : Meat Risks Links Needed

Ideologue
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
I have been away from the 'internet vegan debate with vehement non-repentant flesh masticators' for quite a while. Recently I have found myself embroiled in yet another discussion with these people.

I have been asked to provide links to information on the health risks of consuming animals, specifically, organically produced body parts. But my own bookmarked links seem to be in disarray and instead of searching for hours for whatever I find I thought I would ask here for a few decent suggestions.

So please can you post here in this thread as many links as you can to credible sites with preferably source-accredited information on the negative health implications associated with body-part consumption.

I have also been asked to provide names of vegan or vegetarian current male strength-event champions. So if you know of any current Olympic (or non-Olympic) vegan/vegetarian powerlifters, weightlifters, shot putters, etc., who hold titles or have recently won competitions please post the info here.

I detect they are trying to play me as the proverbial violin, but due to the seriousness of the nature of the subject at hand I will humour them regardless.

Thank you.

Korn
Sep 22nd, 2010, 08:42 AM
Hi,
check out this subforum: Are animal products healthy? (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?139-Are-animal-products-healthy).
It contains loads of links to studies of the kin you are asking for.

And no, that subforum didn't exist when you posted your question back in 2005. :)