PDA

View Full Version : Hypermobility syndrome and soya link

veganeden
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I've been diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome and would like to know if anyone knows about or has experienced any links between HMS pain and soya intake.

I seem to experience a flare up in my HMS when I consume soya products (stop eating them I hear you say ;) , easier said than done i'm a tofu and soya latte addict!!!). I was wondering if this could be an uncanny coincidence (i've got my fingers crossed the thought of no more soya makes my heart sink :() or if there could be grounds to this hypothesis what with soya being a natural estrogen.

I've checked the HMS site but there's no mention of diet effecting the syndrome.

Any ideas, i'd be eternally grateful.

Rx

PinkLogik
Feb 24th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Hello veganeden,

I had a little look around on the 'net for you and found this discussion thread here (http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/kneegeeks/0310188401.html), I'm unsure whether it will be of any help to you - but they seem to be discussing food allergies on there and most of them have mentioned (from what I gather) animal products being the main culprits.

In one of the threads a person mentions about eating soy (or soya as we call it here in the UK) as a source of extra protein, and this is thought to help (in their opinion).

veganeden
Feb 25th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the info, will check it out and let you know what I find.

Rx