PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Vegan

mophoto
Mar 3rd, 2006, 06:53 AM
there are enough of us here so....

i am happy to report my latest email from la shish...

I was wondering if the fatoosh salad dressing, the rice almond salad and the lentil soup is vegan (no animal products including dairy, eggs, refined cane sugar, and honey).

their beautiful reply:

Thanks for your patronage. All three of those items are 100% vegan products.

Charlie Saad

--i know that la shish is a small chain and better middle eastern food can be found in Dearborn but i was so happy to find out this info. i eat there at least twice a week and now i know for sure i can have the crushed lentil soup.:) along with the hummous, garlic spread, falafel, mjadra...YAY

oh- there is a vegan middle eastern cooking class happening in garden city. pm me for the details:)

Jane M
Mar 14th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Frances Moore Lappe (author of Diet for a Small Planet, Democracy's Edge, and coauthor of Hopes Harvest) and her daughter Anna Lappe (co-author of Hope's Harvest) will be doing a national book release for "Grub: Ideas for an Urban, Organic Kitchen by Anna Lappe & Bryant Terry in Ann Arbor, Michigan!!!

A2 Peoples Food Co-op's 35th Anniversary Gala Celebration is combined with the event!

April 2: Welcome Frances Moore Lappe! Reception and book signing 7:30 pm to 9 pm

April 3: National Book Release- "Grub: Ideas for an Urban, Organic Kitchen" Anna Lappe & Bryant Terry. At Shaman Drum Bookstore at 6pm

April 3: Frances Moore Lappe, Anna Lappe - Talk and Book signing. Crazy Wisdom Tea Room 7 to 9 pm

April 4: PFC Annual Meeting & Social- 5:30
Gala Celebration 7:30 pm featuring Frances Moore Lappe and Anna Lappe
Reception following: Michigan Theater
Tickets $20 or $15 for PFC Members
Purchase tickets at PFC, Crazy Wisdom Bookstore or A&L Wine Castle
Contact 734-994-4589 for scholarship ticket information

I'm so excited! I am going to meet one of the women who changed my life! Frances Moore Lappe!!!!! YESSS!!!!!