PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate chips are divine

Thur
Mar 4th, 2006, 03:35 AM
I dont know about anybody else but my favorite sweet in the whole world is Organic Vegan Chocolate chips melted down in the microwave and eaten with a plastic spoon. I always use plastic with it cause it wont get too hot or too cold. If it is too cold it will make the chocolate cool down and harden. I have much experience with this. Before I was Vegan I used to do it with all my fav sweets like Peanut butter cups. Now I just do it with vegan chocolate. Its easy and soooo good. You can add so much too it too. Peanut Butter, Mint, Silken Tofu, Coffee or Mocha Silk (Just a little to give a coffee taste) and my fav., Fruits. I've got some right now. Cant get any better than this eh?

Seaside
Mar 4th, 2006, 04:13 AM
I like melted chocolate too, but I like to take a sip of really cold hazelnut milk with it because I like it when the melty chocolate hardens up in my mouth. Yum! :p

insubordination
Mar 4th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Am off sugar at the moment but sounds so good. I'm laughing at the plastic spoon qualification.

When I turned vegan I didn't realise I could eat chocolate. It was about six months until I found out that cocoa butter wasn't butter. Oh happy day (but not really as it's a vice of mine)!

I used to throw in peanut butter like you or any of the following: sesame seeds, tahini, instant coffee, dates, cashews, crystallised ginger (yum!) and macadamias. I liked it almost re-set but still soft.

DancingWillow
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Ooh, there's something I can try! I do LOVE chocolate chips, but I eat them hard, not melted. I love Tropical Source, although it would be nice if if they had a higher cocoa content. I'm a chocoholic, so I'll experiment with the ideas you gave:D Thanks!

FR
Mar 4th, 2006, 07:00 PM
On the new caramel chocolate brownie Luna Bars they have these tiny chocolate chips drizzled with caramel. They are divine indeed.

Tigerlily
Mar 4th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I love choco chips! I found that {at least where I live} most semi sweet chocolate chips are vegan by default. I should pick up a bag!

FR
Mar 4th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I think Tropical Source makes the best ones. I buy the good organic brands. The only thing about Tropical Source is that I worry they support the Israeli war machine. I hope they do not support their governments currrent oppresive ways. I should look into that.

Tigerlily
Mar 4th, 2006, 07:25 PM
I'm too poor for organic foods.

DancingWillow
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:47 PM
I think Tropical Source makes the best ones. I buy the good organic brands. The only thing about Tropical Source is that I worry they support the Israeli war machine. I hope they do not support their governments currrent oppresive ways. I should look into that.

Wow, I never thought of that, and those are the chocolate chips I eat.:eek: Please post if you find that the company supports any unworthy causes!

What are your favorite chocolate chips? I haven't seen any organic ones...our health food store has only Tropical Source and several types of carob chips (and I like the chocolate ones). I'd love to know if there are organic ones! I love chocolate bars from the Endangered Species company and really wish they'd make chocolate chips too!

Seaside
Mar 4th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Sunspire, Dagoba, and Rapunzel make organic vegan chocolate chips (Dagoba calls them drops). Dagoba is free trade. I don't know anything else about any of these companies politics, though.

DancingWillow
Mar 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks Seaside! I'll try to find some...maybe I'll have to order them online.

FR
Mar 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM
It would be great if Green and Black's made some. The best thing to do when making chocolate chip cookies is use broken up chocolate instead. Then you will have chocolate chunk cookies.

DancingWillow
Mar 4th, 2006, 10:30 PM
That's a great idea about the chocolate chunk cookies FR;)

Isn't Green & Black's owned by Cadbury now? I stopped buying it because of that, but even before, it wasn't my favorite chocolate. I prefer the taste of several others much better!

eclectic_one
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I love choco chips! I found that {at least where I live} most semi sweet chocolate chips are vegan by default. I should pick up a bag!
I don't know about in Canada, but where I live, the semi-sweet chocolate chips in the grocery store are not vegan...they all have milk fat in them. I was reading one of the threads when I first became vegan and was thrilled when someone said that "virtually all semi-sweet chocolate chips are vegan," so I didn't bother to read the bag. When I was about to make cookies, I did, only to find "milk fat" listed in the ingredients:mad: