PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Ireland

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Turtle.. thatisall
Jun 19th, 2013, 02:25 PM
What part of Ireland Turtle? You'll have to be a bit more specific! :p

Have you checked Daft.ie yet? If not, it's the best resource for finding a place in Ireland. You should also check out the veggie and vegan section on Boards.ie.

Being perfectly honest however, I don't think that your chances of finding such a place are great. I don't know of any fully vegetarian houseshares in Galway (where I'm from) or Dublin (where I live). Best of luck though, and let me know if it works out!

Thanks Barry, yeah you're right, I did try daft and have been looking for 2 years now.. I moved into a "vegetarian" house last year but sadly I had no idea that fish and chilli con carne were vegetables so I had to move out out of sheer mortification! ;p

I'm looking anywhere in Ireland really! Obviously good access to Dublin would be ideal but I kind of gave up on Dublin and Wicklow a while back and just looking for somewhere with a fairly decent transport system at this stage, currently I have to cycle 5 miles to a bus stop! Great in summer.. not such a pleasantry in winter!
I think I'll have to just head abroad at this stage. I was very lucky up until a few years ago but with rent prices not budging here, living alone is just not doable for me right now, less I want to work my ass off and then I've no time to actually live and too knackered to be bothered :D If ya know what I mean!

Thanks again tho : )

Blueberries
Jun 20th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Have you tried asking the Irish vegetarian and vegan societies if they know anyone looking for a lodger? Or on the Irish vegetarian forum on boards.ie? Are you in Ireland currently, if so where do you live?

(Sorry for the barrage of questions!) :)