Vegans_Ireland@yahoogroups.co.uk
- also if you're into music then try this forum www.thumped.com/bbs
contact vegsoc@ireland.com and see if they have suggestions
Take care and good luck with the move
Niall

Armageddon_Pony
Nov 26th, 2007, 04:38 PM
hey guys!
im lookin for a vegan or at last vegetarian housemates cuz im lookin for a flat right now..
im 23 year old boy, vegan straight edge and very very nice :))
if you're lookin for any place let me know please!! Send me txt or somethin

0879044941 - Marty

Frank
Mar 31st, 2008, 11:30 PM
Dublin meet-up planned for Saturday 12th April.

Can you make it??

For further details go to:

http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=438766#post438766

Marrers
Jun 4th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I'm heading off to Dublin for the weekend unexpectedly! I've been several times before so I'm really looking forward to it.

Frank
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Have a nice time Marrers.

(Wish I was going there!).

seamus
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:17 PM
yo ho ho ho from Cork!
vegan here! anyone else here in cork city?

pavotrouge
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
anyone in Dublin in late July?

jonny_mears
Jul 5th, 2008, 05:58 PM
i might be in dublin around the 29th and 30th of july. i'm visiting a friend in cork the weekend before that, if anyone there want to meet up for a spot of vegan lunch?

Jasmine_tea
Jul 5th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Greetings to the Irish!
I've decided to visit Ireland after meeting many amazing Irish people in Australia--there are so many Irish there that I wondered who was watching the place while they were all gone! :)
Anyhow, saw this thread and decided to take advantage of the legendary Irish friendliness and ask for travel advice---what cities should i definately see? Let me give you a bit of backround info: I'm a 22 yr old uni student from Canada so I would love to go to the pubs/clubs in the bigger cities some nights BUT I'm also a huge history and architecture buff so I would be perfectly happy exploring local museums and castles/historical sites. I also love gorgeous landscapes and anywhere along the coast (I head that Ireland is a lot like New Zealand in terms of lush greeness and I was completely in awe my entire tour through NZ so I'll definately want to see some of Ireland's natural beauty) Also, I'd be coming next summer (either june or August).

Sorry to pollute your thread with my touristy questions! And thanks in advance for answering them :)

seamus
Jul 6th, 2008, 10:39 PM
i know a couple from canada who got me into veganism and i will always be in their dept.
take abow trudi(dont know her second name) and tariq Kahn. theses people are legends.
i love you both.
i think they are in vancouver, B.C.
miss these guys a lot.

Aradia
Jul 7th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Does anybody know what happened with Steph and Ita of Cussens Cottage? They suddenly dropped out of the vegan magazines.

I'm gutted, I used to love going there. Ita was a magical loon :p

alisont
Jul 28th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I will be visiting Dublin for a Muse concert in August but there Mon to Thu so plenty of chances to explore the vegan places to eat, on the Mon Im going out for a meal with 3 people (non vegan/veggie) iff the Muse Forum - all happy to try veggie/vegan food - Im thinking of booking a table at Juice? Menu looks good and want somewhere we can sit down and chat!

Im hoping my hotel will come up with something I can eat for breccy but are the Nourish health shops the best places for take out foods?

Any ideas on where is currently good to eat?

Frank
Jul 29th, 2008, 01:32 AM
AlisonT - you will find this site useful:

http://vegans.frommars.org/ireland/

alisont
Jul 29th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks Frank, will have a good look later on:)

pavotrouge
Jul 29th, 2008, 09:07 PM
we had lunch at Govinda's (Middle Abbey Street branch) today and it was really good. ask for what's vegan and get them to shovel as much as possible onto the plate for 8.50 € :)

Marrers
Aug 1st, 2008, 12:33 AM
I didn't go to Nourish but think Blazing Salads is the best place for take-away savoury stuff like sandwiches, pasties etc.

alisont
Aug 1st, 2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks will need somewhere to get some food for the gig from - i wont be risking some burger van:rolleyes: a nice take out box will be great (just hope Marley park allow you to take food in - shall argue my case if not)

niallmc
Aug 5th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Blazing salads is probably the best place for veggie takeaway -

niallmc
Aug 5th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Does anybody know what happened with Steph and Ita of Cussens Cottage? They suddenly dropped out of the vegan magazines.

I'm gutted, I used to love going there. Ita was a magical loon :p
Cussens Cottage is now closed, stephen has his own buisness fixing computers and Ita does some keep fit classes i think. Both are still involved with irish vegetarian society.
Green lodge, further south is still open and is a great place to visit

alisont
Aug 7th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Anyone tried this place?

http://www.thelottscafebar.com/

A review of it said the chef was vegan - but cooks omi/fish/veggie and vegan?

If time i may investigate but will prob stick to the all veggie/vegan places:)

alisont
Aug 15th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Am back - had a great trip to Dublin:) Muse were fantastic and didnt end up in a field of mud:D

Had great food at Juice, loved Blazing salads for take out, Cafe Fresh did good soup. Juice and Blazing Salads were my faves partic Juice - excellent vegan menu/food/service.

Hotel was no good for vegan breakfast but had a fridge in my room and just had cereal/fruit/beans on toast.

Most bars had Becks on tap but eek £5 a pint:eek:

Went on the Guiness tour and drank lemonade:( went to most of the museums too.

Loved the fact every Spar shop had a juice bar in - almost as many juice bars as pubs!!!

Am spent out now

pavotrouge
Aug 17th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I found the Spar shops so funny... Spar is one of the cheapest low-budget supermarkets over here!

you went to see Muse? That was my very first incentive to go to Dublin but unfortunately, school started that day...

alisont
Aug 18th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Yes I booked the Dublin trip around Muse once Id got a ticket, went with lots of forumers off the Muse forum. Fantastic gig with Kasabian supporting. I love Muse just seen them at V festival yesterday too (a mudbath:D)

Shame you couldnt of gone:(

I love the fact of a juice bar in every Spar!

Plomb
Sep 11th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Anyone know where to find winter coats in Dublin sans wool?

AnneCE
Jul 15th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I'm going to be in Dublin the bank holiday weekend. Any up to date information? I will be going to Cornucopia, are they still good? There was talk of them expanding but has anything happened about that?
I'll mostly be self-catering (minding my sister's house on the northside) but want to know a couple of good places in the city centre.