PDA

View Full Version : The best way to search for threads/posts

Zombified
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I've been trying to use the search engine for this forum, is there anyway of getting straight to what you're looking for, or does it just give you the thread and you have to look through it all for the highlighted words?

RedWellies
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I haven't tried it but does it help if you do an advanced search? (click on search, then choose advanced)

Mr Flibble
Feb 12th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I've been trying to use the search engine for this forum, is there anyway of getting straight to what you're looking for, or does it just give you the thread and you have to look through it all for the highlighted words?

In the advanced search select Show Results as "Posts" instead of the default "Threads". I agree it is rather annoying.

Oh, and welcome by the way :)

Zombified
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Cheers. Got it now

Korn
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry that the built in search function isn't always as useful as we want it to be.

If you try to find existing posts/threads, the best way is either to use 'Advanced Search' (found under 'Search') or to use Google. If you use Google, remember to type site:veganforum.com before you search string.

A Google Example: if you type...

site:veganforum.com diabetes

...you'll get 1,620 hits, all from veganforum.com.

If you prefer the built-in 'Advanced Search'-fucntion, don't forget that there's a built-in way to save your search preferences, ie. 'Search Titles Only'.

Geoff
May 14th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Why can't I find / access the 'Singles' thread? Is this an attempt by admin to protect innocent vegan women from an old roue such as I? :D

(It won't work. I will track them down.)

s.london posse
May 14th, 2006, 01:26 AM
so its not just me then

Geoff
May 14th, 2006, 06:03 AM
It looks like no one is going to tell us!

Korn
May 14th, 2006, 06:05 AM
The thread is not gone, it's just having a holiday, and will be back later...

Geoff
May 14th, 2006, 06:24 AM
I hope it remembered the sun screen! :)

catalina
May 14th, 2006, 06:40 AM
And a high thread count/weave T-shirt to cover up. :)