PDA

View Full Version : Vegan London, part 1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

alisont
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Greens and Beans by Euston (go out of door by left luggage and walk down Druumond Street)

It does a fab lunch and wonderful smoothies, not managed breccy there but they do porridge - oat, quinoa etc... and lots of vegan bread for toast its very healthy there so no vegan fry up type food!

Is shut at weekends im told.....

Me and my friend are meant to be going to London next weekend might try eat and 2 vege for breccy as we are staying in Marylebone.....

dreamqueen
Oct 18th, 2007, 01:14 PM
clapham common is closer, but clapham north wouldnt be the end of the world.

amanda

Thanks, Amanda!

dreamqueen
Oct 18th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Greens and Beans by Euston (go out of door by left luggage and walk down Druumond Street)

It does a fab lunch and wonderful smoothies, not managed breccy there but they do porridge - oat, quinoa etc... and lots of vegan bread for toast its very healthy there so no vegan fry up type food!

Is shut at weekends im told.....

Me and my friend are meant to be going to London next weekend might try eat and 2 vege for breccy as we are staying in Marylebone.....

HappyCow.net indicates Greans and Beans isn't opened on the weekend. I'll go there on Friday and the place at Marylebone on Saturday probably. And then I'll be off to Italy for 6 weeks!

zorbed
Oct 18th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Hi, just wondering where i could get Sheese in London? Preferably south or central London.

Thanks.

harpy
Oct 19th, 2007, 12:16 AM
The only place I recall seeing it recently is in the Whole Foods Market in Kensington High St, but you could always write to the manufacturers and ask about stockists.

alisont
Oct 19th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Ive seen it at the Wholefoods market too, wonder if the health shop up by Kensington park stocks it as they seem cheaper (forgotton name at mo!)

Bute foods do post scheese out if you cant find it?

Stu
Oct 19th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I've seen it in Fresh & Wild (the Stoke Newington branch; not sure about the others).

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/freshandwild/

flying plum
Oct 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
i know that planet organic on torrington place (bloomsbury) has some soy-based 'cheese', but i'm not sure about sheese. was thinking about experiementing with some this week as never have, so i'll have a look and see what brands they have...

amanda

zorbed
Oct 19th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I've seen it in Fresh & Wild (the Stoke Newington branch; not sure about the others).

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/freshandwild/

Cheers. There's one in Clapham!

harpy
Oct 20th, 2007, 12:16 AM
I don't recall seeing it in the Clapham one, so it might be an idea to ring them first if you'd need to make a special trip there.

zorbed
Oct 20th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Hmm. It wouldn't really be a mission. Plus Clapham Common is nice :D

Why does hardly anywhere sell Sheese? (the blue style mainly).

Maybe it would just be easyer to order it offline somewhere?

harpy
Oct 20th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Goodness Direct sell Sheese but unfortunately I don't see the blue one on there - might just be out of stock or something though I suppose.

I'm not that keen on it myself so had better not comment on why it's hard to find ;) but I hope you find some. They don't seem to have a list of stockists on their web site but they do have a list of wholesalers/distributors, so you could contact the local one and ask about stockists:

http://www.buteisland.com/a_suppliers.htm

gertvegan
Oct 21st, 2007, 11:30 AM
A little late, but I've had a breakfast at Eat and Veg and would defo again. Really liked the music too.

RebeccaDye
Oct 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'm from South London :D
If you can get to Lewisham/Blackheath/Greenwich then there are healthfood shops.
Especially Sheel in Lewisham.
But I guess you could just get it off the internet which would be easier.

dreamqueen
Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Not too late - it's this coming Friday and Saturday that I'll be scrabbling around in London looking for vegan vittles. :D

bryzee86
Oct 23rd, 2007, 09:58 AM
vittles? is this a canadian thing or am I dense?!

Enchantress
Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
Well, it's not only a Canadian thing....:o It means food.

Marrers
Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Has anyone been to that cafe yet? Got a name and opening times?

I have to announce that the best cakes in London are to be had at Fresh and Wild on Brewer Street. Delicious Carrot cake and Passion cake. And Chocolate cake to die for. Knocks spots off Beatroot and Ray's Jazz Cafe.

Vita Organic also have a very nice coconut and pomegranate cakey thing.

I'm disappointed that since Vita Organic moved things around quite a few dishes which used to be warm are now served cold. And about how much the prices have gone up.

BlackCats
Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
I had the choc and hazelnut cake from Fresh and Wild, twas very nice.

The nicest vegan cake I have had was still the one at the veggie roadshow this year though, coffee and walnut yum!!:)

I have to try more London places soon.

Gorilla
Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:38 PM
I'm disappointed that since Vita Organic moved things around quite a few dishes which used to be warm are now served cold. And about how much the prices have gone up.

the prices have gone up in VitaOrganic?! :eek: i couldn't afford to eat there at the old prices!

dreamqueen
Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:47 PM
Mmmm, food. Vittles is a variation on victuals; otherwise, I'm not sure as it's not even listed in the Oxford English Dictionary.

It's pouring rain and freezing here in Toronto - I hope it'll be more pleasant in London when I arrive!

Gorilla
Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:28 PM
it's freezing here too, although it's been mostly dry. hope you have a good time.

alisont
Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:41 PM
Im hopefully in London this Fri and Sat - no idea where we will end up for breakfast yet if anywhere?

Heading for 222s buffet lunch Fri if we get there in time, poss Mildreds Fri eve

Thats if i get to London:confused: not sure yet.....

Eat and 2 veges breccy sounds good:)

bryzee86
Oct 28th, 2007, 12:25 AM
hello london folk. any of you know where I can get vegan candles (specifically tealights) in london? I've seen em online, but i'd rather go get them in person.

cheers.

emmapresley
Oct 28th, 2007, 01:06 AM
bryzee, vbb recently informed me that ikea do tea lights and they're most acceptable veganwise..also very cheap

*scootles backwards out of london thread and back oop north*