PDA

View Full Version : Vegan London, part 1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

alisont
Apr 14th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Its well cool in there Stu, think its called In Spiral, yes on the right on the way to Camden Lock by where the fire was, just before the canal.

They are very friendly in there and have lots of evenings on and acoustic nights, poetry eves etc...

There is a room downstairs to hire and internet access.

Organic vegan bottled beer and cider too also vegan wines and cocktails in the eve.

They know how to make decent vegan food and lots of raw dishes too, cool beatroot hummous too!

Yep well needed in Camden!

alisont
Apr 14th, 2008, 07:36 AM
http://www.london-eating.co.uk/33026.htm

http://www.touchlondon.co.uk/business/list/bid/5625320

There is a website there will try to find flyer later!

Stu
Apr 14th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm like, so there dude.

BlackCats
Apr 14th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Alisont knows more about Vegan London than anyone who actually lives there. She is a wealth of information.:)

flying plum
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
that place sounds awesome! will be making a trip to camden especially, methinks. south london sucks sometimes....

oh, speaking of camden - anyone been to the green note cafe? it's down near fresh and wild. they're all veggie, lots vegan, with some cool jazz, i hear. thinking of going down a week saturday for my birthday, but wondered if the food was any good?

amanda

aubergine
Apr 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM
south london sucks sometimes...

:eek:

flying plum
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:16 AM
heh heh, don't get me wrong - south london born and bred (well, almost born...actually born in hammersmith), but for veganfun, north london does feel more accomodating sometimes...

amanda

Stu
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:53 AM
oh, speaking of camden - anyone been to the green note cafe? it's down near fresh and wild. they're all veggie, lots vegan, with some cool jazz, i hear. thinking of going down a week saturday for my birthday, but wondered if the food was any good?

amanda

I've been to Green Note. I did like it, but they gave me cheese, which annoyed me. Apart from that, it was pretty good.

maikeru
Apr 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
south london sucks sometimes....

South London is the places to the south of the Thames.
Brighton is a place to the south of the Thames.
Therefore Brighton is in south London.

Michael.

flying plum
Apr 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
interesting logic...but slightly flawed - surely brighton is south OF london, rather than South London ;) plus, i suspect many brightonites would be most offended to be told they were part of london! :D

amanda

alisont
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Alisont knows more about Vegan London than anyone who actually lives there. She is a wealth of information.:)

Blushes:o Thanks:) Just happened to spot that new cafe and thought id investigate in case it was worth sharing with my vegan friends! The vegan cake skills there have the potential for being the best vegan cakes in London Its def well worth a visit, the savoury food was nice but not as nice as their cakes (do try the choc brownies they do a vegan one and a non vegan one) oh and yummy vegan cheesecake!

My mum once said if there was a vegan travel agents i should apply for a job:D

Not been to Greennote but am sure i read somewhere they were closed for a while or not doing food for a bit - but that was last year?

Marrers
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:08 AM
I heard about Spiral a while back as it was somewhere the London Vegans were having meetings every now and then. I should have mentioned it here I suppose, but since I hadn't tried it . . . nice to have a review alisont!

I went to Green Note once, what I had was okay but I wasn't impressed by the vegan choices - I had thought they would have more. Also I seem to remember they weren't clued up about the wine either but this was about a year ago.

Kiran
Apr 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Vanilla Black in York has closed. They are relocating to London. The restaurant will be open later in this month. They are looking for staff.

http://www.vanillablack.co.uk/

Vanilla Black
17- 18 Tooks Court
London
EC4A 1LB

Stu
Apr 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Nice one for the info Kiran. Sorry it's moving away from your neck of the woods though.

bryzee86
Apr 15th, 2008, 08:06 PM
so they do vegan choices, kiran?

P.S. This might well be a summer job for me :D

RedWellies
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM
since Camden Town is the home of 'alternative' in London.And Lex...sigh...

bryzee86
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Lex?

Kiran
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Nice one for the info Kiran. Sorry it's moving away from your neck of the woods though.

I have been there only twice. I would not go all the way from Leeds to York just for the restaurant. Its a good place to eat though, as there are very limited places that are Vegan friendly in York. The York establishment was very small. Their menu marked all vegan items. Friendly staff too.:)

Yep they do.:) Its a veggie/vegan place.

Stu
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Lex?

Heh, Lex was a funky pre-Bryzee forummer. Although he lived in Kentish Town actually.

bryzee86
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
How dare you reminisce on times PB (Pre-bryzee)! I am your heaven and earth now, and don't you forget it.

flying plum
Apr 15th, 2008, 10:45 PM

P.S. This might well be a summer job for me :D

i just had the same thought :) have to decide on bar or waitressing now....boo! still, will be a nice change from the gaucho grill and chez gerard that are on chancery lane at the moment. and i bet lawyers tip well ;)

amanda

Marrers
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I found some divine (but very expensive) vegan choc at Paul A. Young (http://www.payoung.net/) in Camden. There were two vegan suitable truffles (£1.50 each) and quite a few solid bars.

bryzee86
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Hey all. I just read on happycow that bourgeios bohem are opening a store in Richmond next month:

Clicky (http://www.happycow.net/blog/?p=135)

beanstew
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:21 AM
and i bet lawyers tip well ;)

You'd certainly be advised to check the tip jar if any lawyers had been in. :D

bryzee86
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:19 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a negative correlation between salary and tipping. Those over £100k probably are reeeeally stingy.