PDA

View Full Version : Vegan London, part 1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

matt35mm
Sep 9th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the tip! I'll see you in London then!

Stu
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Would someone like to organize a meeting around the Piccadilly area and I'll just show up?? :) Or if people can find the Piccadilly Backpackers hostel, we could meet there and go elsewhere.

It just so happens that Piccadilly Backpackers is literally around the corner from traditional VF meet-up locale The Glasshouse Stores...

matt35mm
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I can walk around a corner.

scarlett
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:40 AM
It just so happens that Piccadilly Backpackers is literally around the corner from traditional VF meet-up locale The Glasshouse Stores...

just what I was thinking ;) :D

BlackCats
Sep 9th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I can walk around a corner.

(I'm impressed.:p)

I totally forgot about this, why are there so many things in September, very popular month it seems. I will be there with bells on.:)

Gwydion
Sep 9th, 2008, 03:00 PM
just what I was thinking ;) :D

X2!

I will be there with bells on.:)

No whistles? :(

BlackCats
Sep 9th, 2008, 03:07 PM
No whistles? :(

Okay, I will wear my whistles too.:)

Gorilla
Sep 9th, 2008, 03:15 PM
i might be there for your London meet-up Matt but if not, i'll see you in Brighton. are you a member of the UK Meet-Ups group on here yet? perhaps you should start a new thread in there for arrangements for your meet-up. :)

matt35mm
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Good idea! I am a member of the UK meet-ups group (I've been jealously looking through the photos of all the fabulous get-togethers), and I'll put something up in a little while.

Elahiya
Sep 26th, 2008, 12:07 AM
We went there yesterday and I think it is my favourite place in London so far. It has a really nice ambiance and the cakes are so delicious!:) I had forgotten how much I love Camden, I will be going back there definitely. Also this probably has been mentioned before but we saw a place in the stables part of the market (I think) that does vegan burgers with lots of different toppings (even PB!:eek:) and everything there is vegan apart from the cheese.:)

heya, if you go back, i wonīt be able to resist and will have to accompany you!:D itīs also my favorite vegan place in london so far with the ambience, the people, the view, camden...:heart:
ah, u were at paulīs! ok, donīt remember how that place is called, only that the owner is named paul. when i first saw that place i was astonished :"everything vegan apart from the cheese"

alisont
Sep 26th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Is that the Ha Ha veggie burger bar in Camden market?

Great burgers there filling and cheap - Paul the owner is ever so friendly.

Erm I hate to mention that one time I was in the queue he was doing an egg on the grill for a stall holder - but when i said about it he totally cleaned the grill before making anymore food.

In Spiral is a fave of mine - nice mix of food, fab cake, nice chilled atmosphere, and staff! and a view of the canal. Plus I love Camden:)

Elahiya
Sep 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM
@ harpy: everytime iīve been there, there were several kinds of people. of course there were some "alternative" with dreads, but there were "mainstream", "metal" or these "styled" people as well and no oneīs staring at you.

iīve never seen it too crowded to far. ok, iīve also been there more during the week, but even on sunday mornings it is not much different.

(black cats: iīd be happy to receive a pm..)

harpy
Sep 26th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks, BC and Elahiya, will try and give it a go once I've sorted out my dreads then ;)

BlackCats
Sep 26th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks, will try and give it a go once I've sorted out my dreads then ;)

Just to make it clear not everyone in there has dreads btw.:) There's not a bouncer at the door requesting that you are tattooed and pierced before you enter. :D There was that type of cool vibe you know like people you see at festivals/ gigs and stuff.

(Elahiya - great!:))

I really want to go back there again now!

harpy
Sep 26th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Whew, I will forget about the dreads then and just work on my cool vibe :D

BlackCats
Sep 26th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Whew, I will forget about the dreads then and just work on my cool vibe :D

Lol.:D

BlackCats
Sep 26th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Harpy - it said on the website that it is 100% vegetarian and 100% organic. When we were there the staff said that everything in the hot food section was vegan except there was honey glaze on the beetroot and all the cakes were vegan. I don't know if the menu changes a lot so I would ask but all the staff seemed to know exactly what food was vegan so no problems with that.:)

(They should be paying me for this free publicity.:p)

harpy
Sep 26th, 2008, 11:02 AM
They should! Mmm, cake.

harpy
Sep 26th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks, Marrers. Will try and get up there in the day time when there's room for my zimmer frame, and will definitely eschew the soggy veg in favour of Cake.

Elahiya
Sep 26th, 2008, 11:54 PM
They also do sweet raw ball things and the two I had were delicious.

those are the most dangerous!!! i can usually hardly leave them. they are nutritious, healthy and extremely yummy delicious!!!!

It wasn't too busy during the afternoon but we went back for some takeaway cake on our way home shortly after 6pm and it was pretty bustling.

no, you didnīt go for takeaway cake! :D ok i can understand it totally.

just get this strange idea: why not meeting regularly there like once a month or something? and trying anything they have including cocktails on one day?

scarlett
Sep 26th, 2008, 11:59 PM
just get this strange idea: why not meeting regularly there like once a month or something? and trying anything they have including cocktails on one day?

:thumbsup: Just let me know when !! I neeeeeed more cheesecake :D (and would love to try the cocktails too)

Marrers
Sep 27th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Sounds like a plan! Although it might be fun to revolve the venue after we've sampled all Inspiral's wares? :)
A regular meet up would be very nice!

Elahiya
Sep 27th, 2008, 09:25 AM
:thumbsup: whoa, cool!!!! didnīt expect you guys are all in at once! so probably a weekend would be the best if weīd want to try also the cocktails, wouldnīt it be?

what do you prefer? fridays, saturdays, sundays? i think the weekend of 17/18th does not come into consideration as weīre going to celebrate scarletts and kirans birthday then. what abut the other weekends? when are you free?

if we pick one day we could try to meet like every second saturday, for example, something like that...

Stu
Sep 27th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Regular meet-ups sounds champion.

BlackCats
Sep 27th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Definitely count me in! I'm very flexible with days usually so whenever you guys can go is fine.:)